AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-18, 14:02   Link #701
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well ... crap. Balmung is closed for now.
Probably for the rest of P4 too.

I am playing my old character on Masamune. Let's cross our fingers and hope that they are able to institute transfers between data centers.

Note : The forums are under heavy load, and it is 3.30am here in the morning. Going to get some sleep.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-08-18 at 14:22.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 20:19   Link #702
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Looks like I have a test character on Sargatoros (NA legacy server) (not much choice) ... Probably will play some late tonight. Yeah, I'm going to be pretty unamused if Balmung is perma-locked.

Took a moment and popped another character onto the NA Legacy server as well, just wanted to see if there was a noticeable difference in chat temperament.

edit: created all my characters to the NA legacy server, Sagartosos, argh. just easier that way.

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-08-18 at 22:46.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 22:34   Link #703
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Don't think it's perma-locked. Character creation ban will probably be lifted once service begin where there will be less player log in.

I'm playing on Tonberry server yesterday, and frankly it doesn't feel like Jp server there because the English speaking player(ausie and south east asia) being more vocal than Japanese one lol.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 00:42   Link #704
Alchemist007
*Author

Almost 3 hrs before the beta ends, they take the servers down for maintenance. Great.
Old 2013-08-19, 01:02   Link #705
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

lmfao i just got my preorder code and this happens....oh well whats 5 more days....

Spoiler for sniff:
Old 2013-08-19, 02:02   Link #706
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Almost 3 hrs before the beta ends, they take the servers down for maintenance. Great.
They're extending it until 8AM PDT. Unfortunately for me I'll be sleeping by then because I have school tomorrow.

Eh. What are you going to do. I'm glad this lobby server insanity happened during beta and not at launch, when the game costs money to play.
Old 2013-08-19, 04:20   Link #707
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I took a couple of hours to try out the arcanist class ... I kind of like it, may send my mage that way instead of thaum when I roll something for real. Moar rezerch needed first.
Old 2013-08-19, 06:32   Link #708
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Why do you bloody Yankees get an extension and we don't.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 07:47   Link #709
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

-shrug-

Because it was us who had the most 3102? ..no idea sorry.
Old 2013-08-19, 08:30   Link #710
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Why do you bloody Yankees get an extension and we don't.
We were down for 3 hours because someone probably forgot a patch the asian servers got. So we got an extension in the middle of the freaking night on a Monday morning when most people work.
Old 2013-08-19, 13:53   Link #711
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
We were down for 3 hours because someone probably forgot a patch the asian servers got. So we got an extension in the middle of the freaking night on a Monday morning when most people work.
It was pretty silly, but Square wasn't thinking about the people who lost playtime; they were thinking about needing to test their fix for the lobby server bugs (the 3102 error and the 90000 error, both of which renders a chara unplayable until the lobby server is rebooted). I couldn't say whether or not it worked because after the servers came back up at 12:30 I did a Tam-Tara Deepcroft run, parked my chara in the Quicksand's inn and then went to bed.

I just hope that my levequest allotments stack up while the servers are down, same as they did in Phase 3. Also, rested XP.

I wasn't able to play at all Saturday until the evening, but in the two days of playtime I did manage to get some progress, with thaumaturge at 20, conjurer at 19 and arcanist at 17... and archer at 5, lol, because I wanted Raging Strikes.
Old 2013-08-19, 16:51   Link #712
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yea I could sign back in so it worked.
Old 2013-08-19, 17:39   Link #713
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It was pretty silly, but Square wasn't thinking about the people who lost playtime; they were thinking about needing to test their fix for the lobby server bugs (the 3102 error and the 90000 error, both of which renders a chara unplayable until the lobby server is rebooted). I couldn't say whether or not it worked because after the servers came back up at 12:30 I did a Tam-Tara Deepcroft run, parked my chara in the Quicksand's inn and then went to bed.

I just hope that my levequest allotments stack up while the servers are down, same as they did in Phase 3. Also, rested XP.

I wasn't able to play at all Saturday until the evening, but in the two days of playtime I did manage to get some progress, with thaumaturge at 20, conjurer at 19 and arcanist at 17... and archer at 5, lol, because I wanted Raging Strikes.
I was still hearing complaints about both errors in chat all the way up to 7:45 when I bagged it (messing with an Arcanist to see how it played).
Old 2013-08-22, 14:21   Link #714
Siegel Clyne

FFXIV:ARR - VAs Apparently Do More Than One PC Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
It has been widely reported in Japanese, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and other languages - I learned that from my searches on Google (such as this) that Tanaka Rie officially voices in Japanese two major characters in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, the Elder Seedseer Kan-E-Senna and the primal Garuda.

Less known is, as far as I know up to now, Tanaka Rie also unofficially provides at least one of the voices for the female Miqo'te playable character in this game.

Nearly three years ago on her blog, Tanaka Rie revealed that she did Voice 2 for the female Miqo'te in the original Final Fantasy XIV game. That was rather widely reported in English.

Having listened to all the voice type samples when creating female Miqo'te characters in the open beta of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, I am virtually 100 percent certain now that Tanaka Rie does Female Miqo'te Voice Type 1. It sounds identical to her Female Miqo'te Voice 2 in the original Final Fantasy XIV.

Square Enix apparently (and unsurprisingly) recycled voices from the original game and added new ones.

I am not as certain, but it sounds like Tanaka Rie may also do Female Miqo'te Voice Type 2 in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. It sounds more like her natural voice here.

See the following video at YouTube for links, in the Descrption section, to other YouTube videos with Tanaka Rie's voice as the female Miqo'te in the original Final Fantasy XIV:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN - Kan-E-Senna & Garuda Voice Samples by Rie Tanaka

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

She does cute, gentle, and monstrous voices in Final Fantasy XIV.

Regardless of what langauage(s) - Japanese, English, French, and German - you choose to play with in the game, given how popular and ubiquitous female Miqo'tes are, you probably hear Tanaka Rie's voice, one way or another, in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
The updated Description section in that YouTube video describes why I am virtually 100 percent now that Tanaka Rie provides at least three voices for non-playable characters in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Female Miqo'te Voice Type 1 and Voice Type 2, and Female Elezen Voice Type 3.

Tanaka Rie's laugh as Suigintou in Episode 6 of Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen sounds exactly like the laugh of Female Miqo'te Voice Type 2 and Female Elezen Voice Type 3.

The only thing left is an official acknowledgement by Tanaka Rie herself (which she did for the original). Who knows? It may never happen.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not recall other voice actors for playable characters in the original Final Fantasy XIV game having been disclosed (and not guessed at).

Why would it be any different for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn?

On the other hand, Capcom reveals many of the voice actors for the male and female Hunter playable characters in the Monster Hunter Frontier G MMORPG on its official website, including the first two who were revealed, Tanaka Rie and Miyano Mamoru, as well as Ishida Akira, Wakamoto Norio, Sawashiro Miyuki, Hanazawa Kana, Kugimiya Rie, Toyosaki Aki, Aoi Yuuki, Tamura Yukari, Takahashi Hiroki, Orikasa Fumiko, Ueda Kana, Hiyama Nobuyuki, Ootsuka Houchuu, Genda Tesshou (Arnold Schwarzenegger/Slyvester Stallone/Samuel L. Jackson/Steven Seagal/John Goodman/Gérard Depardieu/Laurence Fishburne/etc. Japanese dub voice actor; Optimus Prime in Japanese dubs of The Transformers animated series and movies), Kishi Yuuji (Super Sentai series actor and voice actor; Ken Masters voice actor in Street Fighter series), Hirakawa Daisuke (Orlando Bloom's Japanese dub voice actor)... a lot of big name seiyuu. (I think I listed all of them.)

A number of them have voiced more than one playable Hunter character in Monster Hunter Frontier G, such as Tanaka Rie (Types 17, 21, 25), Miyano Mamoru (Types 19, 23, 27), Kugimiya Rie (Types 32, 34), Hanazawa Kana (Types 35, 36), Tamura Yukari (Types 33, 34), Toyosaki Aki (Types 37, 38), Wakamoto Norio (Types 32, 33), and Ishida Akira (Types 37, 38).

So Tanaka Rie voicing more than one playable character in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn seems very likely.

An interesting tidbit regarding Monster Hunter Frontier G voice actors: Jinguuji Yayoi, who voices Female Hunter Type 29, was the original Japanese voice actress for Morrigan Aensland in the Vampire/Darkstalkers game series from Capcom (but not in the 1997 OVA series; Sakuma Rei voiced Morrigan in that anime adapation). The Japanese voice actress for Morrigan Aensland since 2010 has been Tanaka Rie.

Another interesting tidbit regarding Monster Hunter Frontier G voice actors: In the Japanese dub of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Ueda Kana voices Alena Vorshevsky, Ootsuka Houchuu voices Nikolai, and Tanaka Rie voices the AC-130 FCO (Fire Control Officer).

Yes, the AC-130 FCO in COD MW3 is a woman.

Both the Japanese subtitled version and the Japanese dubbed version (which was released a month later than the subtitled version) of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 sold very well in Japan.

When you get star studded Japanese voice acting casts like Square Enix did for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and Capcom did for Monster Hunter Frontier G, you know that these are big, major titles in Japan and that they "mean business" (an idiomatic expression meaning "to be very serious"). Unlike games (particularly MMOs, with their large casts), this seems to rarely happen in anime (where getting voices which mesh together well, casting voices which fit certain characters, and other factors might matter more) - with notable exceptions being the Pretty Cure/Precure All Stars theatrical animated features, which seem to pretty much outdo everything else in terms of seiyuu star power, or at least female seiyuu star power anyway....

After playing it in beta - unlike my preorder for the original Final Fantasy XIV game, which I canceled - I am keeping my preorder for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2013-08-22 at 18:15.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 19:19   Link #715
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

So, I've never played any pay 2 play MMORPG's, not even final fantasy fxi. But I am considering getting ffxiv, seeing how much of an eye candy it is. Is it worth getting it?
Old 2013-08-22, 19:40   Link #716
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
So, I've never played any pay 2 play MMORPG's, not even final fantasy fxi. But I am considering getting ffxiv, seeing how much of an eye candy it is. Is it worth getting it?
That's an unanswerable question without knowing more about you. If you have the entertainment money to spare, you like the immersion/art/style ... yeah, sure it is at least worth a few months of exploration, longer if you find a fun guild.

If every penny counts and you can't afford $15/month (3 Starbucks coffees a month or two bar drinks) - then seeking a F2P and staying away from the cash shop is the prudent option.

I tend to compute entertainment value in terms of $$/hours. If I'm spending 40 hours a month in an MMO and having fun, then $15 (38 cents an hour) is a damn good value. Even at 3hrs a month, that's still cheaper than a movie.
Old 2013-08-22, 21:25   Link #717
Alchemist007
*Author

As for eye candy, it also depends on if you're playing on PS3 or a computer, and how powerful said computer is. Having maxed out the game on my end, it's a damn gorgeous game.
Old 2013-08-22, 22:07   Link #718
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Where else can you get a high-quality multiplayer gaming experience for $15 a month? Certainly not "free-to-play" games, which usually end up costing you (on average) two to three times as much per month unless you're okay with the neutered demo version that you get without paying money.

I swear, I don't understand why people seem to think paying $2-3 twenty times a month is cheaper than paying $15 once a month. Basic math skills, do you have them?
Old 2013-08-22, 22:50   Link #719
Alchemist007
*Author

Back when I didn't have money to be spending, I made damn sure to be content with my F2P games as free. Though I probably only played one or two ever.
Old 2013-08-22, 23:34   Link #720
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Back when I didn't have money to be spending, I made damn sure to be content with my F2P games as free. Though I probably only played one or two ever.
I play MMOs for the endgame.

I am a raider; that's what I do in MMOs. In F2P MMOs, being an endgame raider even on the middle of the scale means you pay lots and lots and lots of money on the cash shop.

If I was just a casual player I'd agree with you, but the deal here is that most F2P MMOs, the endgame players are subsidizing the rest of the playerbase. It's not any sort of big mystery why someone like me would hate F2P games; we're essentially paying the subscription fees of everyone who doesn't spend money in the shop... and that's not exactly fair.

Tags
mmorpg