AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 40 34.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 24.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 25.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 11.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-24, 06:36   Link #61
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Pheles looks so *cool*.

I don't know about novels or whatever, but the Shakugan no Shana anime series has always had this problem with funny villains. A doll pervert, a twincest pair, Klaus-san a chimera bodyguard, Ms. Evil Eye-Patch Mastermind... Pheles is the first one that actually looks cool. When she appears in the episode she doesn't seem evil or malicious or whatever, just plain simple "I'll tear you apart (and give me back my love's keepsake!)" cold eyes pointed right at poor Yuji. I wonder if the OP suggests a change in attitude later on or is she just gonna try and kill him anyway.

This episode is like the culmination of all the slice-of-life episodes prior to it, and the definite shift in the show's tone also begins here. Right on time, I say! Although I do find it rather amusing, if a bit sadistic of them producers, that Shana is going on a Christmas/New Year hiatus right on the biggest cliffhanger of the whole season. lulz

Loved the costumes by the way. Everybody looks good, especially Dorothy-Shana!

Certain...inconsistencies...in animation aside (Pheles/her magic moving through the river anyone? The trees are like, 6th grade-looking), this episode gains a 10 out of me.
Old 2007-12-24, 07:14   Link #62
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Storming entrance from Pheles and I loved her sound track too.

When will anime ppl learn that if you are going to confess, spit it out! Even if you pause for a microsecond you will get interrupted

Still trying to get used to this fluffy humanised Shana....
Old 2007-12-24, 07:15   Link #63
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
May I be the only one worried about the line "Tanaka sees Ogata disappearing within the flames"? They've spent half a season in a reasonably relaxed state and will start torching characters on us?
fuzetsu, they were in a fuzetsu so it could all be restored
Old 2007-12-24, 08:15   Link #64
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
If my memory serves me right, in the novel
Spoiler for although I will mention no detail, still possibly a novel spoiler, proceed with caution:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
After reading volume 10, the second prequel, I'm feeling very sorry for Wilhelmina's unrequited love not coming to fruition.
I feel more sorry that Wilhelmina decides to get rid of that dress she had one for Merihim, and instead opt for the ugly maid getup the rest of the time.
Old 2007-12-24, 10:43   Link #65
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 12 was easily the best episode i've seen so far from the second season --- the pacing was probably the best part about it. You have the scenes showing Pheles' moving closer and Margery Daw now knowing that Wilhelmina knows something about Silver. I guess we have a lot of things to take in, like Konoe's reaction to the wind --- this probably could just be nothing, though considering that we still don't know about her, and that she could be Hecate, we could have our first clue right here. But wow Pheles' entrance --- the music was VERY Ko Otani, and i loved it.

Spoiler for Episode 13:
Old 2007-12-24, 12:37   Link #66
Kristen
*Author

So, the ending 10 seconds were awesome. The background music at that part was amazing, and if it were a track, would be 2nd only the the BGM in the climax of the movie. The preview was awesome. The series potential is great now.

So, it's more build up. However, 3 straight episodes of build up is too much. Build up for 1, and then get into the plot. The last 2 episodes could have easily been combined, and then there could be something good happening already.

So, I said that there were 10 seconds of awesomeness. Well, then we have 19:50 of boring. I took 3 breaks from it, because I can no longer watch this straight through.

I'm giving it a 5. 4 for being an aweful episode, add one for making me hope for something better in this series.
Old 2007-12-24, 13:18   Link #67
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
son of a every show puts on their biggest cliff hanger right now and we wont' see it for another 2 weeks and then some those little conniving @#$(%$#! although to be fair to them if the last episode they played was one of the episodes from 1-11 I probably wouldn't tune in after that long a break.

-1 for shana looking silly during the confession, +1 for kazumi getting moved out of the picture soon! woot!
Old 2007-12-24, 13:18   Link #68
Kiyoru

This is definitely one of my favourite episodes of the whole of season 2. Finally, some good fights should be coming up in the next episode. Not that I don't like all of the relationships, but I miss the fighting.
Old 2007-12-24, 13:44   Link #69
OverFunk
It will never be the year

A highly rated Shana episode? On Animesuki? I couldn't believe it... Now, I apologize for my lack of faith ;_;

I usually check the ratings the day after the airing to get an initial impression on what to expect.

I couldn't believe that it could be that good.

I enjoyed it thoroughly. The funny parts, the foreshadowing of some things, the ominous feeling it had without stopping of being a feel-good episode.

13 will be epic. Damn you Christmas-new year hiatus.

Dorothy-Shana reached maximum moe points in my meter. She deserved that award.

Never forget
Old 2007-12-24, 14:28   Link #70
changeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
May I be the only one worried about the line "Tanaka sees Ogata disappearing within the flames"? They've spent half a season in a reasonably relaxed state and will start torching characters on us?
Well, in the first season, we have seen Yoshida's heart PIERCED, and Ike in a bloody gore ...... but do not worry, Yuuji is an almost-inexhaustible supply of "sonzai no chikara" ......
Old 2007-12-24, 14:51   Link #71
zqube

It can only get better from here
Old 2007-12-24, 16:17   Link #72
Chau

Shana looked so cute in that costume =3
Old 2007-12-24, 16:39   Link #73
Aquifina

I haven't been as down on this season as some others, but, for me, this was definitely the best ep. so far. A few random thoughts:

1. Shana's near-confession was priceless, especially her literal interpretation of the girls' suggestion at the beginning to say whatever she wanted to Yuji. They probably meant it as a joke, but Shana took it seriously.

2. The near-confession was also wonderfully in character, and contrasted well with Yoshida's super sappy comments to Yuji about waiting. Grabbing the mike, yelling "Yuji!," and giving off a general air of intimidation and aggressiveness was *very* Shana. No waiting there!

3. Shana's outfit was preposterously cute.

4. What exactly is the significance of Yuji's hands seeming touch the hands of that other girl, then leading to the tornado? And what's the significance of Konoe noticing the wind?

5. Yoshida continues to have ZERO chance of beating out Shana.

6. As always, Yuji seemed to be taking the latest grim news on his fate reasonably well; hopefully we'll see him participating in a full-blown fight soon.
Old 2007-12-24, 18:30   Link #74
zqube

The hand thing I believe is Pheles traveling from person to person. In the scenes showing Pheles's coming, hands of different people are shown exchanging handshakes as if they were passing it on. I did not read that far into the novels so that is just my assumption.
Old 2007-12-24, 20:42   Link #75
Pinion

I think you are right, zgube. All the 'flash' hands were different each time.

And shana.. <3
Old 2007-12-24, 21:01   Link #76
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

This ep is awesome... right before the end lol For some reason, I can't even laugh at poor Ike cause the entire festival is just boring. An interesting part from the parade is the jealousy Satou felt for Yuuji. Too bad there is no sign that Satou possess any super powers otherwise they can become rivals and fight each other.

It's kinda expected that Shana won't be able to confess to Yuji because 'something' bad will happen and that something is Pheles' arrival. Her arrival is done really well with the hand touching thing. So that means all the hand touchings she was seeing on the way to Misaki city were all Yuji's? Lol How can she not feel them before now that it's already season 2?

Next ep is gonna be awesome with the battle against Pheles and Margerie going berserk. But it will be pretty stupid if Margerie thought Yuuji is the silver knight. I hope alcohol doesn't ruin her common sense.
Old 2007-12-24, 21:36   Link #77
zqube

I wonder if anyone else caught this.
Spoiler for anime ref:
Old 2007-12-24, 21:53   Link #78
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by zqube View Post
I wonder if anyone else caught this.
Spoiler for anime ref:
Don't forget the cat to the right could be a Louise cosplayer.
Old 2007-12-24, 22:42   Link #79
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zqube View Post
The hand thing I believe is Pheles traveling from person to person. In the scenes showing Pheles's coming, hands of different people are shown exchanging handshakes as if they were passing it on. I did not read that far into the novels so that is just my assumption.
Yes. That is correct. The unrestricted spell Pheles created basically move from person to person through touch, until the spell finds Reig Maigo.
Old 2007-12-24, 23:16   Link #80
Tormenk

Easily the best episode of II as many others have said. Great pacing and set up for the next episode. Would have put a 7 but Pheles' entrance alone kicks it up another notch.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Closed Thread