AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-08-16, 04:09   Link #1
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Ultraman General Discussion

We have Kamen Rider general discussion but nobody ever started Ultraman general discussion thread
I mean seriously

So who else watching Ultraman Geed beside me here?
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-16, 09:22   Link #2
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Ultraman Geed is disappointing...
Old 2017-08-16, 10:21   Link #3
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Ultraman Geed is disappointing...
I think Geed was good, the mc and casts also likable so far compared to Ultraman Ginga (not counting S and victory) which are horrible stupid.
If there are something i dislike in Geed is that ultra-henshin orb fusion style.
Old 2017-08-16, 12:04   Link #4
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
I think Geed was good, the mc and casts also likable so far compared to Ultraman Ginga (not counting S and victory) which are horrible stupid.
If there are something i dislike in Geed is that ultra-henshin orb fusion style.
That's disappointing part that I'm talking about...
Old 2017-08-16, 15:47   Link #5
justavisitor

watching geed here, and so far the story is pretty good....I start watching ultra again since x, and I am happy to find out that the story seems to get better as each series goes.

the fighting scene in geed is great, and yes I know fusion is getting tiresome, plus the toy selling scene is getting longer and longer but I still enjoy it
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-16, 22:54   Link #6
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
That's disappointing part that I'm talking about...
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
watching geed here, and so far the story is pretty good....I start watching ultra again since x, and I am happy to find out that the story seems to get better as each series goes.

the fighting scene in geed is great, and yes I know fusion is getting tiresome, plus the toy selling scene is getting longer and longer but I still enjoy it
Not only dissapointing and tiresome fusion just not original at all and dragged too much.
Sure normal henshin is not original either but there are authentic value within which has been traditional trend for Ultraman henshin for ages.
If Tsuburaya wanted different they could do something like Geed power up from obtaining ultra time capsule rather do fusion again.
Old 2017-08-18, 07:00   Link #7
charles883

I love Geed as it break a lot of traditional story and main villain is Belial
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 11:52   Link #8
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so anyone around here have watched Nexus? which is dark & depressing as heck, also ironic it replaced Cosmos which is like the most cheery & up beat installment during that time.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 15:42   Link #9
justavisitor

@Roxis
To me, fusion is just a gimmick, the most important thing is the story itself. As long as the story is good, I don't really care about the fusion part. Besides, ultraman fans seem to remember the past heroes quite well. I can't imagine a kamen rider brings out a skyrider capsule lol but it works on ultraman

@Global Sword 2
Too bad Nexus got cut due to low rating. I like Nexus and I would recommend Gaia, a full 50 episodes series, to you if you haven't watched it before. It's not as dark, but it is so mature and realistic. The ending struggle is so inspiring as well
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2017-08-20, 04:24   Link #10
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Geed episode 7 has out
Spoiler for comment:

Speaking Nexus, i was watching Nexus yesterday. Now i understand why this series acknowledged as very dark Ultraman series too bad it got cancelled, it really has good premise and final battle after Dark Zagi kinda not an epilgoue as the ending left audience at open ending.
I doubt they will continue this since it has been over 10 year after series broadcasted and lot actors has aged.
Old 2017-08-20, 11:54   Link #11
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

there's a thread for it in the manga section, so who's here got a bit weird-ed out by the 2011 Ultraman manga? as in the Ultramen are just a bunch of dudes wearing Ironman style body suits who like said Ironman just suit up instead of transforming with a device, in this case they are still human-sized & never grew into a giant of light, well because the kaiju they are facing are doing the same thing, they are stuck in human-size.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 09:46   Link #12
charles883

Man Geed getting more awesome especially ep 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nk2PaZgPN8&t=331s
Old 2017-08-27, 16:35   Link #13
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
Man Geed getting more awesome especially ep 8.
Agree.The tension and drama between the main cast is growing. Hopefully they can keep up!
Old 2017-09-05, 21:22   Link #14
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Can't wait for ep 11 "Identity of Geed".
I think Geed is Belial soon from his off spring with earth woman, making Geed as second Ultra hybrid after Tiga.
Also speaking name Ultraman Geed technically should be named Ultraman Riku since that is his born name, Ultraman Riku name isn't bad name either.
Old 2017-10-07, 03:17   Link #15
AnimeFan188

Ultraman Film Opens in China Without
Japanese Rights Holder's Approval:

"A Chinese production company based in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province produced a
movie featuring the Japanese character Ultraman. Ultraman production company
Tsuburaya Productions has claimed the film is a violation of copyright, but it opened in
China on October 1. The film is titled Dragon Force: So Long, Ultraman, and it casts
Ultraman as a enemy that fights against a Chinese robot hero."

See:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...proval/.122298
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-07, 23:55   Link #16
charles883

Is it just me or now many of Kamen Rider fan start to jumping ship to Ultraman series, due to how average Kamen rider Build and how awesome Ultraman Geed?
Old 2017-10-09, 01:15   Link #17
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
Is it just me or now many of Kamen Rider fan start to jumping ship to Ultraman series, due to how average Kamen rider Build and how awesome Ultraman Geed?
I am not really follow Kamen rider nowaday so i don't know but compared to Ultraman series Kamen Rider has spawned many franchise especially in this post heisei era.
Some fans probably tired off with Kamen Rider franchise so them jump off to Ultraman, imo kamen Rider franchise should take a hiatus for a while to allow the fans to enjoy the current kamen rider.
Old 2017-10-09, 09:44   Link #18
justavisitor

build is too early to say it's average. It's just so different from w onward. Actually I feel build is bit similar to faiz and blade. I don't like the intro dialogue from the 2 main male leads tho, too noisy imo

That being said, I think Geed is a much more typical series we can expect. At the same time it's also doing a great job in developing the story and characters.

I have a question on the story on geed tho. Exactly how many years ago did the incident happen that almost destroyed Earth?

1)At the beginning no average citizen encountered those monster before, suggest that there were huge memory wipe sometime before the episode 1

2)female lead's family got killed six year ago. At that point I thought that was the time when belial almost prepared to strike and hence the incident.

3)Then we know the main male lead was already a testing project from belial 19 years ago

So, did the incident happen 6 years ago or 19 years ago?
Old 2017-10-09, 10:25   Link #19
charles883

Happen 19 years ago.
Old 2017-10-12, 00:27   Link #20
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
build is too early to say it's average. It's just so different from w onward. Actually I feel build is bit similar to faiz and blade. I don't like the intro dialogue from the 2 main male leads tho, too noisy imo

That being said, I think Geed is a much more typical series we can expect. At the same time it's also doing a great job in developing the story and characters.

I have a question on the story on geed tho. Exactly how many years ago did the incident happen that almost destroyed Earth?

1)At the beginning no average citizen encountered those monster before, suggest that there were huge memory wipe sometime before the episode 1

2)female lead's family got killed six year ago. At that point I thought that was the time when belial almost prepared to strike and hence the incident.

3)Then we know the main male lead was already a testing project from belial 19 years ago

So, did the incident happen 6 years ago or 19 years ago?
I believe it was 19 years age or more, my memory is vague but pretty much the story happened before Riku born.

Tags
tokusatsu, ultraman