AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-07-13, 20:30   Link #3921
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideki101 View Post
Frankly, we don't know very much about the past of the magical world and Eva's involvement with it to begin with. We know that the magical world sees Eva as a threat, but we don't know exactly why, what the situation was, or her relation to Ala Rubra at all. It could be that Ala Rubra took Eva down, and Nagi spared her life, but I'm wildly speculating here.
But didn't we see in a flashback that it was nagi that took Eva down alone with that garlic in water trick?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 00:02   Link #3922
hideki101
Bored out of his mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
But didn't we see in a flashback that it was nagi that took Eva down alone with that garlic in water trick?
Huh, I thought that was mostly to get Eva to quit following him after he saved her from falling off a cliff or something, because that's when he also did the Attendance Perdition spell to seal her in Mahora. See here.
hideki101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 03:39   Link #3923
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Since he thought that she needed saving from something like falling off a cliff it seems most likely they'd never met before that.
Old 2009-07-14, 03:46   Link #3924
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Since he thought that she needed saving from something like falling off a cliff it seems most likely they'd never met before that.
Or that Akamatsu hadn't really thought that far ahead :P
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 03:59   Link #3925
tsunade666

I know about the chapter that asuna's been chain down. But whats the memory that will make asuna's mind change? like what fate had said? about her own sins? in c 234 ? and as for 233 when gatue ask arika is she alright? I know this is crazy and I also think this is crazy. But why would arika be blame to begin with? I mean she is one of the savior. Right? and c 232 when fate also said the one mastermind. nagi ask where is the twilight princess? and fate just laughs and the last boss is the life maker or mage of creation. In c 220 rakan said that every generation the royal family produce a child that has special powers but related to creation of the world but for asuna its unlike where its origin is from the age of gods that can destroy the world. She is the key for sure. If I remember it right asuna's magic canceler is boss the key to the world ( not sure with the words ). Its crazy or anything but it juts hits me when I browse this part of the forum. I wish asuna isn't the bad boss too. And I don't understand fate too. He said his in the side of justice. When godel shows up being much more bad guy that fate. Maybe asuna isn't bad or good. I don't know but she's connected somehow. And I don't think she's bad too because she's chained and all but why forget it all? yeh its sad and needs to be forgotten and all its bad for your health................... This is crazy that's for sure. The asuna fans will go hunt me down.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 04:13   Link #3926
KimmyChan

Lol! I'm not gonna hunt you down for what you've said at all matey, being an Asuna fan myself
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 15:10   Link #3927
cloudninja

Whatever Asuna did in the past, I don't think she did it intentionally. She was just a little kid when Nagi and his companions suppressed her memories and tried to give her a new life. She probably either could'nt control her powers or she was somehow manipulated back then. I bet she will still feel guilty about whatever happened once Fate makes her remember her past so that will maybe lead to a dark period in her life until Negi and the others help her get over whatever happened in the past. Just speculation but it's hard to imagine Asuna being evil at any point in the past.
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 15:12   Link #3928
KimmyChan

Yeah, we gotta stand up for Asuna in every way!
Old 2009-07-14, 15:14   Link #3929
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Or that Akamatsu hadn't really thought that far ahead :P
Akamatsu has everything plan out already

chpter 15 of the manga had rumors of Negi as a foreign prince. Well everyone thought that was just a filler chpt but guess what happen in the recent chpts, Negi is a prince.
Old 2009-07-14, 15:36   Link #3930
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

chpter 15 of the manga had rumors of Negi as a foreign prince. Well everyone thought that was just a filler chpt but guess what happen in the recent chpts, Negi is a prince.
Lol Im kinda wondering on what kinda manga Akamatsu has in stored after Negima ones he finishes it.

I mean he really has planned far ahead in the plot, I wonder if he has decided on an ending yet?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 19:37   Link #3931
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I mean he really has planned far ahead in the plot, I wonder if he has decided on an ending yet?
If he's a good storyteller, certainly. He'd better have, anyway. Generally, a story that didn't have the resolution planned out when all the plot threads were first woven is a story that has to resort to deus-ex-machinae and other such things to resolve stuff. I would be very disappointed if something like that happened.

Quote:
I know about the chapter that asuna's been chain down. But whats the memory that will make asuna's mind change? like what fate had said? about her own sins? in c 234 ? and as for 233 when gatue ask arika is she alright? I know this is crazy and I also think this is crazy. But why would arika be blame to begin with? I mean she is one of the savior. Right? and c 232 when fate also said the one mastermind. nagi ask where is the twilight princess? and fate just laughs and the last boss is the life maker or mage of creation. In c 220 rakan said that every generation the royal family produce a child that has special powers but related to creation of the world but for asuna its unlike where its origin is from the age of gods that can destroy the world. She is the key for sure. If I remember it right asuna's magic canceler is boss the key to the world ( not sure with the words ). Its crazy or anything but it juts hits me when I browse this part of the forum. I wish asuna isn't the bad boss too. And I don't understand fate too. He said his in the side of justice. When godel shows up being much more bad guy that fate. Maybe asuna isn't bad or good. I don't know but she's connected somehow. And I don't think she's bad too because she's chained and all but why forget it all? yeh its sad and needs to be forgotten and all its bad for your health................... This is crazy that's for sure. The asuna fans will go hunt me down.
...I might hunt you down... if I could understand what you were saying. But you just threw several dozen ideas into a single massive paragraph and I can't make heads or tales of what that post was trying to say.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 20:49   Link #3932
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Bass View Post
One thing to keep in mind about Mundus Magicus is that we see most of the story from the perspective of Negi and his gang, who (aside from Makie) know very little about astronomy and Mars in general. It strikes me as entirely possible that a number of travelers between the worlds would have noticed the similarities, although since the mages seem totally baffled by the concept of magical time travel in the Chao Arc, they probably think they are parallel worlds or something like that.

Not that it makes them right. My speculation is that since Chao said in Chapter 135, Page 16, that in 100 years Mars would be a world humans could live on, Mundus Magicus is actually Mars in the distant future, millenia after its terraforming, and that the gateway connects present-day Earth to far-future Mars without the mages even noticing. It wouldn't exactly be a stretch, either - Chao, assuming she was from Mars and the future, traveled both forward in time and across space on her return trip using a combination of science and magic. Perhaps the Wales gateway is a naturally occurring phenomena that they'd only recently learned how to use and control (in one of the Yue Chapters, 203, the lecturer in one of the classes mentions that until about 100 years before, Mundus Veteres was only a myth to most Mundus Magicus inhabitants.
Wow, pretty interesting... you could use this reasoning to make up for all the discrepancies in time between the two worlds... so when this arc ends, Negi and crew could end up back on Earth without missing anything back at Mahora.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 10:44   Link #3933
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

Ah ha, so there was an actual point in that so-called filler chapter after all...Impressive
Old 2009-07-16, 09:54   Link #3934
Code
最強の剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Could Nodoka br falling for Craig? I don't want that. With Asuna now, all but confirmed as his aunt, I want Nodoka to end up with Negi because I don't like Yui. I was always rooting for AsunaxNegi, so its a shame that they are relatives
Right on. Nodoka x Negi is the way to go!
Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 10:27   Link #3935
KimmyChan

Same here! I will always be rooting for Nodoka x Negi the whole way!
Old 2009-07-17, 01:27   Link #3936
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Nodoka reminds me too much of one of the most terrible characters ever made (Hinata Hyuuga), so I'll pass on Negi getting saddled with her.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 03:36   Link #3937
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Nodoka's easy to root for but Chao made me heavily suspect Ku Fei.

Then there's always the lulzy 'Anya was right' ending where Evangeline, Chamo, and Rakan corrupt Negi completely and he becomes a total player that has scores of illegitimate children.
Old 2009-07-17, 05:05   Link #3938
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Nodoka reminds me too much of one of the most terrible characters ever made (Hinata Hyuuga), so I'll pass on Negi getting saddled with her.
Nah, Hinata Hyuuga is MUCH worse than her I think, lol!
Old 2009-07-17, 05:47   Link #3939
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So this place is in Mars ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 07:11   Link #3940
KimmyChan

If it is, then that's pretty cool It'll be the first I know of it aswell

Tags
action, fantasy