AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 21 Rating
Perfect 10 17 62.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 25.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-10-12, 16:51   Link #41
KiharaRonin

Can you spoiler tag what's in the *s, please? I'm too busy to read full on right now, but I really wanna know.
Old 2018-10-13, 02:02   Link #42
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Things are already of to tense action filled start with Mathers just shrugging of Kamijou and Accelerators direct attacks and annihilating the the Crowley Hazards. Its kinda surreal seeing Accelerator carry both Kamijou and Aleister out of danger like that.
Images
Kamijou and Accelerator vs Mathers Fan Art
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The named members of the Golden cabal taking action have also increased. Currently we have:
  • Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers
  • Edward Berridge
  • William Wynn Westcott
  • Annie Elizabeth Fredericka Horniman

With Westcott and Annie Horniman being literal boogiemen.

Also, the absolute madlad, Tatemiya Saiji survived the sword strike from Itsuwa in NT2!!
Old 2018-10-13, 02:27   Link #43
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Chapter 1: Frenzy – Welcome_to_GD_Paradise!! Parts 1-3

Screw it. I'm doing reactions again. Only because Part 3 warranted it.

Spoiler for Reactions:

I was honestly suspicious of the Golden Dawn when they showed up at the end of NT20 and pulled an Elvast Toydream, but I'm quite enjoying their presence, both on their own and in relation to Mathers. My only worry is that they won't be fleshed out enough as individuals but we've already nicely established Westcott and Annie so we shall see where this goes.

On the bright side, Itsuwa~
Old 2018-10-13, 22:58   Link #44
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

The new update is hilarious, I literally laughed out loud more than once.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-14, 01:20   Link #45
Keila

Someone should put together a 'timeline' of Othinus being Othinus and then convert it into a comic strip (hell, if she gets any more screen time I might just do it myself).
Old 2018-10-15, 03:26   Link #46
Marina2

Hmm...

Spoiler for NT21 chapter 1+2:

Hamazura is continually being an unpredictable factor in any event. And I like Dion Fortune already.

Last edited by Marina2; 2018-10-15 at 03:44.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 12:07   Link #47
Chosen_Hero

^It is quite literally just pure dumb (emphasis on dumb) luck if you think back to everything that has happened around him. Not exactly something to be praised for or to be in awe about. Hamazura is just the Mister Magoo of the Raildex universe.
Old 2018-10-17, 17:03   Link #48
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
^It is quite literally just pure dumb (emphasis on dumb) luck if you think back to everything that has happened around him. Not exactly something to be praised for or to be in awe about. Hamazura is just the Mister Magoo of the Raildex universe.
I'm fairly sure that by now it's been well established (in universe) that luck (whether good, bad or otherwise) is an important and meaningful character trait and should be given the appropriate respect
Old 2018-10-17, 18:38   Link #49
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keila View Post
I'm fairly sure that by now it's been well established (in universe) that luck (whether good, bad or otherwise) is an important and meaningful character trait and should be given the appropriate respect
Specifically when in universe's top beings (and by the author himself) he is acknowledged as such oddity.
Old 2018-10-18, 17:52   Link #50
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keila View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Specifically when in universe's top beings (and by the author himself) he is acknowledged as such oddity.
Not really, it is treated more as a useful and convenient tool that they can abuse when they need to (and they know it). That is kind of the reason why whenever it finishes serving it's purpose they could care less about it, much less the person that has it.

Heck, just a volume ago we had Aleister abuse Toumas misfortune and could have cared less what happened as long as it fulfilled it's purpose (Touma got pushed out of a freaking balloon without a care in the world).
Old 2018-10-18, 19:07   Link #51
Marina2

With Dion Fortune, we can say that Hamazura just gotten more luck on his side, literally.

Last edited by Marina2; 2018-10-18 at 23:35.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 00:15   Link #52
Keila

Chapter 3

Everything in chapter 3 (all the little interactions, all the random tidbits) are absolutely amazing.
Old 2018-10-22, 08:49   Link #53
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

One of my favorite flat chested girls is back, also along with another flat chested hilarity Wannabe Dom, if fact I think she's really a masochist. I sure hope they find Touma instead of anymore connecting with Hamazura.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 10:48   Link #54
zibi88

Yeah chapter2 was a bit meh...but from the first part of chapter3 it just amazing. That part on the horse and the boy sickness that Othinus mentioned no wonder this pair interreaction is golden.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 17:30   Link #55
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
One of my favorite flat chested girls is back, also along with another flat chested hilarity Wannabe Dom, if fact I think she's really a masochist. I sure hope they find Touma instead of anymore connecting with Hamazura.
I agree.

In my personal opinion, Kamachi is trying too hard to make Hamazura relevant to this arc when he has barely done anything except drive around in a stolen van with his girlfriend while the two magic gods play in the backseat, this has been going on for two volumes now. It's like he is just there so the much more interesting characters can have someone to talk to in the background of the main plot.
Old 2018-10-22, 17:50   Link #56
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
I agree.

In my personal opinion, Kamachi is trying too hard to make Hamazura relevant to this arc when he has barely done anything except drive around in a stolen van with his girlfriend while the two magic gods play in the backseat, this has been going on for two volumes now. It's like he is just there so the much more interesting characters can have someone to talk to in the background of the main plot.
He's here because his GF is probably the one that actually will have any relevance with her Esper Powers, I'm sure he highlighted it in a chapter or so before. And why would she even go to England all by herself, so therefore Hamazura had to go.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2018-10-22, 18:37   Link #57
Keila

It's nice to have Hamazura's perspective though (and the world around him). He's essentially the powerless nobody and he puts into perspective just how skewed and brokenly powerful everyone else around him is.

He's effectively a kitty cat moving around with a pack of lionesses (which only enhances the comedic value).
Old 2018-10-22, 18:52   Link #58
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
He's here because his GF is probably the one that actually will have any relevance with her Esper Powers, I'm sure he highlighted it in a chapter or so before. And why would she even go to England all by herself, so therefore Hamazura had to go.
Takitsubo as well has done nothing of worth on these last two volumes, just because she got a headache due to a magical transmission doesn't mean she is important to the current arc. We already knew she was sensitive to those kinds of things, if Kamachi meant for her to do something more he would have spread the clues throughout the two volumes instead of the one scene.

Now I don't know if you are speaking using information from having read the volume already or not, but having Takitsubo at this point all of a sudden become an important piece of the plot will only come off as a deus ex machina or asspull.

I am going to need more than that to be convinced that Hamazura was in any way important to these events.
Old 2018-10-22, 19:09   Link #59
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Takitsubo as well has done nothing of worth on these last two volumes, just because she got a headache due to a magical transmission doesn't mean she is important to the current arc. We already knew she was sensitive to those kinds of things, if Kamachi meant for her to do something more he would have spread the clues throughout the two volumes instead of the one scene.

Now I don't know if you are speaking using information from having read the volume already or not, but having Takitsubo at this point all of a sudden become an important piece of the plot will only come off as a deus ex machina or asspull.

I am going to need more than that to be convinced that Hamazura was in any way important to these events.
It's just about using the characters like chess. I agree she's done nothing of note but she's hear for a reason, otherwise she'd just be hiding somewhere.

Old 2018-10-22, 19:13   Link #60
Keila

Quote:
It's just about using the characters like chess. I agree she's don't nothing of note but she's hear for a reason, otherwise she'd just be hiding somewhere.
Pure speculation/crackpot idea: She somehow messes around with Aneri promoting her into a 2nd black cat witch and then they (the cats) compete with one another, appealing to Hamazura/Lilith as to who is better suited as the designated kitty cat of the babysitters club.