AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-20, 20:18   Link #761
Key Board
Carbon

the VN had 4 endings routes: IIRC, the anime went -> Isuzu -> Nemuru -> Kaori/Mana

the anime is a mish mash of several routes, which, as you guessed is not always the best thing to do when adapting a VN

overall it's not bad, but it ended with a lack luster

the middle parts were the best
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 00:03   Link #762
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah it's been a good score, and decent music placement works. Though when it comes to the best thing about this series, Onii hands down.
Me three. And while its normally rare to find good OP/ED from these 1-season animes, but I really like the ED. OP probably needs some more listening before I like it.
Old 2010-03-21, 01:06   Link #763
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Since we're done with this thing, why not have fun watching the very cool Music videos for the OP? It's more awesome than the show itself

Spoiler for OP Music Video:

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 06:16   Link #764
moichispa
Endless witch

Yeah mixing all the routes is not a good idea and more in a 07 work.

Te ending became something to fast and confusing. the anime left some things without answers most of them about Kaori.

Thanks for the explanation
Old 2010-03-21, 13:58   Link #765
OkamiNoKaze

Yeah, episode 11 was ok, I didn't expect it to end this episode, I was expecting some last minute twist that would leave a cliff hanger for a real ending next episode, like in The Ring. But it does look like the next episode is mostly an Omake episode. If this show ever gets licenced in the US, maybe they could take the "Ghost Stories" approach. and make it a comedy. Turn it into Scary Movie: The Anime
Old 2010-03-21, 14:11   Link #766
kvi

I will admit, I was laughing pretty hard at the parts of that episode that were random and just plain bad.
kvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 14:40   Link #767
donoghu

Personnaly, I think the episode 11 is a really bad choice in the story.

Not that I'm for the cliff hanger that comes from 95% of animes in the episode before the last, but more if we resume this :

- (Already been said) Gun seems to paralyse super-strong "god". (Except for running in front an putting the gun to their heart, it seems... ) With the fight again the knife, if show how good those really are, but a single gun can easily kill someone who was able to jump from a chair in a flash?

- That episode really end at a bit further than the half of it... leaving the other part for unanswered and unecessary questions, lot of unecessary part and a big of those part comes from the thing "Call her Nemuru"-thing. (I know it's a custome to not name people by their first name unless they really close to you, but after what they lived, I think it's stupid ot be hesitating for the boy character especially since he got the approval from Nemuru-chan)

- " With one more episode to a finished arc, I wonder what will happen? " is one of the worst thing to be made for a anime that involve such a serious background. At least, the unanswered questions part was still a conclusion (even as bad as it was.) But that last episode will simply be a end-breaker. This anime wasn't made to be principally a comedy... or they really missed what they aimed for. (like some have told, this "could" be taken as an horror, but I think it's more like a mystery mixed with some action on a dark background... so the worse kind of scenario for comedy.)
donoghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 15:14   Link #768
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donoghu View Post

- That episode really end at a bit further than the half of it... leaving the other part for unanswered and unecessary questions, lot of unecessary part and a big of those part comes from the thing "Call her Nemuru"-thing. (I know it's a custome to not name people by their first name unless they really close to you, but after what they lived, I think it's stupid ot be hesitating for the boy character especially since he got the approval from Nemuru-chan)
After what Nemeru almost did to him combined with his "hentai" dream of her, I can understand him hesitating a bit. He prob wants to sleep with the girl.

It's a typical "pre-dating" scenario you see in some anime titles imo.
Old 2010-03-21, 16:52   Link #769
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
My take on Okami Kakushi Episode 11, and some reflections on the anime as a whole:

Spoiler for Okami Kakushi episode 11:
Old 2010-03-21, 21:31   Link #770
keikakudoori
world-end prosecutor

What a bad way OKK ended. Awful. I knew that OKK was not going to be great after the first eps but I was hoping for something great to happen and beat the odds. Sadly, it never did. Ep 11 made everything worse with so many ridiculous events happening after another to the point it wasn't funny. In the end, useless Hiroshi was saved and the 'bad' guys were defeated. Frankly, I don't feel that bad for Sakaki but he got screwed over badly in this show, not to mention he had an awful 'death'. Also, they never cared to explain a few things.

I liked Nemuru the most (Kaname being second) but I disliked how they turned both of them into some haremette in the end for Hiroshi, all of people. Too bad nothing happened to Isuzu either. God, was she annoying. I probably would've enjoyed the show more without her and her brother. Looking forward to next ep? Can't say that I do really. The TV version was plain bad imo. This is sad since most of us know what R07 is really capable of. OKK does not display his true abilities at all.
keikakudoori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 23:39   Link #771
Forsaken_Infinity

This show was a downhill ride throughout and it ended in a vertical plunge, literally. That's all I have to say. And yeah, rofl.

Here's to hoping for a VN translation...
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 08:30   Link #772
OkamiNoKaze

Maybe they just weren't watching it, but I'm glad the game players kept quiet, unlike with the Higurashi Threads, and Fate/Stay Night, for example. Made it much more enjoyable to watch and discuss.
Old 2010-03-23, 16:32   Link #773
matteas
Member Member

At least I've enjoyed it more than Umineko anime adaptation. The ending was quite stereotypical with a lot of stale cliches, but I can't say it wasn't enjoyable.

It would have been better with more deaths among main characters. Particularly, the ever so annoying Isuzu should never have made it through alive. She was a very sharp thorn in the beginning of this anime.
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 17:57   Link #774
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Maybe they just weren't watching it, but I'm glad the game players kept quiet, unlike with the Higurashi Threads, and Fate/Stay Night, for example. Made it much more enjoyable to watch and discuss.
Ehh, I doubt that it was as much "keeping quiet" as much as it was probably "nobody really read this because it wasn't translated and the few who did would have nobody to discuss it with if they brought the topic up in the anime thread and the other few who did are probably busy translating Umineko EP6 and dealing with their day to day lives to worry too much about how this anime is too different from the VN".

... but in the end I guess "kept quiet" makes sense and would be a lot easier to say. >w>;

I personally like reading about the differences from the original medium though. It gives me more insight to the characters' personalities, dynamics, and the elements of the story that the anime didn't explore.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 18:37   Link #775
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Another FAIL this season, quite a recurring theme; anyway, I hope the last episode is as lame as ep.11 ... at least I hope the staff realized that their show is more of a comedy than horror/thriller/mystery or whatever they thought during early production
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 20:31   Link #776
Dralha

Ep 11 felt too rushed. It could've been spread out over 2 ep's, tossing in a few tension pauses here and there.

The overall conclusion was satisfying, though.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-24, 22:30   Link #777
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I congratulate this episode for showing me that something more horrible can exist whenever you think you just watched the most horrible thing in your life. This episode now stands as the worst episode I've ever seen since my anime days.
Old 2010-03-25, 18:43   Link #778
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for last episode and final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 13:22   Link #779
Arashi500
Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Heres hoping a Lovecraftian anime adaption is made to it's full, or nearly full, potential. Until then no horror anime will frighten me in the least I am sure. This felt more like a dark comedy to start out, and looked like something that got rejected from an adult swim show (which has to be pretty bad) towards the end.
Old 2010-03-28, 19:58   Link #780
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I really like the last episode, like it more then the rest of series The different outlooks about the castle was awesome lol

Tags
horror