AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-12-09, 19:48   Link #101
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
ルークです

I was almost expecting a hilarious scene at the end there with the girls running into the room and turning on the light to see Iska & Sisbell in that position.

Either way, Sisbell found Iska, and Alice is about to find out the reason she knows him.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 05:49   Link #102
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
they also seem to have somehow realized Alice has fallen in love with Iska.
Are you sure they are refering to Alice and not Sisbell.
Old 2020-12-10, 08:43   Link #103
stray
aniki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well at least Iska's punishment seems a bit more believable now. If he helped a Princess of the enemy Kingdom escape that'd be a pretty massive blow to the Empire. Although in that case did he seriously not know? Did he just see a cute girl being imprisoned and figured "hey why not"?
This whole series just sort of pushes your suspension of disbelief to the limit. I think I might actually like Sisbelle better than Alice at this point, though.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 11:10   Link #104
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
Are you sure they are refering to Alice and not Sisbell.
It depends if the emperor is assuming Sisbell fell in love with Iska when he rescued her, because he knew they had the princess in captivity, although I think right now Sisbell feels more admiration and respect for Iska than romantic love.
Old 2020-12-16, 10:32   Link #105
Frontier

A lot of mistrust brewing among the sisters and factions of the Sovereignty. Sisbell doesn't trust anyone because of what she knows about the plot within the capital, Alice thinks her sister suspects her of conspiring with the Empire with Iska (unaware that Sisbell is suspected of the same), and Elletear ends up declaring both of her sisters as traitors to the Zou who are happy to round up and eliminate a member of the Lou family .

On-top of all that, there is a genuine leak in the Sovereignty that leads the Empire to send a literal mecha attack dog to hunt down Sisbell. I shudder at the thought of the Empire being able to mass-produce that thing .

Why is the Empire so focused on Purebreds? I doubt it's for negotiations, but maybe they have some kind of experiment in mind that requires someone as powerful as a Purebred ?

What are the chances that Iska would earn the favor of two Sovereignty princesses, sisters no less, who want him on their side and to come back to the Sovereignty with them? I wonder if Sisbell will be more persistent about getting Iska to come with her than Alice was .

And, of course, Iska once again refuses the offer of helping the Sovereignty because doesn't feel like it will lead to his desired result of peace negotiations between the two sides. Not that he seems to have a clear idea of how he's going to achieve that either, although maybe having a Saint Disciple help the Sovereignty might engender some goodwill? Though Sisbell seems to think it's a fool's errand to try and get the Sovereignty to forget their hate for the Empire .

Well, Iska's without his swords again, facing down both Masked Lord and that Empire Mecha that came after Sisbell, though Alice is just around the corner and I suspect Jhin knows something's up .
Old 2020-12-16, 13:46   Link #106
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
All I wanted was for Iska's response to how he was going to draw this conflict to a close to be "I don't have a clue." Because he really doesn't . We established several episodes ago that he has no actual plan to get both sides into peace negotiations nor to deal with the deeply ingrained anger on both sides. Really is a shame that he consistently sticks to a plan that has no plan behind it.

At least this does seem to lock in the eldest sister being behind all this. A surprise in some ways since she seemed set to come out on top and shouldn't need to crush her sisters to secure anything. Though if she is the core player behind Sisbell's worries then I suppose she wants to eradicate her sisters anyways. Sooner than later is perfectly fine. All the more so when it comes to Alice who is rather powerful.

With Iska unarmed the situation is rather dire. The main hope they have is that Alice will figure things out and get over there in time. Though who knows on that front. I suppose if Jhin can get Iska his swords then things could even out a little.

Honestly I'm not sure how this will play out. Sisbell is in a really bad spot with the Zoa having some kind of 'evidence' that they can use to go after her. Honestly a lot is going to depend on Alice here. If she's able to understand the situation and back her sister up then that should offer some protection. But need to avoid things like Alice misunderstanding the situation or getting too focused on her sister gunning for the same guy she is. But all of that comes after likely another Alice and Iska team-up to bring down that mech.
Old 2020-12-16, 19:53   Link #107
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
At least this does seem to lock in the eldest sister being behind all this. A surprise in some ways since she seemed set to come out on top and shouldn't need to crush her sisters to secure anything. Though if she is the core player behind Sisbell's worries then I suppose she wants to eradicate her sisters anyways. Sooner than later is perfectly fine. All the more so when it comes to Alice who is rather powerful.
IIRC, Alice is currently in the lead, so makes sense she'd want to get rid of her. Might as well get rid of all the competition while she's at it.
Old 2020-12-17, 00:26   Link #108
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
IIRC, Alice is currently in the lead, so makes sense she'd want to get rid of her. Might as well get rid of all the competition while she's at it.
Weirdly I thought the older sister was doing better. Guess I remembered the previous episode wrong. Suppose the "Ice Calamity Witch" is such a catchy name that she'd get more hype. Since it doesn't feel like Alice is actively campaigning for herself or anything .

Curious to see what her move against Alice is then. Since right now she only seems to have something on Sisbell.
Old 2020-12-17, 17:30   Link #109
Frontier

Quote:
Weirdly I thought the older sister was doing better. Guess I remembered the previous episode wrong. Suppose the "Ice Calamity Witch" is such a catchy name that she'd get more hype. Since it doesn't feel like Alice is actively campaigning for herself or anything .

Curious to see what her move against Alice is then. Since right now she only seems to have something on Sisbell.
My understanding is Alice is the favorite to win because she has the most power of the princesses, but Elletear has been doing more politicking to win favor.
Old 2020-12-23, 10:28   Link #110
Frontier

Iska's team coming in for the save! It's kind of funny that Masked Lord assumes they're there to help protect Sisbell, and Jhin ends up doing just that by taking the recording of Sisbell's "crime," but are really just there for payback for Mismis. They even assume Iska' fighting the Object is just for Mismis' sake after it discovers her Astral Spirit rather than to save Sisbell. His team really has no idea what's going on with Iska and those Sovereignty princesses .

Iska may not be willing to go to the Sovereignty with her, but he'll still protect Sisbell with all his strength. It's enough to make a girl fall for fall for him, as Sisbell seems to be .

So the Object is powered by Astral Spirits and can absorb Astral Mages? Is that why the Empire is so focused on capturing Purebreds, to power these machines? I guess I'm not surprised they plan to use the Sovereignty's own power against them .

Sisbell doesn't seem as combat-oriented as her older sister, but she can use her abilities to cause an effective distraction .

They couldn't end things without one last epic team-up between Iska and Alice as she arrives in time to save her sister. I love how they act like these team-ups are one time thing despite the fact that they happen practically every arc, but it did segue nicely into an awesome unison attack by the pair with the Opening playing alongside them .

Alice and Iska blatantly lie about their connection, but Sisbell uses it as an excuse to make her move on Iska, having not given up her dream of him as a knight or for the throne. I'm sure that won't cause more hijinks in the future .

We're left with a lot of cliffhangers...the Empire suspcious of Iska for destroying the Object, the Emperor meeting with Salinger who is now interested in Iska, Masked Lord getting his niece Kissing ready for the election, Elletear is apparently a traitor and maybe not even really Elletear (?), and last but not least...our two leads together on a bench again and slowly falling even more in love with each other, but separating once more until their next fateful meeting .
Old 2020-12-23, 15:53   Link #111
stray
aniki

The contrivances kept my interest somewhat but the entire series felt super generic and bland as a whole. Sisbell > Alice regardless.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-23, 19:52   Link #112
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a pretty bad show. The final episode had tons of sequel hooks, but I definitely won't watch a second season if they make one.
Old 2020-12-23, 20:05   Link #113
Magewolf

In it's way this show is amazing. There have been 12 episodes of it and we have no more info about what is going on than you would get from reading the preview material. What are the empire and witchland like? Why are they fighting?(And saying because the empire hunts witches is no answer since we still do not know why.)

The only thing the anime really has going for it is the female character designs. I wish they had been in a better show.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-23, 21:44   Link #114
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-24, 01:09   Link #115
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
In it's way this show is amazing. There have been 12 episodes of it and we have no more info about what is going on than you would get from reading the preview material. What are the empire and witchland like? Why are they fighting?(And saying because the empire hunts witches is no answer since we still do not know why.)
Pretty sure they actually did explain this part though...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-24, 02:19   Link #116
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

It basically ended like every other arc in this show. Iska and Alice team up, get some cool action, the day is saved, and we're nowhere close to either of them having a really good path forward to ending this conflict .

It wasn't terrible. Though the preview trailers definitely made it seem cooler than it ended up being. Mostly since I honestly thought from those trailers...that the characters had actual plans. But Iska especially just doesn't have a plan to get to where he wants to go and instead just keeps walking into situations that let him fight something. Somewhat expected them to really have to be careful or risk something terrible happening. But they aren't even really at a stage of acknowledging their own romantic interests.

In the end it was at least able to provide some nice action sequences. The two of them powerful in their own ways with their own means of fighting. Was kind of nice in general to have a lead pair that could hold their own against a common enemy and against each other.

Wasn't great, but had some good moments.
Old 2020-12-24, 12:03   Link #117
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Mostly since I honestly thought from those trailers...that the characters had actual plans. But Iska especially just doesn't have a plan to get to where he wants to go and instead just keeps walking into situations that let him fight something. Somewhat expected them to really have to be careful or risk something terrible happening. But they aren't even really at a stage of acknowledging their own romantic interests.
It's not surprising that Iska and Alice don't really have any concrete plans to achieve their goals.

They want to achieve things that can't happen solely with violence, but they were raised to fight as soldiers, so they're still stuck thinking that their solutions will start with violence.

This is still basically the beginning of the series after all, so they're still finding their way.

This adaptation could have been better, but it was enjoyable enough, though I might be biased, as a longtime fan of Sazane Kei.

7/10 for me.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-26, 11:53   Link #118
Lex79

In the end I liked it enough to want to watch/read more of the story, so I think I'll check on the novels since I don't think a secknd season will be made. The story is a bit different from what I thought, in particular I was expecting the protagonists to become immediately a couple but I guess it will happen near the end.
Iska's fight again the mecha was cool (though I feel its first two forms went down a bit too easily) and him and Alice make for a nice battle couple (though their double finisher was a bit too static).
Funny that while I was thinking that he wouldn't be able to get the third princess in his harem since she is the villain, it turned out she might be an impostor. Maybe he will have to save her too later.
Old 2020-12-26, 13:58   Link #119
magnuskn

Wait, what? The show is over? They left basically everything unresolved! This should be the midpoint of the series. You guys sure there won't be a second cour? Otherwise this really would have to fly under "pure light novel / manga promo material".

I'd rate it a 6.5 / 10 (with tendencies to have more potential) if there is a second cour, otherwise that would have to drop to a 4/10.

Tags
harem, military, romance