AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-06-20, 09:39   Link #541
Xiyon

I really like the opening song for some reason, and hearing it play during the final fight got me all sorts of hyped, 90s anime-style.

Overall, it wasn't a bad adaptation. Animation definitely became janky down the stretch, but not distractingly-so. Final episode needed more Angie though.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-20, 13:00   Link #542
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The biggest gap between brother and sister in this case is Leon having access to OP items (though he did buy them while playing) and being slightly hesitant to flex his advantage compared to Marie. They both have knowledge, but he's got actual power. Maybe getting some of those saint items will give Marie a bit of a boost. But fair enough that she's basically the underdog at this point. Her love interests are far less useful than Leon's love interests too.

It might be nice to see Leon have to deal with a situation that he can't brute force himself out of. But I doubt that'll be much of a thing even in the source material. Even against the Black Knight the issue was that he didn't want to kill him. Of course in that sense he's good at making more enemies. So could easily see a lot of people with a grudge against him banding together with his rude mercy being a catalyst. But again, I kind of doubt it.

Again, not a bad show. It never really reached the level of being great and kind of fluctuated at times between good and mediocre. It wasn't all that bad though.
Old 2022-06-20, 13:34   Link #543
mickbis

Regards Luxion topic, Leon buying him didn't relate to how he obtained Luxion in this life. It just earns him enough knowledge to know where he should go to look for Luxion and how to conquer the facilities full of robot.
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-20, 14:50   Link #544
AndrewR5D4

With this pacing, it only covered two volumes. The first story arc consists of three light novels, so what we have is building action without a climax or conclusion. A pretty terrible way to handle an adaptation if you ask me.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-20, 16:40   Link #545
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The biggest gap between brother and sister in this case is Leon having access to OP items (though he did buy them while playing) and being slightly hesitant to flex his advantage compared to Marie. They both have knowledge, but he's got actual power. Maybe getting some of those saint items will give Marie a bit of a boost. But fair enough that she's basically the underdog at this point. Her love interests are far less useful than Leon's love interests too.

It might be nice to see Leon have to deal with a situation that he can't brute force himself out of. But I doubt that'll be much of a thing even in the source material. Even against the Black Knight the issue was that he didn't want to kill him. Of course in that sense he's good at making more enemies. So could easily see a lot of people with a grudge against him banding together with his rude mercy being a catalyst. But again, I kind of doubt it.

Again, not a bad show. It never really reached the level of being great and kind of fluctuated at times between good and mediocre. It wasn't all that bad though.
It's not like they are competing though. There may be some conflict due circumstances, but neither really give a damn about other as long as they aren't in each other way and with noble positions of sentai squad being regained thanks to Leon (except prince, I think) she's exactly where she always wanted to be. She's winner, not underdog.
Old 2022-06-20, 17:32   Link #546
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It's not like they are competing though. There may be some conflict due circumstances, but neither really give a damn about other as long as they aren't in each other way and with noble positions of sentai squad being regained thanks to Leon (except prince, I think) she's exactly where she always wanted to be. She's winner, not underdog.
Hoo boy, you really think so? My advice is to read Volume 3.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-21, 09:27   Link #547
maximilianjenus
[E]

its the same thing that is happening to Leon, they win the battles but lose the war because he consequences of their winning are not what they want.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-22, 05:01   Link #548
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Nah Marie does not have that much in depth knowledge of the game. She didn't know all the OP stuff existed because she never bothered to play it seriously. Leon on the other hand got annoyed of how difficult the game was and just went P2W to finish it quickly.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-23, 21:19   Link #549
Strahan

Yea, people like to give me grief for doing P2W in games... I'll have to mention next time hey, never know, I may get isekai'd to this world then it will turn out to be a boon lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem