AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2014-03-13, 05:10   Link #1
AlonP

Wolf's Rain Ed karaoke, what ya think?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzB...it?usp=sharing

plz dl for good quality .

I'm pretty pleased with the result .
AlonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 11:44   Link #2
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

well shit.... good job. i love how you turned it into snow flakes, and the fact that you got the font for the title of the show. good fucking job guy.
DreGon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 17:02   Link #3
AlonP

Thanks yo . I saw an Israeli group doing wolf's rain, and the encoding was horrible, and karaoke was pre-made... And I realllly like this anime... It was one of the "deeper" and more "meaningful" animes that I've watched when I began watching anime. So I bullied the group into letting me take over it... First I got rid of their encoder... I bought the dvds to have a better raw source for encoding... Then I got rid of their karaoke person by pointing various problems in the karaoke(which did exist) which the karaoke person couldn't fix because he didn't know how to do karaokes to begin with... Then I did the karaokes as well(also did the op, I'll post it later on, it's less "interesting").

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I am having lots of fun working on this project, and it means something to me when somebody is like "good job". True, my deepest satisfaction is just from ejoying my own result, but it's like nice to hear...

Annnnnyway...

Edit:

On a funny side not, now the translator no longer has interest in tl'ing the project, so it's all up in the air and my efforts will prolyl have gone to waste in terms of producing this thing...(not to waste in terms of fun I had with it).
Old 2014-03-15, 01:45   Link #4
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

that kind of stuff happens when you get people to do a good job instead of just letting shit slide. but thank you for the good job.
DreGon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 12:04   Link #5
Cyprene

It's a little overdone, honestly. The "turn the letters into snowflakes" idea is a neat one, but to do it you have to shrink down the letters and they end up looking kind of silly. I don't think that shrink function was intended to be used that way.

Gimmicky karaoke is something that's very hard to do right. There've been some really excellent karaokes done, but a lot of the time it's distracting. Your subtitles are not what the fans are there to see, they're there for the anime.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 00:36   Link #6
AlonP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
It's a little overdone, honestly. The "turn the letters into snowflakes" idea is a neat one, but to do it you have to shrink down the letters and they end up looking kind of silly. I don't think that shrink function was intended to be used that way.

Gimmicky karaoke is something that's very hard to do right. There've been some really excellent karaokes done, but a lot of the time it's distracting. Your subtitles are not what the fans are there to see, they're there for the anime.
Hmmmm, I suppose it can be distracting... But, see, you see it as "your subtitles are not what the fans are there to see", I see it rather as "OMG THIS IS SO MUCH FUN... Fans? Lol @care" kinda way . way I see it, nowadays nobody looks at the karaoke anyway to begin with, but it's something that if you enjoy to exercise yoru creativity, can be lots of fun.

Whether it is my encoding, or my karaokes, the "fan" is never my #1 concern, my own satisfaction/fun is. I'm selfish like that .
Old 2014-03-23, 07:03   Link #7
cyth
Banned

I think it's a myth propagated by a certain era of subbers that people prefer subs without karaoke. I'd very much like more karaoke, except not distracting ones like yours.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 17:29   Link #8
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

Remove the bold effect and make the falling match the audio better. ^^