AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 18 Rating
Perfect 10 21 58.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 22.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 8.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-06-19, 15:14   Link #281
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

^ I think I like Will-san better than Misaka tbh.
As well as I want to see more of Shoukohou or w/e her name is spelt.

Touma being boring is laughable but I would like to see him branch out more. The overly heroish of not choosing to do certain things is a crutch imo. Admirable though.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-20, 20:17   Link #282
DragonXX

Here a question do you think that after NT18 that we are entering the Final Story Arc and this book was the pre-Final Boss Battle in a RPG before you face the Final Dungeon or the True Final Boss or do you think this is the just before, just after or halfway boss fight in a RPG before something huge is bring up and change everything causing the RPG to go on?
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-20, 21:03   Link #283
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
Here a question do you think that after NT18 that we are entering the Final Story Arc and this book was the pre-Final Boss Battle in a RPG before you face the Final Dungeon or the True Final Boss or do you think this is the just before, just after or halfway boss fight in a RPG before something huge is bring up and change everything causing the RPG to go on?
Going by Final Fantasy Equivalents.

I'd say for FF9 we are at the End of disc two going to start Disc 3.

The Angel of Death and Kuja and the Iifa Tree, Dagger and Queen Brahne.

But I'll say this much, I think FF9 has more story to tell tbh.
lol

Now is it loli-Aleister or just highschool girl size? lol

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-21, 05:57   Link #284
KiharaRonin

I like the comparison to Final Fantasy though I won't call this the Final Story Arc until Kamachi confirms it. From what we've seen on the writing level it doesn't seem that way.
KiharaRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-24, 21:18   Link #285
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

I'd say we've hit the 2/3 mark at least. "Old testament" being Part-1, and "New testament" being part-2. Next part of the series is likely to be "Revelations."

And I really dislike making the comparison, but Aleister in terms of survival sort of reminds me of Orochimaru in a way (Which is why I'm predicting that he'll just reincarnate himself in the future - Buddhism/Hinduism and all that.) If even Lora/Lola couldn't put an end to him after all of that, then I doubt that anything else short of Aiwass or a magic god/level 6 will be able to take him out completely. He just has a counter for everything. Well, either that, or his plan simply accounts for every possible variable you could throw at him.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-25, 07:44   Link #286
KiharaRonin

I also think this is just Part 2 and there will be a Part 3. We still have a lot left to learn and as Aiwass said, IT has a long way to go.

As for Aleister, I'm pretty sure this man has an alternate body hidden somewhere that his mind and soul can be transported to, probably a robotic body somewhere, and hell he can probably become an AIM being if needed. He's got every angle worked out so that even if he dies he can continue. That's why I want loli-Aleister to join the Freeloaders. Someone like her combined with Index and Othinus would make Touma more stronger than ever.

I just wonder if Lola will be handled now or later.
Old 2017-06-26, 00:18   Link #287
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
I also think this is just Part 2 and there will be a Part 3. We still have a lot left to learn and as Aiwass said, IT has a long way to go.

As for Aleister, I'm pretty sure this man has an alternate body hidden somewhere that his mind and soul can be transported to, probably a robotic body somewhere, and hell he can probably become an AIM being if needed. He's got every angle worked out so that even if he dies he can continue. That's why I want loli-Aleister to join the Freeloaders. Someone like her combined with Index and Othinus would make Touma more stronger than ever.

I just wonder if Lola will be handled now or later.
That the question because this is only the first book of the New Story Arc and all of Index Story Arc have bet in 7 parts not counting SS.

Example:GRS Story Arc: OT12-13 Part 1 because they go from volume 12 ending chapter 5 and volume 13 ending at chapter 10, OT14 Part 2,OT15 Part 3,OT16 Part 4 where the main enemy of the Story Arc show up, OT17-18 Part 5, OT19 Part 6 and, OT20-22 Part 7.
Norse Gremiln Arc: NT1 Part 1, NT2 Part 2, NT3 Part 3, NT 4 Part 4 Once more when the Main Enemy of said Story Arc show up, NT5-NT6 Part 5, NT7 Part 6 and, NT8-NT10 Part 7.
World Rejecter Story Arc: NT11 Part 1, NT12 Part 2, NT13 Part 3, NT14 Part 4 When at the end Yuuistu become the main enemy of said Story Arc, NT15 Part 5, NT16 Part 6, NT17 Part 7.

So far Kamachi had try to keep the 7 Part Story Arc thing up in this series and if you want to go Meta just look up what 7 meaning in stuff is and how that would be important in the Index's Series but I don't know if Kamachi is going that Meta.

But at least from this how thing seen to of work until now in Index when Story Arc started showing up we most likey will not know who the main enemy of this Story Arc is until Part 4 of said Story Arc.

One last thing after reading Blood Sign Volume 7 can we agreed that Kyousuke is The Crowley of His World which him being the King of Failure of his World but have yet to Master being a King of Failure like Crowley had.
Poor Kyousuke of Blood Sign he doesn't know he is one of Crowley's Possibilities.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-29, 07:24   Link #288
Ladiusman

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamander750 View Post
So there is something I want to ask you guys. In To aru universe, with regards to temporal mechanics, there are no parallel worlds (world in this case referring to the universe or reality itself). But the super crossover event and the Virtual on crossover are counted as canon. So there are indeed other worlds, can you explain to me what I miss. Or Kamachi is inconsistent with the termilogy
Very late on this on this, but unless explicitly stated in the novels or by Kamachi himself, both the super crossover and Virtual On are not canon. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
An alternate world is a different worlds similar to ours. But in alternate universe is an entirely separate universe different to ours.

In other words I'm just trying to tie together different things from fiction to answer your question because truthfully I have no idea. I think it's best to assume Kamachi ignored what was previously stated in order to successfully right the story the way he wanted and thus retconning previous facts to avoid ruining the stories.
And you too...is it that hard to check the past volumes? At no point was it ever stated or confirmed that alternate worlds exist in the the entire series.

Last edited by Ladiusman; 2017-08-29 at 07:54.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-29, 09:09   Link #289
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiusman View Post
And you too...is it that hard to check the past volumes? At no point was it ever stated or confirmed that alternate worlds exist in the the entire series.
Alternate worlds, perhaps not. But alternate timelines? Maybe. Kamisato's explanation of how WR worked with the pins and stuff made it seem like something along the lines exist.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-29, 09:23   Link #290
Ladiusman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
Alternate worlds, perhaps not. But alternate timelines? Maybe. Kamisato's explanation of how WR worked with the pins and stuff made it seem like something along the lines exist.
Alternate timelines? Like Steins;Gate? I don't really see how the New World created as a result of WR really constitutes as such.

Well, there's no point in thinking about it unless such is explicitly confirmed.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 21:02   Link #291
tsunade666

while the previews arc is bad and the previews volumes are the so bad I can't help but laugh and twitch, this voluke is good.

nice backstory for Aleister and that lola? why lola? isn't it laura? Stuart ending as daughter possessed demon, is great development. love the epilogue but not the loli Aleister.... seriously... can't the guy have a break.
Old 2017-09-12, 21:33   Link #292
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
while the previews arc is bad and the previews volumes are the so bad I can't help but laugh and twitch, this voluke is good.

nice backstory for Aleister and that lola? why lola? isn't it laura? Stuart ending as daughter possessed demon, is great development. love the epilogue but not the loli Aleister.... seriously... can't the guy have a break.
NT19 is still gonna be in the same arc so there is no arc being previewed. Perhaps, Kamachi is making entire arcs and volumes to preview new content and that's what this "previews arc" and these "previews volumes" are. Its also been awhile since I've read a "voluke" of Toaru because I've been too busy reading the latest volumes as they release. I can tell you this is a really enjoyable volume but I can't tell you about the latest voluke.

Sarcasm and me being trash aside, while I disagree with you on the quality of the previous arc, this did seem like Kamachi responding to the many complaints of late (which I didn't have because he should be allowed to do what he wants with his story) and it was pretty fun because it seemed like a more classic Index volume with Kamachi not trying to go extremely over the top with things like GUNGNIR, world destroying Magic Gods, a hand that can wipe them out, or a scientific mind smart enough to steal that hand. It was good old fashion, Touma and his friends get wrapped up in a situation in which they learn an enemy's past, Touma gives them a speech, and punches them out. It of course had a fun twist at the end but it just felt classic. We of course had the amazing Touma and Index duo of the past with the added Othinus which was a dynamic that barely got time to shine after her debut, even though the dynamic was tuned down a little bit.
Old 2017-09-12, 21:38   Link #293
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

Laura was a mistranslation but they're pronounced the same way so everyone presumed it was Laura due to the English name. Japanese readers always knew it was Lola, but us English readers got an extra twist because of that.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-15, 14:20   Link #294
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
Laura was a mistranslation but they're pronounced the same way so everyone presumed it was Laura due to the English name. Japanese readers always knew it was Lola, but us English readers got an extra twist because of that.
Oh I always assumed that was just a cover for her that was finally revealed last volume. Interesting.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote