AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-09-03, 23:25   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 646 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

Last edited by Hunter; 2013-09-10 at 06:24.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 03:24   Link #2
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Chapter 646 is out and it feels like Kishi just pulled it straight from his ass!
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 03:38   Link #3
Cookie-Monster

lol.
funny chapter
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 04:59   Link #4
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Chapter 646 is out and it feels like Kishi just pulled it straight from his ass!
That's an understatement. This doesn't just contradict a past event, this contradicts one of the previous core premises of the world itself.

Just.... Gah!
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 05:07   Link #5
oompa loompa

I think its ok. It's not really deux ex machina. think about it, what exactly is written on the uchiha tablets that makes everyone who reads it lose their shit? I don't think people give enough appreciation to the excellent plot device the tablets are (no sarcasm intended)
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 05:09   Link #6
ImperialFlameGod8190

no this was just plain stupid I mean its just another way to drag along this battle and its ridiculous at this point
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 05:11   Link #7
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
no this was just plain stupid I mean its just another way to drag along this battle and its ridiculous at this point
no no, this is laying the story for the next timeskip, i mean we still need to see sasuke and naruto smackdown
Old 2013-09-10, 06:16   Link #8
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's just another one of those "but do you know what reeeeally happened!?" moments...not doing anything for the plot though, the only one who cares is Madara - and the time for talking is long over.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 06:47   Link #9
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
no no, this is laying the story for the next timeskip, i mean we still need to see sasuke and naruto smackdown
im sorry my friend but another timeskip would be idiotic. There is no reason for this I mean the explanation is bad enough but the problem is nobody cares about all this we want to see fighting not dumb explanations
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 07:12   Link #10
james0246

LOL, So Naruto is actually the sequel to One Piece...

Hey, but Sarutobi is alive. You do need a good Monkey when dealing with forbidden fruits...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 07:59   Link #11
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
im sorry my friend but another timeskip would be idiotic. There is no reason for this I mean the explanation is bad enough but the problem is nobody cares about all this we want to see fighting not dumb explanations
HEY JUST TRYING TO STAY POSITIVE NARUBRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
You do need a good Monkey when dealing with forbidden fruits...
Oh James, your'e such a riot with your 80's sophisti-pop references and what not!
Old 2013-09-10, 08:39   Link #12
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

My main problem is that this conflicts with almost every previous establishments of how chakra works. Previously it was a force present in all living things, from humans to animals to plants. The result of molding one's spiritual and physical energies. Now it's... the result of eating some mythic fruit and before it humans never had it in the first place.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 08:48   Link #13
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-So, obvious Diabolus Ex Machina aside, anyone got an idea what made Naruto so mad when he looked at Sasuke near the end? At first I thought it was because he wasn't being targeted by the Flower of Doom but then I noticed that Juugo and many other shinobi had the chakra cloak with them still. Then I thought it was because Sasuke had that typical "Meh" expression, but I remembered he is like that anyway on a good day. So what gives here? What's the meaning behind that exchanged glance?
Old 2013-09-10, 08:56   Link #14
forcerounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
My main problem is that this conflicts with almost every previous establishments of how chakra works. Previously it was a force present in all living things, from humans to animals to plants. The result of molding one's spiritual and physical energies. Now it's... the result of eating some mythic fruit and before it humans never had it in the first place.
You're oversimplifying it. It's the result of the christ-figure Sage of Six Paths taming the Shinju when it could have easily taken all of the chakra back, and then distributing the power all over the place.

Is this what happens when we get a summary of a past event instead of two or more chapters of flashbacks? You guys are tough to please.
forcerounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 09:04   Link #15
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

so we finally have the origin to the sage of six paths, i think it was fine the way they showed how the origin to the chakra and everything was and we finally know what was written on the tablet of uchiha,
i am actually fine with this origin of chakra, it's not simply internal energy or force of nature like how it is showed in most of the shounen series

and so the princess and the sage of six paths were like Kimimaro's ancestors
Old 2013-09-10, 09:24   Link #16
DKN117

My belief? The whole 'Chakra-Granting Fruit' thing is a myth, or an allegory. It's not what really, honestly happened.

Maybe the Six-Paths Sage's mom was just the first person to figure out how to access and harness her chakra (which, as established earlier in the manga, is the present-in-all-things power made from a person's physical and mental energy), and her son was the first scholar of chakra and used what he learned to become the Sage.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 09:37   Link #17
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
LOL, So Naruto is actually the sequel to One Piece...
my thoughts exactly lol. naruto is now a great example of why origin stories aren't necessary. mythical fantasy worlds just are, we don't need to trace them back to the big bang when something was slightly different than our universe
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 09:40   Link #18
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
and so the princess and the sage of six paths were like Kimimaro's ancestors
I don't know about that, but the story Kishimoto created is obviously influenced by Kaguya-hime from the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
My belief? The whole 'Chakra-Granting Fruit' thing is a myth, or an allegory. It's not what really, honestly happened.
Sadly, allegories, metaphors and similes were not covered in Kishimoto's Writing 101 class (understatement was also left out, but hyperbole was well covered)...

The Jyuubi has become an actual tree, so why wouldn't it grow an actual fruit? It makes more sense as a metaphor (the 'apple' is really the understanding of how to combine previously existing energies - spiritual and physical - into a useable power - chakra), but I seriously doubt Kishimoto is trying for anything symbolic (beyond the allusions already associated with "forbidden fruit").

Last edited by james0246; 2013-09-10 at 10:19.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 09:50   Link #19
The Green One

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was fairly sure it's the author that decides what's cannon and what isn't. He may very well have intended to go this way from the start.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 10:06   Link #20
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was fairly sure it's the author that decides what's cannon and what isn't. He may very well have intended to go this way from the start.
I'd agree with this, if it didn't contradict so much of what happened before.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote