AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

View Poll Results: Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 2 10.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 36.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 31.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 15.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 5.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-02-04, 02:36   Link #41
Windsgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well the emperor doesn't know the whole story why humanity turned to jelly. The bastards they were spying on did something unforgivable thus Hakuoro lashed out giving them what they wanted... Eternity.

Tusukuru's position is to follow their emperor's last wish of being sealed lest he will destroy the Earth again and its inhabitants.

Yamato's emperor doesn't understand that.

But here is the thing... He doesn't know Hakuoro before going to slumber had a daughter.

Does Kuon have the power to restore humanity? Maybe we don't know.

If they go to war it would be MAD as while Yamato has Kaiju Tusukuru has powerful defenders and access to the orbital laser.

Also is it in the interest of the Children of Humanity to restore their precursors? As Humans has the power to influence them.
Not to mention many played God on them...well their ancestors.
:P I wonder what happened to most of the animals...yes I know most of what "we" know died and some are alive. Thinking throughout the series how many types of animals have we seen? Maybe 3 types? I always wondered what do they use to eat as meat...because I feel like the "new" humanity would be like "hey, that food that guy over there is eating kind of looks like my cousin"...xD (same ears/tail etc) or perhaps they are herbivores but I doubt it.
Old 2016-02-04, 06:47   Link #42
MeanMachine
MeanWritingMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsgrace View Post
Not to mention many played God on them...well their ancestors.
:P I wonder what happened to most of the animals...yes I know most of what "we" know died and some are alive. Thinking throughout the series how many types of animals have we seen? Maybe 3 types? I always wondered what do they use to eat as meat...because I feel like the "new" humanity would be like "hey, that food that guy over there is eating kind of looks like my cousin"...xD (same ears/tail etc) or perhaps they are herbivores but I doubt it.
Yeah, been wondering about that myself. In the first game, I know we can see chickens in one of he background panels. In the second game, we see what looks like a smaller version of Kokopo pecking around in the background when you're in the snow village, tough I don't know if its raised for eating. Other than that, not much. I don't remember seeing cats or dogs (I mean normal, pet sized cat and dogs, so you don'y count, Mukkur.) in the first series or them being mentioned in the first game. The closest we got was Gakatar or however you spell his name.

Makes me wonder, do they have rats and other pests running around? Because if they do, they practically NEED to have cats and dogs or an equivalent running about, because that's pretty much how pre industrial people took care of pests.
MeanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 08:10   Link #43
PupNacke

Well. You also saw in the first series (I think OVA or dvd specials) touka fishing. And most od what u See in series 2 looks Like normal japanese Sushi with fish...
PupNacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 14:12   Link #44
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanMachine View Post
Yeah, been wondering about that myself. In the first game, I know we can see chickens in one of he background panels. In the second game, we see what looks like a smaller version of Kokopo pecking around in the background when you're in the snow village, tough I don't know if its raised for eating. Other than that, not much. I don't remember seeing cats or dogs (I mean normal, pet sized cat and dogs, so you don'y count, Mukkur.) in the first series or them being mentioned in the first game. The closest we got was Gakatar or however you spell his name.

Makes me wonder, do they have rats and other pests running around? Because if they do, they practically NEED to have cats and dogs or an equivalent running about, because that's pretty much how pre industrial people took care of pests.
The birds are called Hororon birds and they are raised for eating. According to Rurutie, Kokopo is also a hororon bird but people don't believe her since Hororon birds are small and vibrantly colored so he probably is some kind of strange aberration.

There are creatures called oruke in the game that resemble dogs/wolves which are used as guard dogs, battle dogs and for races. In the game Haku and Kuon took Aruruw and Kamyu to a dog-racing arena when they where visiting (Haku tried to use Aruruws abilities to cheat). They actually list quite a lot of animals and food in the game's encyclopedia since there are so many scenes with the characters eating. There are like 6 different kind of fish mentioned, along with animals resembling cows, pigs and sheep. There is also a creature resembling a cat (I think it was outright said that it's a deification of the old cat which went extinct in the ancient times or something similiar). They're not used as pets though since they are mythical creatures that you rarely see.
Old 2016-02-05, 14:14   Link #45
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post
They really could have toned down the bath and BL jokes in the first cour for making rooms for all these plots. Especially the lab since it's pretty important that the other members in Haku's party to see the jellifying process of the old human.
There is no way Mito would show Kuon and the others. He clearly doesn't trust Decoys.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 05:44   Link #46
PupNacke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There is no way Mito would show Kuon and the others. He clearly doesn't trust Decoys.
I think there was another old, ruind lab they went in the game I heard... So many plotholes. I wish I would have seen that with the race arena in the anime. Would make the anime probably to long etc.
PupNacke is offline   Reply With Quote