AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-28, 02:52   Link #861
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

So she's good at everything, knows everything. That's two steps closer to God. (omnipotent, omniscient)
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 08:15   Link #862
mp3chan
Junior, I guess

Why most of the time I couldn't find Suzumiya Haruhi in ANN. I tried in 'S', 'T' and 'H' section but it's not listed there. But sometimes it's under 'S' category listed as "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu".

If I used search I can always find it.
mp3chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 08:23   Link #863
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3chan
Why most of the time I couldn't find Suzumiya Haruhi in ANN. I tried in 'S', 'T' and 'H' section but it's not listed there. But sometimes it's under 'S' category listed as "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu".

have you tried M? for "melancholy"?

Could be there....oh look. caught ya.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6430

M's the word you want. Same in the Wiki too.

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2006-04-28 at 13:23.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 11:58   Link #864
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3chan

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu just happens to be the title of the anime, so that'd be what you're looking for when searching ^^

In english it'd be "The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi"... It's just the fansubber's are taking a slightly different stance in completely translating all Japanese concepts into english, and are using an American naming convention for the title. So they're calling it "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya"

As for finding it on the big Anime database sites? Well, the show is about 34 days old, so there might not be a ton of details yet ^^

//EDIT: Then according to those two posts (Onizuka-GTO and mp3chan) it'll be listed like this >> Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi

Last edited by Adigard; 2006-04-28 at 15:13.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 15:04   Link #865
mp3chan
Junior, I guess

You are right, it's in 'M'. Thank you ^^

lol, the word 'The' is in the bracket.
mp3chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 20:39   Link #866
ando

I have finished reading 7 volumes of Suzumiya Haruhi novels. I knew I have an attribute of Nagato moe~.
Spoiler:

And I bought Suzumiya Haruhi no Fungai at the nearby bookstore yesterday. I read it from now.
ando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 20:56   Link #867
danholo

Just watched the first fansubs of this series. Really funny stuff. I'll be waiting for more. Thanks to a.f.k.
danholo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 21:01   Link #868
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando
I have finished reading 7 volumes of Suzumiya Haruhi novels. I knew I have an attribute of Nagato moe~.
Spoiler:

And I bought Suzumiya Haruhi no Fungai at the nearby bookstore yesterday. I read it from now.
* "voluntary arrest" ando with some compromising pictures with him "r****g" Mikuru to join the novel translation project*

Old 2006-04-29, 00:31   Link #869
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Hey people!

29th April 5:30am GMT! woohoo!!

Countdown baby!

http://haruhicountdown.blogspot.com/

Episode 05! Episode 05!

Thats all i want to say. club dismissed!

*slumps to the floor asleep*
Old 2006-04-29, 02:51   Link #870
mr.muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
* "voluntary arrest" ando with some compromising pictures with him "r****g" Mikuru to join the novel translation project*

Haruhi's having a bad, bad influence on you.
mr.muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 04:22   Link #871
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius
So she's good at everything, knows everything. That's two steps closer to God. (omnipotent, omniscient)
But is she omnibenevolent?

(Before you answer that, take a moment to think of poor Mikuru-chan.)
Old 2006-04-29, 09:19   Link #872
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
But is she omnibenevolent?

(Before you answer that, take a moment to think of poor Mikuru-chan.)
Actually the 3rd phrase (after omnipotent and omniscient) should be omnipresent... which Haruhi is definitely not. In fact 'omniscient' itself is fairly debatable: she isn't aware her SOS-dan mates are aliens, time travelers and espers. I guess you could say she's 'unconsciously' omniscient?

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 09:24   Link #873
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

In that case, she's also 'unconsciously' omnipotent, seeing as she can destroy the world without knowing about it.

However, she does seem to go good in just about anything she does. Under what category does this fall into? Also, as was shown in the baseball pitching, she does do a good job of pitching, but she can't do anything but toss straight. Maybe that says she isn't really good in all fields?
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 10:06   Link #874
Adigard

Quote:
...as was shown in the baseball pitching, she does do a good job of pitching, but she can't do anything but toss straight. Maybe that says she isn't really good in all fields?
Well, the anime suggests she only spent a day at Baseball... and I don't think Kyon bothered to tell her what she was doing wrong. I'm assuming she's throwing the ball as fast as she can (she is still a high school girl after all... there are limits). It's just that college level baseball players probably know exactly what to do with a high speed ball that's thrown straight into the strike zone.
Old 2006-04-29, 16:15   Link #875
Calca
Expressionless

Oh good, they're showing an episode this week? I know Golden Week kind of throws things off sometimes so I was worried.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 19:17   Link #876
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard
*ahem*

It happens in the US as well... I can think of at least a few movie adaptations of novels that were so horrible the author of the original book refused to have their name associated with the project. In much the same way, if the original writer of the book hated the end version so much he wanted nothing to do with it, you'd expect the same result. Be it a US author, or a Japanese one.
i was referring to history...but it seems you didn't catch what i implied...regardless...this series rules...i'd love to give the novels or mangas(the new ones) a shot if they ever get translated officially or scanlated or whatever
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 19:49   Link #877
Adigard

I caught the implication, but didn't want to wander off with some weird tangent ^^
Old 2006-04-30, 04:30   Link #878
Ardee

Quote:
Great work Ardee~!

If you can make a Bouken Desho Desho? and / or Hare Hare Yukai, I'm going to worship you.
Thanks for the kind words everyone :-)

I've been looking at Hare Hare Kukai and wow is this one more complicated! After a few hours, I'm halfway through the first three measures
You can barely tell the drum rhythm in the first measure until you slow it down:
-..--..---..--..-

This one might be more than I have time for at the moment. (Why did Haruhi have to get a real songwriter to do the real OP/ED rather than doing it herself?)
Ardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 05:01   Link #879
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

That midi remix is awsome. Can't wait to hear back on the ones you're now working on. I wonder if orchestral version of OP/ED will come out eventually... (I love the orchestral OST versions generally)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 09:41   Link #880
Julius Firefocht

I heard that Haruhiists were actually in Akihabara yesterday, distributing fliers for the promotion of the Hare Hare Kukai ED single. Now, you would think that these are regular promotional efforts, right? Here's the kicker:

All of them were working unpaid, and volunteered out of their own free will. The fliers were self-made and printed too. All in an effort to make Hare Hare Kukai top the Oricon charts!

The efforts of our brothers in Haruhiism deserve praise indeed!
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen