AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-05-26, 06:32   Link #1
SKP2017

Smile Dress-Boku - I am a royal tutor in my sister's dress!

Title: Dress Na Boku Ga Yangotonaki Katagata - (I am a royal tutor in my sister's dress!)

Author: Mizuki Nomura

Illustrator: Karory

Completion status: 8 Volumes Completed

Synopsis:
Sherlock Dolye is no genius. In fact, he failed the college-entry examination twice, keep getting rejected by girls that he liked, and was completely prepared to be a NEET living on the expenses of his illustrious Girl-genius twin sister Glinda.

That is until the day when Glinda disappeared, two days before she was scheduled to become a royal tutor to the children of the royal family in Eren Kingdom. In a furor of unfortunate events, Sherlock was stuffed into his sister's dress by the black-hearted diplomat Helmut and sent over as her replacement instead. Will he survive? Or would he be executed as the 1st cross-dressing enemy of the state for deceiving royalty?

Here's some images of Volume 1

I had waited 5 full years for the first volume to be translated, and there is even a manga out there, but again it is never completely translated. As they said: "If you want anything done, do it yourself." So, I am taking it upon myself to translate ALL 8 VOLUMES. I-it's totally not for you guys that I am doing it though! Don't get all cocky!

I would even translate the last few chapters of the manga, but I can't find the cleaned raws for them, so if anyone is interested, please send me a PM or email.

You can find the link to my translation page here:
http://girlyboysalliance.mozello.com...u-translation/

Last edited by SKP2017; 2017-05-26 at 12:15.
SKP2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-26, 12:15   Link #2
dark44

thanx for your work there is many good light novels that was dropped and never been translated
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-26, 12:18   Link #3
SKP2017

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
thanx for your work there is many good light novels that was dropped and never been translated
I know right, but THIS ENDS TODAY!!! I swear on the panties of my fav trap-waifu that these LOST TREASURES will be dug out in all their glory!
Old 2017-05-26, 23:39   Link #4
dragon1412

Kudos for translating this one. May god bless you
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 05:07   Link #5
Januva
Lazy daydreamer~

Thanks for picking this up! I havent heard anything about it for so many years I've forgotten all about it haha
Januva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 07:12   Link #6
Kouta6659
Path To The Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
To true, heck I remember when Itsu-Ten was dropped, boy was I pissed. A huge thank you indeed to you SKP2017 for setting the mission to start and finish the Dress-Boku LN. A few years ago I did read the manga to the point the translations were stopped.
Kouta6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 07:33   Link #7
SKP2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouta6659 View Post
To true, heck I remember when Itsu-Ten was dropped, boy was I pissed. A huge thank you indeed to you SKP2017 for setting the mission to start and finish the Dress-Boku LN. A few years ago I did read the manga to the point the translations were stopped.
I aim to translate the rest of the manga too, if i can somehow find the clean raws to it.

Oh, and to all you homophobes out there, don't worry, the heroine is a LOLI! Yes, you pedobears out there know yourself. Come and read!
Old 2017-05-27, 07:59   Link #8
Kouta6659
Path To The Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP2017 View Post
I aim to translate the rest of the manga too, if i can somehow find the clean raws to it.

Oh, and to all you homophobes out there, don't worry, the heroine is a LOLI! Yes, you pedobears out there know yourself. Come and read!
Yes I did read your open post about that. Best of luck to you or anyone who can find them. Heck I'll keep a lookout myself.
Kouta6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-28, 21:14   Link #9
WyrdMonger

Out of curiosity why is his sister such a bitch?
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-29, 09:01   Link #10
pervypig

Quote:

About damn time that someone actually bothered to make this FANTASTIC novel known to the world. I have read the manga as well as all the volumes, and can pretty much vouch for the quality of Nomura Sensei's skill who wrote Book Girl as well as When Hikaru was on Earth. Jeezus, the world's gone mad, or simply just ignorant to have ignored this wonderful series of work.

The artworks by Karory are also Top class - I swear by the bunch of hentai-works I downloaded of her work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemhotaTech View Post
Out of curiosity why is his sister such a bitch?
Well, read it, and you'd find out.

Spoiler:
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-30, 05:44   Link #11
SKP2017

Thumbs down

Quote:
Spoiler:
Lol, the yandere sister trope is alive and well.

Last edited by LKK; 2017-05-31 at 08:20. Reason: removed meta-translation talk
Old 2017-05-31, 08:25   Link #12
LKK

Thread closed for clean-out.

Edit: I would like to remind everyone that discussions regarding the business of translation (a.k.a. meta-translation) are always off-topic here at Anime Suki and are subject to deletion. In other words, Anime Suki is not the place to discuss what goes on surrounding the process of translating and distributing the fan translations of the novel. Do that somewhere else, please. Anime Suki is where you discuss the contents of the novel.

Six posts have been removed or edited in place. Thread is now open.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-06, 11:24   Link #13
SKP2017

Alright! Volume 1 of Dress-Boku's completed, now only left with the Side Stories!
Old 2017-06-06, 11:53   Link #14
pervypig

*Claps* Well done. Now that the LN is translated, i can finally understand what the manga's talking about - 5 full years after it has been published. Ima so grateful to you.
Old 2017-06-06, 16:04   Link #15
Akashura
The Dark Lurker

Quote:
So is this a Harem or OTP?
Old 2017-06-07, 05:30   Link #16
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashura View Post
So is this a Harem or OTP?
OTP from the start
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 11:54   Link #17
SKP2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
OTP from the start
Lol, it's more like Loli-OTP and a whole variety of exotic haremettes, including a maid, another crossdresser, another princess, a shota prince, a pretty-boy knight, a sadistic diplomat, and even the king himself, ending of course with the ever-elusive twin sister... gosh i love this series.
Old 2017-06-13, 07:59   Link #18
pervypig

Lol, what a title for a guy

Spoiler:

Technically, that's an incubus.
Old 2017-06-14, 05:16   Link #19
SKP2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
Lol, what a title for a guy

Spoiler:

Technically, that's an incubus.
Well how else am I supposed to translate "サキュバス" into engrish? The Chinese version's directly translates to "Magical girl" but "Sakyubasu" should actually just directly be succubus.

Tags
comedy (actually funny), josei, trap mc