Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-09, 00:32   Link #221
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
^yeah while the + opposite power for the Whitebeard(silvermedalist,blackberd), I am seeing the possibility the comeback of the Roger's pirate...still wondering what Kuma whispering about to Rayleigh san back in the SA....if it's about that ACE is The Pirate King son and about to be executed soon..then nothing else the dark king would do except saving his captain son...well just my speculation..
It would make sense if that were the case. If you recall, Kuma knew that Luffy was Dragon's son, which nobody was supposed to know but Garp, Sengoku, and whomever Garp told when he told Luffy.. so it's entirely possible that he knows of Ace's lineage as well.
Old 2009-08-09, 00:54   Link #222
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I won't drop this manga.
Wish you would, so we don't have to read your pretentious posts that do nothing more then to flame other posters.

Is there actually a reason why you can't post your criticism of the series or opinion without peppering it with sarcasm and mocking comments?

Jesus.
Old 2009-08-09, 01:17   Link #223
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Wish you would, so we don't have to read your pretentious posts that do nothing more then to flame other posters.
You like reading them. Anyone with sense will tell you, "you like reading them," for no one is forcing you to read them. Its not my fault you write a post with out using your head, nor think to your self that, "I don't have to read Master Mold posts or respond to them."

Its not my fault, that I point out the obvious for you and it makes you think to yourself....."boy he's right, and he made me look like a moron, maybe I should have stopped and thought to myself, I'm not being forced to read anything on here, I could just simple ignore Master mold posts, or use the ignore mechanism, that is located right under Settings & Options."

Uh-Ho I did it again huh?

Quote:
Is there actually a reason why you can't post your criticism of the series or opinion without peppering it with sarcasm and mocking comments?
You or Prestige wouldn't say anything if I had kishi/Kubo and Naruto's/Bleachs name in my post instead of Oda and One Piece.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-08-09 at 01:58. Reason: Do not bark up this tree this tree will fall on you.
Old 2009-08-09, 01:57   Link #224
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Yeah, but Mr Prince > all other aliases, its kinda funny, for Sanji's epic moments are in competition with himself. I mean Zoro and Luffy's epic moments get bigger and better as the story goes along but IMO Sanji hasn't top what he done in Alabasta, and that what kinda sets him back from Zoro and Luffy in my book. Its like Oda stays consistent when it comes to Zoro and Luffy's moments but starts lacking when it comes to Sanji, but then again its hard to top Mr Prince and the infamous Ryuuma kick.
True, that was a pretty hard one to top. One I didn't mention that I thought was pretty wicked was when Robin tried to get him and Chopper to think she was gone and he says 'Chopper, remember this - a man always forgives a woman's lies.' Though I guess that would be part of the whole being the only one to realize what was happening and tailing her onto the train to Enies Lobby.
Old 2009-08-09, 02:10   Link #225
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
You or Prestige wouldn't say anything if I had kishi/Kubo and Naruto's/Bleachs name in my post instead of Oda and One Piece.
No; Naruto is not my favourite manga but I don't think its crap. There are reasons why I dislike it that I don't have to specify to you, but there is a story in Naruto; any idiot can see that.

Bleach is just pure shit, written by a guy who does not even try to tell a story. It is clear he hasn't thought his story through, and that he is dragging it out for as long as he can, in order to milk it for cash. I find that rather despicable. Each Bleach chapter can be summed up in no more then one sentence. There are no plot twists or surprises; no chemistry between the characters; no depth in the world, no excitement either. Its just 'fight fight fight'. This isn't good story telling. In fact, I'm not sure if I'd go as far as to call it story telling. His story telling stopped after the Soul Society arc ended; the subsequent arcs were just repeats of the SS arc.

The problem I have with you is not that you dislike One Piece. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, its a free country. You are also free to voice your opinion out.

However, is there really a need to insult others whilst voicing it? All of your posts are offensive to one user or another. Don't flatter yourself by saying that 'you point out the obvious'. People who actually do that are geniuses like Richard Dawkins, and to a lesser extent George Carlin. Not you.
Old 2009-08-09, 02:36   Link #226
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
No I hate Naruto but I don't think its crap. There are reasons why I dislike it that I don't have to specify to you, but there is a story in Naruto; any idiot can see that.
Never said there was no story in Naruto.

Quote:
Bleach is just pure crap, written by a guy who has no talent in story telling at all, out to make big bucks because people like you fall for it.
Naw more like guys like you can't understand something so simple.

Quote:
The problem I have with you is not that you dislike One Piece. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, its a free country. You are also free to voice your opinion out.
This is where the train stops, when did I ever say I dislike One Piece? I post a negative about One Piece you cats run with it and say, "Yeah yeah, he keeps saying he hates One Piece." That's getting really tiresome.

Quote:
However, is there really a need to insult others whilst voicing it? All of your posts are offensive to one user or another.
I don't out right insult anyone, next time instead of just reading my lines, read both posts and see who fires 1st, until then no offenses but your speaking out the side of your head, and assuming X and posting as if its real, and that's insulting.

Quote:
Don't flatter yourself by saying that 'you point out the obvious'.
What am I doing then?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=223
Old 2009-08-09, 02:55   Link #227
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
This is where the train stops, when did I ever say I dislike One Piece? I post a negative about One Piece you cats run with it and say, "Yeah yeah, he keeps saying he hates One Piece." That's getting really tiresome.
My point is that you are free to post your own opinion. I don't mind you criticising OP. I'm not a mindless OP fanboy who lambastes anyone that criticizes OP. I enjoy arguing with people. Whether you like OP or not is not an issue for me; as long as your posts have merit, then that is fine by me. I just do not like arguments to degenerate into mud slinging contests, which seems to be the case every time a poster (whether that be me, Prestige, James) disagrees with you.

Quote:
I don't out right insult anyone, next time instead of just reading my lines
'You cats' isn't an insult?

Calling me simple isn't an insult?

Fucking hypocrite.
Old 2009-08-09, 03:02   Link #228
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
My point is that you are free to post your own opinion. I don't mind you criticising OP. I'm not a mindless OP fanboy who lambastes anyone that criticizes OP. I enjoy arguing with people. Whether you like OP or not is not an issue for me; as long as your posts have merit, then that is fine by me. I just do not like arguments to degenerate into mud slinging contests, which seems to be the case every time a poster (whether that be me, Prestige, James) disagrees with you.
Please stop, your doing it again.

Quote:
'You cats' isn't an insult?
Its not......

Quote:
Calling me simple isn't an insult?
I didn't call you simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Like I said right above your last post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
I don't out right insult anyone, next time instead of just reading my lines, read both posts and see who fires 1st, until then no offenses but your speaking out the side of your head, and assuming X and posting as if its real, and that's insulting.
Quote:
Fucking hypocrite.
You just insulted me. But I got good advice for you, grow thick skin.
Old 2009-08-09, 03:08   Link #229
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
I didn't call you simple.
What is this then:

Quote:
Guys like us, indeed.

Quote:
Its not......
Last time I checked, likening a human to an animal is one of the worst possible insults you can get. Many of our modern day swear words are derived from such insults, most notably 'bitch'. In Cantonese, calling someone a 'dog' or a 'rat' on the street almost always ensures a beating. I'm sure its not just these 2 languages, but I really can't be arsed to find anymore for you.

Quote:
until then no offenses but your speaking out the side of your head, and assuming X and posting as if its real, and that's insulting.
Lol.
Old 2009-08-09, 03:12   Link #230
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
What is this then:

Guys like us, indeed.
That's me saying you can't understand something so simple =/= you are simple.

Quote:

Last time I checked, likening a human to an animal is one of the worst possible insults you can get.
Many of our modern day swear words are derived from such insults, most notably 'bitch'. In Cantonese, calling someone a 'dog' or a 'rat' on the street almost always ensures a beating. I'm sure its not just these 2 languages, but I really can't be arsed to find anymore for you.
Your trying to hard, here in L.A. there something called slang and calling someone a Dog or Cat does not ensures a beating.

Quote:
Lol.
Your welcome.
Old 2009-08-09, 03:14   Link #231
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Yeesh, calm down fellas. I think this is just a huge misunderstanding blown out of proportion. I don't think anyone's outstandingly more wrong than anyone else. I read over the past few pages and saw this developing..... it seems like Master Mold's been taken to mean something he didn't more than once, which prompted heated responses. And Master Mold, if you used less editorializing language, I think these other gentlemen wouldn't take what you meant the wrong way.

Sheesh, no need to fight over anime differences and misunderstandings. If we all just don't start insults, there'll be no need for anyone else to throw an insult. Let's not be so sensitive over minor things. And try to be a little more civil in our disagreements; it's not that big a deal if someone likes an anime more or less than we do....

For example, @ paradox13, I believe you're from England, as I used to live there, and you seem to use some of the terminology I was familiar with during my time there. When he said 'cats', he meant it as people, not as an insult. It's a slang term used in America similar to the way 'geezers' is used there. Haha.
Old 2009-08-09, 11:28   Link #232
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Best colour page ever? Quite possibly.

Would be funny to see the diamond guy go up against the light admiral. He could just refract him :P

While the war is certainly a huge event, I'm a little worried the individual crew members stories are going to get skimmed over quite a bit. Seeing the one frame "what happened" pics at the start of the chapter doesn't do them justice! I hope that, at the very least, each crew member gets a few chapters to tell their story.

Anyone think the crew might wind up +1 after this?
Old 2009-08-09, 12:26   Link #233
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnightWhoSaysNi! View Post
What do you mean by this? Do you mean to ask if we think the strawhats will be stronger by the time they regroup? If I'm interpreting your question correctly, then without a doubt I believe that they're going to be significantly stronger when they return to the main story. They have to step up their game before they face the challenges that await them in the New World, so a "level up" is essential.
Old 2009-08-09, 12:29   Link #234
andy

Quote:
Best colour page ever? Quite possibly.

Would be funny to see the diamond guy go up against the light admiral. He could just refract him :P

While the war is certainly a huge event, I'm a little worried the individual crew members stories are going to get skimmed over quite a bit. Seeing the one frame "what happened" pics at the start of the chapter doesn't do them justice! I hope that, at the very least, each crew member gets a few chapters to tell their story.

Oda could always do a few flash backs when they meet up again. I won't mind when the war done and the SH meet up again .That eveyone get a chapter saying what happen to them .
Old 2009-08-09, 12:29   Link #235
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
What do you mean by this? Do you mean to ask if we think the strawhats will be stronger by the time they regroup? If I'm interpreting your question correctly, then without a doubt I believe that they're going to be significantly stronger when they return to the main story. They have to step up their game before they face the challenges that await them in the New World, so a "level up" is essential.
I think he means does anybody think they'll end up with a new crew member afterwards. I'd say it's possible, though I don't know who it is. Also, the general pattern for finding new nakama is missing in this arc, as a need for a new crew member hasn't arisen, so maybe not.
Old 2009-08-09, 12:36   Link #236
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Y'know, considering that we're seeing all of these high-profile pirates and marines duking it out at Marineford, I'm actually starting to think that there won't be any clear "winner" in this war. The narration from the end of the previous chapter further supports my thoughts, since it said that the current age will come to an end, regardless of who wins or loses this war. After all, there's still other factors to consider, like the possibility of Dragon, Blackbeard, and those silver medalist pirates who want Whitebeard dead getting involved at a later point. Any of those guys might end up being the ones to kick-start the gears of the "new age" into motion......
Blackbeard is one of the people (he's the main one that comes to mind for me) that will come out on top, no matter the outcome of the war. And he achieves this simply by not getting involved and letting the two opposing factions weaken eachother while his crew gets stronger.
Old 2009-08-09, 12:38   Link #237
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!

I thought that perhaps after the battle Luffy would be seeking the others again, and might end up heading out with Boa Hancock. Especially if the government pirates wind up on the losing side of things.
Old 2009-08-09, 12:38   Link #238
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
I think he means does anybody think they'll end up with a new crew member afterwards. I'd say it's possible, though I don't know who it is. Also, the general pattern for finding new nakama is missing in this arc, as a need for a new crew member hasn't arisen, so maybe not.
I don't see the strawhats getting a new recruit until they reach the New World. They still have that vast ocean to explore and that leaves plenty of room and time to acquire a new member. The most important thing right now is reaching the level where they will be able to defend themselves in the face of strong adversity.
Old 2009-08-09, 12:43   Link #239
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I thought that perhaps after the battle Luffy would be seeking the others again, and might end up heading out with Boa Hancock. Especially if the government pirates wind up on the losing side of things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I don't see the strawhats getting a new recruit until they reach the New World. They still have that vast ocean to explore and that leaves plenty of room and time to acquire a new member. The most important thing right now is reaching the level where they will be able to defend themselves in the face of strong adversity.

Agreed. Though there has been theories of Mr. 2 and Hancock joining the Straw Hats; Hancock would be a nice touch, with her thing for Luffy, as well as balancing out the gender disparity, but I just don't see it. She still has her country to take care of and her crew and people, etc., not to mention until further notice she's still a Shichibukai. Also, the trend seems that the people who join Luffy are not established former pirates/characters. It's always the first time he'll meet the person, and (s)he'll be a relatively unknown entity before he meets them, then he solves their problem, and forcibly convinces them to join his crew (with the exceptions of Brook, Usopp and Robin, who joined without hesitation). So I agree, I don't think it'll happen, but it'd be nice
Old 2009-08-09, 12:51   Link #240
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Hancock would be a nice touch, with her thing for Luffy, as well as balancing out the gender disparity, but I just don't see it. She still has her country to take care of and her crew and people, etc., not to mention until further notice she's still a Shichibukai. Also, the trend seems that the people who join Luffy are not established former pirates/characters. It's always the first time he'll meet the person, and (s)he'll be a relatively unknown entity before he meets them, then he solves their problem, and forcibly convinces them to join his crew (with the exceptions of Brook, Usopp and Robin, who joined without hesitation). So I agree, I don't think it'll happen, but it'd be nice
In addition to this, there's also the possibility that Hancock is stronger than Luffy. It's pretty much a rule/law that the captain is supposed to be the most powerful person in their pirate crew.