4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.45%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-18, 17:22   Link #341
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Whoa whoa what? Since when was it revealed that Louise's family was involved in arms dealing and the rail transport?

Even so that doesn't justify Neena's killing of them. For cripes sake why are people trying to justify that Neena was right in killing those people?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 17:25   Link #342
Nuiihren

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Whoa whoa what? Since when was it revealed that Louise's family was involved in arms dealing and the rail transport?
It's because of the name of the owner, Lag(u)na Harvey/Halvey. I'm simply unsure if they are relatives with Louise, but, I mean, they share the same surname. But I still doubt it. It's not like I don't want to believe in that or something... I think it would be quite interesting.
Nuiihren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 17:28   Link #343
Bring d0wn tEh Sky
For Great Justice !!

yes we read " Harvey ", but wuddn't that be the same group that subbed " Vader " instead of Veda ?
Bring d0wn tEh Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 17:30   Link #344
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuiihren View Post
It's because of the name of the owner, Lag(u)na Harvey/Halvey. I'm simply unsure if they are relatives with Louise, but, I mean, they share the same surname. But I still doubt it. It's not like I don't want to believe in that or something... I think it would be quite interesting.
It's not the same.

Took a look around and found this
From MAHQ

Quote:
Louise's last name is Halevy, not Halvey. Even in Japanese, Halevy and Harvey would have distinct pronunciation.
And also, Kinue would've mentioned it being her brother's girlfriend.

Not to mention if it really was it'd be ridiculous on Neena's part to be killing her benefactors.
Old 2008-02-18, 17:34   Link #345
Nuiihren

Quote:
It's not the same.

Took a look around and found this
From MAHQ
Ah, thanks: ) You're right, of course.

But it really sounds similar (and I'm asking myself if there's a reason why they took those similar sounding surnames or is it simply because... feeling myself a bit dumb at the moment )
Nuiihren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 17:42   Link #346
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Yep. Yep.

The writers clearly want Saji in Japan for some scene they've concocted that probably involves his sister being killed.
Or so she can sneak off and Join CB/make some use of the 10 GN Tau drives that seemed to be missing in the preview [30 Drives and 14+ empty slots, The Trinities have 4, leaves 10 for a fourth faction.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
I mean gee, an entire castle out in the middle of nowhere?
My sister rented Cardiff castle for her wedding. It wasn't outside the budget of a middle class family. Louise's family are richer and look to have hired a similar sized castle. I assume the difference is the more remote location and surrounding it with security on the ground.

Some parts of Europe are littered with the things. To the level that its easy and not particularly expensive to rent them. http://www.wfi.fr/castles.html or http://www.book-a-castle.com/ For example Château de Ranton is apparently about 2,500 Euros a week to rent.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 17:55   Link #347
Tendou88

Now i have rewatched this episode many times (too good)

something that annoys me is Tieria, why didnt he use shoulder cannon instead of beam saber when he transform to nadleeh....
Tendou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 18:02   Link #348
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
I'm betting that Tieria is 'just' a cyborg with computer interfacing implants.
Probably not a cyborg, but definitely not a human. Or it could be a combination of both...? Wait, isn't that what cyborg is? A combination of human and machine? XD Anyway, he did say something like "is this what it is to be human?" Or something like that in this episode.
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 18:10   Link #349
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Exia should start anti-beam-coat his shield/swords or else he'll lose it everytime.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 18:12   Link #350
Archmagination2002

Wesley84.. I agree with some of the things you say, but I think you are being to extreme about them. The problems with 00 are obvious, but this series has potential and I still have hope that it will become great. Its not like GSD where I stopped watching and instead waited for the series to end before watching the rest. Right now my main complaints are:

1) The battles are way too short and bland. Only Grahams and a few other battles(like Potolmas battle) have been interesting. Thats forgivable in the early part of the series when CB does interventions because that is basically a Raid, but the Setsuna vs Thrones battle wasn't interesting... I want to see a fight that stirs my blood where they are in real danger.. this battle didn't do it for me.

2) The plot aspects are getting annoying... We got the original CB plot, Thrones plot, Saji's Sister plot and a bunch of minor plots. The problem with 00 is that they are spending too much developing plots, but not resolving them. Also when they do resolve them its done in almost boring fashion.(Setsuna/Lockon) Also they are using plots to exclusively develop characters now.. mix it up a little please!!
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 18:16   Link #351
ShadowLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Or so she can sneak off and Join CB/make some use of the 10 GN Tau drives that seemed to be missing in the preview [30 Drives and 14+ empty slots, The Trinities have 4, leaves 10 for a fourth faction.]
Those are not slots they are lights are people really so dumb or blind to consider that light the same size as the slot. The slot the fake GN drive sit in are 2.5 times bigger then the little light that some idiots think are empty slots.

ShadowLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 18:24   Link #352
Bring d0wn tEh Sky
For Great Justice !!

yup we've only seen skirmishes so far ( except the desert battle )

There's always one of the opponent that run away after sustaining light/minor damage.
Also in the beginning of the show the battles were one-sided ( lockon casually gunning down the strange little MS with small machineguns )

But let's wait, I'm sure we won't be disappointed after the 50 eps ^^
Bring d0wn tEh Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 18:30   Link #353
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLight View Post
Those are not slots they are lights are people really so dumb or blind to consider that light the same size as the slot. The slot the fake GN drive sit in are 2.5 times bigger then the little light that some idiots think are empty slots.
You appear a little over aggressive about that.

If the cylinders are attached to the GN Taus as spacers then the outer items can still be stands for more drives. We do after all know there are at least 4 more drives that have been seen on screen.

The distribution is bloody silly for lights and those are Ridiculously big for lights.

That the GN drives also appear to be underlit and that they give of almost no light makes them almost totally pointless if they are lights.

Of course next week we may see. Even if I'm wrong we can't rule out another bunker of GN Taus, in for example North Africa.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 18:46   Link #354
Tendou88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring d0wn tEh Sky View Post
yup we've only seen skirmishes so far ( except the desert battle )

There's always one of the opponent that run away after sustaining light/minor damage.
Also in the beginning of the show the battles were one-sided ( lockon casually gunning down the strange little MS with small machineguns )

But let's wait, I'm sure we won't be disappointed after the 50 eps ^^
50 eps + OVA + movie
Tendou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 18:51   Link #355
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou88 View Post
50 eps + OVA + movie
What OVA and movie? Source, if you please.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 19:00   Link #356
philmein

^He's just making a prediction..
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 19:06   Link #357
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
That the GN drives also appear to be underlit and that they give of almost no light makes them almost totally pointless if they are lights.
What makes you think those lights are purely for elimination? Under-lit lights are used for display, in this case. The building in Antarctica isn't a storage-facility; it's a show-room, like in any car-show. The lighting makes the faux GN-drives look dangerous and powerful.
Old 2008-02-18, 19:20   Link #358
maymay
Inactive~

I love how Lockon refers to Setsuna as "that naughty child".
maymay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 19:32   Link #359
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

I swear there's something sneaky with that guy.

First we had him dealing with Felt and claiming how he treats all girls like that. Then in the opening we see him eyeing some kids running by his car. And now this....
Old 2008-02-18, 19:41   Link #360
Chase

Quote:
I swear there's something sneaky with that guy.

First we had him dealing with Felt and claiming how he treats all girls like that. Then in the opening we see him eyeing some kids running by his car. And now this....
lmao.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote