AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-31, 09:55   Link #61
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

okies im a bit confuzled. We Suk droped it cause they said it was licensed. However i can only find info saying season 1 was licensed. Has season 2 been licensed aswell?
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 11:06   Link #62
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm just guessing here, but I suspect it's the uncertainty about the future status of Season Two that has made the subbers leery. I can understand not wanting to commit the effort and resources to subbing a 39-episode series if there's a chance it'll become licensed somewhere in the middle of its release. Given We Suck's policies, they'd have to discontinue subbing at that point.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 11:09   Link #63
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
a new group by the name of FLC (Four Leaf Clover) is working on season 2! yay! ^^

here's their site --> http://fourleafclover.wordpress.com/
I hope their spelling in the subs is better than it is on this site....

Edit: Oh, shucks, I did it again. I meant to attach this to the last posting, not spam up the place.
Old 2007-05-31, 15:29   Link #64
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

lol it cant be any worse than We Sucks efforts

I found their subs a bit painful to watch
Old 2007-06-01, 00:03   Link #65
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
and great news...! a new group by the name of FLC (Four Leaf Clover) is working on season 2! yay! ^^

here's their site --> http://fourleafclover.wordpress.com/
I'd like to point out the horror which is mentioned on their webpage. It says that they are working on episode 2. Does anyone know why this simple fact is truly frightening?

The terror: It seems that We Suck has removed their torrent for episode 1! From now until the end of time we are going to see people asking why there isn't any torrent for episode 1. I can only hope that FLC or someone else will eventually release episode 1.

Or perhaps, We Suck will give permission for someone else to torrent their version of episode 1 for as long as the show isn't licensed yet? I'm a little iffy about this since We Suck has very unique standards for allowing their shows to be torrented. (I have unpleasant memories of difficulty downloading Uninhabited Planet Survive and that is STILL NOT licensed.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
okies im a bit confuzled. We Suk droped it cause they said it was licensed. However i can only find info saying season 1 was licensed. Has season 2 been licensed aswell?
Season 2 is not licensed. We Suck has a "better safe than risk it being licensed next month" policy.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 05:22   Link #66
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Not really, a quick search found episode one torrents easilly enough. Stupid of suck to withdraw their torrents, its not like it was going to magically disapeare. Once something has been released on a torrent it's impossible to stop it hehe.
Old 2007-06-02, 16:33   Link #67
greeneyes

So now four leaf has dropped Saiunkoku because a group called Sweet Secret Subs is doing it I think? Anybody know this group? I'll be greatful to anyone who puts in time to sub it. Just curious
greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 20:45   Link #68
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Google search for 'sweet secret subs' turns up nothing.
Old 2007-06-03, 05:08   Link #69
karumofin

i would post some words of encouragement to that group, but somehow it seems that a group that is disbanded within a single day wouldnt be very reliable to begin with. maybe that other group is just made up even?
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 05:47   Link #70
Samsara

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Google search for 'sweet secret subs' turns up nothing.
found the link to "sweet secret subs" in the comments section on Four Leaf Clover's site:

http://community.livejournal.com/sweetsecretsubs/

but there's nothing there to see. It's pretty much just a blank page right now.
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 07:04   Link #71
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

lol nothing thee but adverts, not exactly a good start. Never understood why groups who use free hosting put ads up
Old 2007-06-03, 07:39   Link #72
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Well, For Sweet Secret subs, they are still on the workout for it and ya...Someone I know is part of the fansub group.

Episode 9 season 2 summary + thoughts is up in the blog.
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 22:26   Link #73
usagijen

Sweet Secret Subs and Four Leaf Clover is trying to work on a joint... let's see what happens...

and... my Saiunkoku II Episode 9 Summary is up as well
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 00:42   Link #74
green_sweetz17

hi am new here.. lolz...
am part of 4leafclovers btw ...

am still asking 4clovers though if she's still up to the joint ...
i really hope she agrees ... am really up to the joint....

*hopes eagerly*

usagijen .. saw your post in lacorda ...
lol .. fellow filipino here too ... hehe ...
green_sweetz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 03:55   Link #75
Yakhobian
とは
*Fansubber

It'll be good to see someone pick up the series.
I would almost offer to help but it seems all is fine.
Old 2007-06-04, 07:27   Link #76
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

It'd really disappoint me if such an excellent series wasn't treated with the utmost care and released with high quality scripts. I was quite saddened to see We Suck drop it, but I understand their policies and certainly don't hold anything against them. But the fact nobody else has picked it up yet is very disheartening.

Almost tempted to offer my assistance, but then I already have several series to work on... and as of late not enough time to do so due to ongoing health issues. -.-

Anyway, if this SSS/FLC joint works out, I wish them the best. This really is a great series and it's terrible to not have the subs available for the masses (though I'm unsure how popular the first season was... maybe not such a massive fanbase =p)
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 12:17   Link #77
Rosepetal

I'll speak up as a fan and say, I really hope that Season 2 is subbed by someone!! I love this series and I was really looking forward to the second season's developments......
Rosepetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 16:21   Link #78
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai View Post
It'd really disappoint me if such an excellent series wasn't treated with the utmost care and released with high quality scripts. I was quite saddened to see We Suck drop it, but I understand their policies and certainly don't hold anything against them. But the fact nobody else has picked it up yet is very disheartening.

Almost tempted to offer my assistance, but then I already have several series to work on... and as of late not enough time to do so due to ongoing health issues. -.-

Anyway, if this SSS/FLC joint works out, I wish them the best. This really is a great series and it's terrible to not have the subs available for the masses (though I'm unsure how popular the first season was... maybe not such a massive fanbase =p)
While i firmly believe in something is better than nothing, i wouldnt call We Suck's subs High Quality.

Their subs at times were painful to read, especially when it came down to names (seeing Young Hakumei for example). I've never understood the desire to westernise titles and names. I'd say over 99% of people who watch it know what the titles mean, and those that dont can find out easily enough. Thankfully more and more groups seem to have picked up on this and are starting to leave names the right way around, leaving the sufix alone, and just adding notes at the begining or the top of the screen.

That said, as i said something is better than nothing, and since it'll be a while before its fully released i'll have to make do with what i got.

Thankfully we have Usagijen here, with the raws and her summaries i can muddle through season 2 fairly decently. *worships at the temple of Usagijen*
Old 2007-06-04, 18:36   Link #79
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
Their subs at times were painful to read, especially when it came down to names (seeing Young Hakumei for example). I've never understood the desire to westernise titles and names.
I like We Suck's subs in general, because they're consistent, and generally of high quality English. I do, however, dislike the 'over-translation' (as I said of a.f.k's Lucky Star subs in another thread) with titles and such. But, I can deal with it; I just think it's unnecessary. The group still puts out quality releases and despite their translation preferences, you can't really deny they are a good group.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 20:34   Link #80
Fullmetal_Tora
...owns your soul

Send a message via AIM to Fullmetal_Tora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
Their subs at times were painful to read, especially when it came down to names (seeing Young Hakumei for example). I've never understood the desire to westernise titles and names.
Indeed, the whole "Young Eigetsu" and other over-translations made me cringe a little every time I saw them... And the yellow color was hard to read sometimes.

But, I guess we shouldn't complain... or at least while they were actually kind enough to do it we couldn't. In the meantime, I truly hope someone picks this up as it's an extremely good series, but unfortunately doesn't have a large enough amount of fans. -_-; Too bad, really...

In any case,
Good luck to anyone out there working on subbing it! You have my full
appreciation. I'll be counting on you! ^^
Fullmetal_Tora is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, madhouse, romance