AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-10, 18:29   Link #41
Athanor

Quote:
even if i'm still praying all the known gods that some studio will bring us an anime version of Rough, sooner or later... That would be really awesome...
Well they started publishing a deluxe version of the manga and also a live show is scheduled (if not started already). So who knows, it might come true.

I'm also rooting for a Katsu animated version.

And as for the op/ed since everyone who replied wished that i left them i'll left them in.

If anyone wants to do "fancy" karaoke tell me i'll provide you raws ^__^
Athanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 07:20   Link #42
Athanor

Ok the ssa for the dvd version are ready.

Before encoding them i was wondering would you prefer a 175meg/episode version or a 200meg/episode or a 230meg/episode?

I'll collect the answer on sunday.
Old 2006-04-01, 12:01   Link #43
Stxopher
Confused but useless....

I can honestly say it doesn't matter much to me. From the previous episodes even the 175 looks decent. After all, this is one of those series where the dialogue is more important than the action. Plus with the simpler animation and general color palate a higher rate probably would just make more work for very little return.

But then again, I read books for the story and not the cover so.....
Stxopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 18:09   Link #44
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athanor
Ok the ssa for the dvd version are ready.

Before encoding them i was wondering would you prefer a 175meg/episode version or a 200meg/episode or a 230meg/episode?

I'll collect the answer on sunday.
230meg

i can fit 16Ep per dvdr
Old 2006-04-02, 10:02   Link #45
Athanor

So it's gonna be 230meg/ep
Old 2006-04-03, 07:36   Link #46
Athanor

The torrent of the dvd rip is avaible => Here

I hope you'll enjoy this version.

The image isn't perfect (no remasterised dvds) but the sound is really really better than the previous version XD
Old 2006-04-03, 12:20   Link #47
Stxopher
Confused but useless....

That was quick. Guess I know what I'm doing when I get home.

Thanks!
Stxopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 15:45   Link #48
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Fantastic start for a thread TUGA.

As for Psychic223, if you're not willing to download the anime rightaway, why don't you download some volumes of the manga insteadAdachiFan.
I also advice you to read the manga of Hiatarou, since it differs a bit from the anime.

And BTW, please don't compare Touch with atrocious nowadays anime like KGNE.

And of course, thank you very much Athanor, the greatest Adachi-Sama fan I know . (Here's Rag from MD Forum)

PS; How come no one talked about the Miyuki anime? I think there is still a re-seed of the 11 episodes available out there.
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 15:59   Link #49
Athanor

Hi Rag ^^

I'd love to see more Miyuki released, i'm offering my service to anyone wanting them, i can do encoding or just giving raw since i bought the dvds a long time ago ^__^

Adachi is definitly my favorite mangaka of all time XD
Old 2006-04-03, 16:08   Link #50
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarokr
Fantastic start for a thread TUGA.

As for Psychic223, if you're not willing to download the anime rightaway, why don't you download some volumes of the manga insteadAdachiFan.
I also advice you to read the manga of Hiatarou, since it differs a bit from the anime.

And BTW, please don't compare Touch with atrocious nowadays anime like KGNE.

Do i detect another bitter Haruka fan

I like Touch myself but KGNE is much better. Touch imo suffer from too much filler.
Old 2006-04-03, 16:35   Link #51
Athanor

Let's not start a Touch trolling

But those arn't fillers, those are essential episode for raising the deepness of each characters.
Old 2006-04-06, 16:59   Link #52
Corocotta

Send a message via MSN to Corocotta
Woo my young returns to me ^^

I see it in tv many years ago, but as always in spanish versions it was censured and they translate and sing the songs >_<

Athanor we "love" you :P
Corocotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 17:17   Link #53
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Let us rejoyce!! Hiatari Ryoukou's episode 7 is out!! Well, at least in the torrent submission thread for now. Here's the link: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...024#post522024. It will be updated on the site soon.

This marks the start of the "after ep #6" episodes. And what a lovely episode it is. Ok, the image from dvd isn't that much improved from the LDs, but the sound is way way better. Thanks Monkeyfish for your great translation.

Also, to those who haven't noticed, the dvd remastered pack 1-6 has been released a few days ago, with the same nice audio quality. ^^

MJN is seriously subbing this series. And what an amazing series it is! I can't get tired of saying this, but it's just so good. Maybe not as fenomenal as Touch, but it's very close to it. More people should at least try out this series.

If you can, please make publicity of this series to others. They won't be dissapointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corocotta
Woo my young returns to me ^^

I see it in tv many years ago, but as always in spanish versions it was censured and they translate and sing the songs >_<
I also happened to see some eps of Hiatari Ryoukou in the spanish version back in 1992, when I was ten (time sure flies...). The culprits of the editing, however, are the italians - they are the ones who edit everything they get their hands on, not to mention translating songs. "Aishite Night" ("Besame Lycia" in spanish) is the best example of this. For Hiatari Ryoukou, the spanish channel Tele5 merely asked for the "italian" masters.

On a positive note, the spanish dub was quite good, actually. ^^

At least we'll all now have the chance to see the series unedited. I had that oportunity, since Portugal aired the original version with japanese audio (!) in 1995-1996. I even recorded all eps except the 5 firsts in VHS.
But the subtitle translation wasn't very accurate, so I'm still looking forward to rewatch the series with an accurate translation.
Old 2006-04-06, 17:25   Link #54
Corocotta

Send a message via MSN to Corocotta
well, its truth that the ones that censured all the anime's that aired "telecinco" was the italians, but that was because the directors of "T5" were the same that the ones of the italian tv

btw i recently read the hr manga and i want to compare with the anime version, so its time to dl the dvd version and see it ^^
Corocotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 18:39   Link #55
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Nice, another great excellent episode.
Smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tug
I had that oportunity, since Portugal aired the original version with japanese audio (!) in 1995-1996. I even recorded all eps except the 5 firsts in VHS.
But the subtitle translation wasn't very accurate, so I'm still looking forward to rewatch the series with an accurate translation.
Really?, I must have missed that, I knew it aired sometime in the past (read it on some amci list), but didn't knew when. Anyway, at the time I already had quit with my faith in regular TV, my bad, since I missed this great show.
Old 2006-04-08, 12:07   Link #56
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarokr
Really?, I must have missed that, I knew it aired sometime in the past (read it on some amci list), but didn't knew when. Anyway, at the time I already had quit with my faith in regular TV, my bad, since I missed this great show.
Nice to have another TUGA in this thread. (Your reference to "TUGA" in an earlier post of yours had me suspecting that, hehe )

Well, ragnarok, I would have missed it too if it wasn't for a friend of my brother to warn him about the series. This happened in ep #08. It was usually broadcasted at 9:00 am or even earlier! My brother had to get up early during the broadcast.

Some interesting trivia regarding RTP1's transmition of this series in Portugal:

RTP1 aired Hiatari Ryoukou in 2 parts. The 1st "part" started around the mid-August 1995, abruptingly stopping at ep #21 in 15th September 1995. The 2nd "part" started in 1st August 1996, almost a year later! RTP1 actually finished the series in 10th September 1996 - about 9 years after the original japanese broadcast.

It was my brother who "felt a ripple in the Force" (so to speak ; a "feeling"), as he wondered if RTP1 would resume the series at that time. In the 80's and early 90's, RTP1 would always change the morning schedule in order to "update" it to school's summer vacations, so the week mornings would have more infantile/juvenile shows, like the awful "Sports Billy". "Maybe RTP1 would restart Hiatari Ryoukou in August", my brother thought. He couldn't be more right.

The common part of all this is that there was no publicity from RTP1 about Hiatari Ryoukou, as usual. For me and my brother, it was a monumental luck.

It's just sad that in Portugal one has to have "ripples on the Force" in order to know when an anime series will be airing. It still happens today.

Last edited by tugatosmk; 2006-04-08 at 12:19.
tugatosmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 15:05   Link #57
Caliban
Dyaus Pitar

Well that's a shame, I was their (in Portugal in the 90's) and I never heard of that series, ever. I knew they would show anime sometimes without publicizing it, and I even once watched an episode or two of CCSakura by a fluke, just like Captain Tsubasa was shown on RTP2 and I started watching it regularly, heck even Saint Seiya on SIC (I think). And they still are that awful? Good thing I moved back to Canada, but it wasn't the only reason hehe.

Anyway, I thought that these DVD episodes would have better visuals, but having only better audio is more than good enough.
Caliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 19:15   Link #58
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Thanks for the interesting info, Tug.
Not much to add on my side though.

So Caliban, it seems that the change of country was for the best, anime wise hey?
Old 2006-04-10, 10:38   Link #59
Caliban
Dyaus Pitar

Indeed it is easy for anime or any other hobby, but not only of course, it is so much easier here to just have a part-time job that will just be used to pay my hobby (anime, games, etc..) expenses, as long as you live with parents, and I can still save up enough every year enough to pay my university/college tuitions, my dad (mom is absent) only pays house bills, I'm lucky I guess but it all depends on your way of living and subsistence ways. If you can have a stable subsistence living in Portugal you can have it as easy for anime or any other hobby in comparison to any other country. I moved for completely personal reasons though, so don't move 'cause it makes it easier just for anime lol! Hey, did you know there is a Baseball league in Portugal? http://baseballportugal.blogspot.com/ (I got it from my brother's blog). Now not only can you enjoy Hiatari Ryoukou but you can also enjoy the game !
Caliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 14:40   Link #60
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Wow, didn't knew that, it really impressed me, but is just natural for me don't knowing that, since it seems that all those teams are from center/south of the country, and I'm in the north, were foreign influences hardly come.

Anyway, taking my chance to go ontopic again.

Baseball is just a detail in Hiatari Ryoukou, unlike Touch, H2 or other sport oriented work of Adachi.
In fact if I recall well, the baseball shown in the last episode (the 7th), is the most we will have from the sport in the show.
Correct me If I am wrong Athanor.