AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 4 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 12.50%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-15, 23:29   Link #21
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Oh damn! Nanami finally got the Mukuro treatment.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2016-09-16, 01:46   Link #22
bonsobon

Probably not going to be the most popular opinion here but I'm not going to lie, I did not like that last scene at all. I thought it was unnecessary, cliche and totally overdone. Anyway with Chiaki now dead that should put a stop to those theories about her being alive (either as the absent 13th branch head and/or the mastermind in the killing game).

Still it was interesting to notice that only Yukizome had to be lobotomised in order for the brainwashing to be successful. Granted watching the brutal killing of the centre of their universe (yes I'm being sarcastic here) is traumatic in and of itself, but the rest of Class 77 (minus Mikan) only had to be exposed to the video for it to work (so much for those who were constantly said to have strong wills). Still what's done is done and it will be interesting to see how the final episodes wrap things up.
Old 2016-09-16, 02:17   Link #23
Nvis
Where are the good animes

They really downgraded Class 77. So naive and easy to manipulate.
Old 2016-09-16, 02:48   Link #24
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Really? I had the feeling they were always like that. Every single one was absolutely melancholy about everything. They didn't become a 'fun class' until Chisa poked Nanami a little. She's literally their hope and Enoshima kinda crushed her.
Old 2016-09-16, 03:19   Link #25
Homura7

The last scene is heartbreaking. Any chance Chiaki might have survived in Future is slim. Only Izuru with his infinite might can make a miracle. But I know this all wishful thinking...
Old 2016-09-16, 03:23   Link #26
Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
You know, I expected her to die. Afterall, she was an AI in SDR2 because of a good reason.

But this... this was just too much. It was like her execution in SDR2... except this one wasn't any simulation of sorts!!!
I know, right? I don't think we've had such a brutal execution since Leon's. Actually, it may have topped Leon's. I couldn't even bear to finish watching, just closed the tab and read the summary (with screenshots) elsewhere. And f**k Izuru. He has infinite talents, but didn't even bother to help one single person. What's the point in having them, then?

Not surprised at Juzo's gay confirmation, but I'm definitely disappointed that he let Junko get away.
Old 2016-09-16, 05:22   Link #27
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

So what were the class 77 up to between this episode and the Tragedy? Did Chisa and the rest of them just went back to class and pretend nothing happens? Or did the class start their preparations for the Tragedy in groups or separately?
Old 2016-09-16, 05:36   Link #28
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, even though they got kind of unhinged, they are still who they are and more than capable of acting the same way they always did. Besides, isn't the tragedy already in the process of happening?
Old 2016-09-16, 07:21   Link #29
pervypig

Wow, watching DR1, I never relly got to hate Junko this much. This episode totally poured kerosene on the fire. I wonder whether she's relly dead too, what with all the AI junkos and whatnots.
Old 2016-09-16, 07:35   Link #30
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

This episode was painful to watch. The one positive thing that I got from it was the how much strength it gives to the endings of DR1 and SDR2. All this hate for Enoshima makes them much more satisfying to play through.

And about Juzo... when was it implied that he was gay? I mean I wasn't shocked when the reveal happened; I thought it made sense. But I don't remember any particular moment when it became obvious. Did the show just turn his loyalty and bromance towards Munakata into proper romantic feelings? Regardless, his death in the Future Arc becomes more tragic with this reveal.
Old 2016-09-16, 08:50   Link #31
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Well, Chiaki is indeed killed and her death is what drove her classmates into despair. The despair arc isn't even over yet though, so it makes me wonder how they're going to conclude it all.

Didn't expect Juzo to actually be in love with Kyosuke. Anime is usually never that great at having subtle homosexual characters I find, they are always in-your-face with it.

And even though Izuru's memories as Hajime have been shut away, his heart still can't help but feel sorrow. Makes me feel hopeful for the Hajime/Izuru we saw in Future arc.~
Really? I knew he was homo for Munakata since the first episode of Despair arc. I mean they were not subtle at all, with the way he was willing to do anything for him.

I thought for sure everyone on the internet knew Juzo was gay for him.
Old 2016-09-16, 09:16   Link #32
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Suddenly it's a competition of who's the most PC around here lol
I can't say I saw that coming. It works in hindsight, but Juzo came out as a really loyal bro and friend to me before this.

And next in store is the massive suicide and the actual Tragedy happening. With Juzo's lip sealed, I guess it's not really a stretch to think that class 77 will still continue towards graduation before shit starts to really hit the fan. All the while they might be laying the groundwork towards The Tragedy.

Also, Despair!Nanami theory just got debunked. The list of suspect of the real mastermind on the Future side is getting real thin.
Old 2016-09-16, 09:26   Link #33
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

After seeing all the extremes possible in DR1, DR2 and UDE I believed myself to be ready for this. Holy fucking shit was I so fucking wrong.

Now this begs the question: How did they make a proper Chiaki AI if she died before they could use it? I assume Junko's mind was partially backed up for her AI, I assumed they did the same for Chiaki.

Unless, of course, they used her brain. That... actually opens up a whole slew of possibilities for her.
Old 2016-09-16, 09:44   Link #34
stray
Classic Yandere

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Also, Despair!Nanami theory just got debunked. The list of suspect of the real mastermind on the Future side is getting real thin.

I still think Juzo is the killer though. And I think my dark horse pick for mastermind might have a chance now.

I dunno what to expect from the last episode of Despair; there's so much canon to get to but there's also the love triangle (now with despair) and Zero to address. I guess we'll see.
Old 2016-09-16, 11:33   Link #35
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Really? I knew he was homo for Munakata since the first episode of Despair arc. I mean they were not subtle at all, with the way he was willing to do anything for him.

I thought for sure everyone on the internet knew Juzo was gay for him.
I'm not really one to take that as a sign of guaranteed romance though. I believe really good friends would go to such lengths for one another as well so unless it's explicitly stated or shown in some form then I don't take an implied attraction as fact.

I knew there was some sort of internal dilemma Juzo was going through but it was never clear to me it was a romantic attraction to one of his friends that he was ashamed of. It could've just been him feeling envious about their connection and not feeling like he really belonged with them anymore, so he went to extreme lengths to help Kyousuke because he still wanted to be relevant to him. That's the conclusion I came to.
Old 2016-09-16, 11:47   Link #36
Homura7

You could say his fate in Future is karma for all the wrong he did.
Old 2016-09-16, 12:08   Link #37
Router25
World Connector. I think

Two more episodes left, I wonder if they would put in the Tragedy as the climax?
(Maybe ep. 11 is mass suicide then 12 is Tragedy)
Old 2016-09-16, 12:22   Link #38
stray
Classic Yandere

Next episode (11) is Despair finale; there's a special episode in place of 12 with interviews or promos for V3 or something. Series as a whole ends on Future 12.
Old 2016-09-16, 12:26   Link #39
Homura7

Which is very fitting. Despair is the past, while Future is the present time. Episode 12 is sure to bring closure to both stories.
Old 2016-09-16, 15:51   Link #40
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I didn't think it was "obvious" from the start, but a few episodes ago he had a conversation with Yukizome and his reaction to that conversation hinted very heavily at this development. Idr the specifics, but something about there being no room for him.
Closed Thread