Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Spoiler for Clannad After Story ending:
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 11:54   Link #42
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I prefer Type A since most of the anime I watch does leave me a good impression at first glance in the beginning, is a bit boring in the middle but offer some development and backstories, the ending is pretty satisfying for me for the usual time, and there's very little anime I watch whom I found their beginnings to be slow but manage to pick up later on, or endings to be unsatisfying at best, but it doesn't always affect the series' quality itself.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 20:26   Link #43
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Kids on a Slope was without a doubt at least somewhat of a disappointment. But it wasn't due to the ending, it was due to rushed pacing and the forced melodrama it had times instead of focusing on what made it good aka the friendship theme and jazz. The ending had just that and that was what it was great. It wasn't an overly happy ending, nor was it said, it was hopeful and bittersweet.
I guess it's not really the events of the ending, although I personally had some issues with that, but the pacing like you said. The reason I bring it up is because the pacing issues didn't really show up at all until about 2/3 of the way through the show. It was fine up until around the performance at school and then things suddenly started rushing ahead. Regardless of whether it was the transition of the events of the manga to anime or rather the events themselves, it left a bad taste in my mouth that brought the rest of the show down with it. Hence my preference for a type A show.

Spoiler for Clannad AS aside:
Old 2013-07-18, 15:54   Link #44
RichardFromMarple

One problem with adapting from a Manga is using up the source material too quickly.

Often the studios have to come up with some original scripts to pad out the run, which can be hit or miss for the overall storyline.
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 16:32   Link #45
Random32
Also a Lolicon

How long are start and end in comparison to the middle?

Let's say you have a 12 ep anime. The beginning and ending are pretty big. Beginning middle end probably account for a third each, or 25-50-25. Since beginning/end have more relative impact, A > B.

But let's take CLANNAD, a relatively massive 50+ep show. I think the ending wasn't the best from an anime point of view, even if it did help with "sticking to the source." The beginning was pretty much introducing characters, which while done pretty well, isn't the best beginning ever. Less than a tenth of the series was spent on the not stellar start and end, and 90%+ was all the awesome stuff in between. Would you sit through tens to hundreds of boring episodes for a good beginning and ending? Of course not. B > A.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 18:09   Link #46
SummeryDreams

I don't know what to choose, but a good start and ending with let say; maybe just a part of the middle will be not that good will most likely be acceptable for me. I hate bad endings, it made me think that I shouldn't have had watched such to start with.
SummeryDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 21:06   Link #47
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Definitely A. Endings determine the final impression a series leaves in my mind. I've gone through a couple of series which were really promising but ended really badly, and despite the fact that I loved the middle parts (and still do!), they leave a sour taste in my mind.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 21:50   Link #48
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I can't really pick one.

Sometimes I get interested in something only to drop it midway and then sometimes I stick with something even though it's boring at first...only to amaze me midway.
Old 2013-07-23, 10:46   Link #49
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

While consistent throughout is best of course, I need an opening to at least get me on board with a show, set the mood and establish the ground rules first. It doesn't have to be brilliant.

The middle can dip, but not too much as this is where the bulk of the development/events often takes place.

So I would find something like a so-so beginning, strong middle, and so-so ending satisfactory.

Quote:
Aside from comedies or light-hearted fun-type series, I am seldom content with a flat out happy ending. I always feel that the characters must pay some of price or suffer some sort of hardship to get that "prize". It just makes it a much more satisfying experience for me. Hence, my bias for bittersweet endings.
Pretty much agreed with this. Contrived happy endings just for the sake of having a happy ending leave me feeling empty.
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 11:34   Link #50
Mitsuho
No Member

It has to have a hook within the first three episodes. Slow and week starts can still have that special something that will keep me watching. I'll drop a series unless it can sufficiently pique my interest in seeing the conclusion. No arcs or filler until I'm sufficiently invested in a character or three.
Mitsuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 11:56   Link #51
cyth
Banned

Spoiler for Clannad AS ending:

Anyway. Most anime don't have really good endings, at least the ones I decide to stick through. This is why Madoka was such a huge fucking success, because it's just simply rare for an anime to do it right and conform and exceed everyone's expectations. You could say some endings are well done, but this won't make me buy the show. For me, the show needs to be perfect from beginning to end.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 07:11   Link #52
TheBear9696
GarytheOtaku

I would say that i have to also go for type A
Old 2013-07-29, 12:33   Link #53
SaturnShizue
Space Mugi

I'd go with A if the ending sucks I'd be more than disappointed since it showed promised in the middle of it.
SaturnShizue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 16:45   Link #54
Dr. Casey

Quote:
I would disagree with Cross Game. Cross game was never bombastically strong all throughout, it was a type C - consistently good from start to finish. Seriously, I don't think it's even possible to have something that's mind-blowing all the way from start to finish in any entertainment medium, let alone anime which isn't exactly a medium known for good plots.
An understandable misconception, but there actually was a magical little series that aired six years ago that was nothing short of perfect, a story so sublime that some scholars theorize it might have been created in Heaven itself. This miraculous creation, whose existence automatically raised quality of life standards all across the world, was a simple story of love and hate known as 'School Days.'