AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2006-03-05, 13:13   Link #721
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
lol, Doll loving freaks, incestual twins, talking amulets, loli-warriors. This show has it all...

Well at least I'm really starting to like the characters. Shana is very endearing(and so cuuuute), so I'm starting to enjoy the episodes a lot more, regardless of their rediculous content.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 13:15   Link #722
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Whoa...Never thought there would still be more people catching up on the series...I always thought the popularity didn't extend too much...

Regarding Hecate...It's more like Sydonay cares more for her instead. Kinda strange, to some people....
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 13:24   Link #723
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Hecate has attitude!

Hecate: I do not belong to you.

She can stand up for herself! Yipee!
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 15:56   Link #724
LytHka
Banned

Am I really one of the few who didn't find the incest twins disturbing? <.< I feel my pervert buddies have abandoned me. But yah, I hope Shana shows Yuuji the same kind of "support" just like the twins did to eachother.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 16:10   Link #725
Winter&Summer
Sugar has side effects

Send a message via MSN to Winter&Summer
Must say Ep.21 was really twisting but good! Also if anyone wants some avys i made some

Winter&Summer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 16:32   Link #726
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
Am I really one of the few who didn't find the incest twins disturbing? <.< I
I didn't find it disturbing; I find it HOT!!!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 17:41   Link #727
Aznhobo

I think they transfer souls or something in between or am I wrong and they do it for pleasure. lol probably pleasure...
Aznhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 17:50   Link #728
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Well the first time they kissed, a torch transferred from one to the other. However, every time after that the only thing that was exchanged was spit(they made a point of animating that in detail), and it was explained as something about love and pleasure. Bleh it turned me off.

And what's with Wilhemina's annoying speech? De arimasu is getting a little annoying.

Well I'm up to ep 18. I'm gonna take a break and play some 360 before watching the next 4 eps. Damn, why do I always go on these marathons, watching 20 episodes in a row. lol.
Old 2006-03-05, 20:02   Link #729
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

The show seems to get better and better.

I was expecting the expected to Shana, but I would say that the obvious is the obvious, too early for this to happen.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 20:32   Link #730
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
Well the first time they kissed, a torch transferred from one to the other. However, every time after that the only thing that was exchanged was spit(they made a point of animating that in detail), and it was explained as something about love and pleasure. Bleh it turned me off.
That's the nature of their existence, so you can't really blame them.

Besides, the portrayal was accurate to the novel (down to the saliva strands). I would actually commend the animation for staying true to the original rather than making do with some censored crap.

Quote:
And what's with Wilhemina's annoying speech? De arimasu is getting a little annoying.
Lol, that's her charm point. 特殊だから、魅力的だと思うわけであります。^^
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 20:47   Link #731
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
I didn't find it disturbing; I find it HOT!!!

You have got to be kidding me, not only do they kiss, the way they kiss is just not right, closing up on the tongue and everything. Also what is the age they appear to be?
Old 2006-03-05, 21:13   Link #732
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hawq
You have got to be kidding me, not only do they kiss, the way they kiss is just not right, closing up on the tongue and everything. Also what is the age they appear to be?
Anything taboo that involves good looking characters and doesn't involve yaoi is considered hot to me.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 21:32   Link #733
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
Anything taboo that involves good looking characters and doesn't involve yaoi is considered hot to me.

hahaha, now you saying these kids are good looking characters.
Old 2006-03-05, 21:36   Link #734
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hawq
Given by the size of the kid who was being bullied, I would say roughly 10?

Of course their probably alot older than that...by like a 1000x
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 21:43   Link #735
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Well, I'm caught up now. Last night I kept on watching just cause Shana was so cute, and 20 episodes later she's still adorable as ever.

imo, the series has steadily improved over the last few episodes. I'm kind of pissed at Wilhelmina cause I would have expected her to be a little more compasionate and understanding about Shana's feelings. Yoshida needs to experience a gruesome and timely death, because we all know Shana is the only one for Yuji!

I agree that the previews were a bit stupid. Obviously they couldn't kill Shana off with several episodes left to go, but the way the episode ended was perfect, and even if we thought she would survive, it wold have been nice to keep some suspense.
Old 2006-03-05, 21:52   Link #736
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Yoshida needs to experience a gruesome and timely death
She does not need that kind of death, but I just think that she should just kind of stay away from Yuji, and stop being a stalker. It's funny eh, cause in the episodes before the second opening theme, she was hardly nothing, but just a classmate of Yuji, but after the second opening, the "staff" get her so involved in the show. The main reason I believe they get her so involve, is just to piss some of the audience off that she and Yuji are getting closer and closer to eachother. They pretty much do that with many anime's. Not only that in most anime's it's always girl's who dig the guy, and why is that? It is mostly 2 girls who fight for one guy, but the guy ends up with the girl whom he met first. In Shoujo anime's it seems to be vise versa, but I'm not sure on that since the only Shoujou anime's I have seen is escaflowne, and X tv.

That is just my observation.
Old 2006-03-05, 21:59   Link #737
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
The rekindling of the Kazumi hate-flame.
Old 2006-03-05, 22:08   Link #738
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

It's not that I don't like her. She... just isn't Shana. Based on what we've seen so far, she isn't going to just stop stalking him. Hence, she must die. And if they are going to kill her off, they have to do it in a very horrific and detailed way so that it doesn't seem like a cop out.
Old 2006-03-05, 22:13   Link #739
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
It's not that I don't like her. She... just isn't Shana. Based on what we've seen so far, she isn't going to just stop stalking him. Hence, she must die. And if they are going to kill her off, they have to do it in a very horrific and detailed way so that it doesn't seem like a cop out.
True, I don't like her very much either for similar reasons. Though one thing to note is that Ike probably likes her too, you can so see it when he's trying to help her score with Yuji. He just doesn't realize it until Yuji asked him.

And besides, she's that wedge between Yuiji and Shana which will help them grow stronger, assuming Yuiji understands WHY Shana saved him and not that she treats him like crap.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 22:15   Link #740
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Well it doesn't matter anyway. We all know how this will turn out. The show is going to end with him being "undecided."

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere