AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-06-17, 02:02   Link #8361
Lucidrago

@Xfire What are you on? I'm talking about going into any romantic relationships for other guys besides Issei. Yes we saw Gasper's and Valerie's relationship. Not in a romantic sense though.

Just talking about how other pairings really won't ever be done because Issei is the MC. He does give a lot of the other characters some huge character development but going beyond that like pairing them up with somebody in the story even if said girl has a crush on him or feelings for him, it won't be cover. The romance and harem aspect is solely for Issei ALONE.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 08:24   Link #8362
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I can still see some girls' feelings be requited even if those feelings aren't towards Ise. Ise is the MC, but that just means he has the most focus which is why we don't see Grayfia or Sirzechs much unless there's either something important or semi-important from either them to be focused on or Ise is interacting with one or both of them somehow. Same for any other character that's a supporting character or a side-character (this is the category Sirzechs and Grayfia fall under as well, remember (this is also directed at Robot-Dinosaur)). So we just have to assume that Sirzechs and Grayfia were intimate in places where we didn't see it, up until Sirzechs went into the Isolation Barrier Field.

And Arthur has a romantic relationship with Elaine Westcott, the maid of House Pendragon, while Ouryuu and Millarca also have such a relationship. It's also quite possible Tobio is in a romantic relationship with one of these three (if not all three): Sae, Natsume and Lavinia.
Old 2018-06-17, 08:44   Link #8363
B214

Well Tobio is a MC too in his own series that is. I have to say though, i would prefer if Ishibumi spends some time on the other male characters/rivals' love live at least put a stop to making them look all one dimensional with their Ise obsession only.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 09:29   Link #8364
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, not all of the characters are one-dimensional. But I agree.
Old 2018-06-17, 13:10   Link #8365
Blazor 98

Issei and Vali are currently Heavenly Dragon-class in terms of power. We all know they will eventually surpass it. Once they do I wonder if the class of power known as "Heavenly Dragon-class" will change when Issei and Vali surpass it since those two are the Heavenly Dragons.

Last edited by Blazor 98; 2018-06-17 at 13:35.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 13:11   Link #8366
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Well Tobio is a MC too in his own series that is. I have to say though, i would prefer if Ishibumi spends some time on the other male characters/rivals' love live at least put a stop to making them look all one dimensional with their Ise obsession only.
The only relationship I can see being developed (and with developed I mean a chapter when the people involved date and or confess) are Gasped/Valerie, Saji/Sona and Kiba/whichever girl Issei tries to set up with him to stop the rumors they are a gay couple. In each of these cases I think the development would be "Issei helps his friends with their love problems", so the story would still heavily revolve around him.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 13:31   Link #8367
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Right now, Sona ending up with Saji seems unlikely. She said he's like a brother to her. And if she can actually fall in love with him, with what Serafall said in Volume 24 about her testing her Sona's suitors, I don't see Saji ever being able to marry her unless Sirzechs hold back when fighting him. I hope they can and do hook up, though.

@Blazor 98: Heavenly Dragon-class will still be the level Ddraig, Albion and Crom or at even if Ise and Vali surpass it. They'll still be called the Two Heavenly Dragons, but they'll just have surpassed the actual level of power that it requires. But that doesn't matter. Look at Sirzechs and Ajuka. Super Devils that were Maou (and one of them still is).
Old 2018-06-17, 14:44   Link #8368
Lex79

I agree that we are still far from a relationship between Saji and Sona. Part of me still thinks it would be a bit too cliché if it happens, but I would also feel very bad for Saji if he doesn't get the girl while his friend and rival gains a large harem. But I don't see Serafall being a real obstacle, either Sona yells at her that she gets no saying in her love life, or they'll manage to find a loophole.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 14:48   Link #8369
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Issei and Vali are currently Heavenly Dragon-class in terms of power. We all know they will eventually surpass it. Once they do I wonder if the class of power known as "Heavenly Dragon-class" will change when Issei and Vali surpass it since those two are the Heavenly Dragons.
Dragon God comes after Heavenly Dragon.
Old 2018-06-17, 20:11   Link #8370
aw454wtr

And after dragon god comes oppai dragon class
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 23:51   Link #8371
B214

We all know that Oppai Dragon > Dragon God. XD
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 23:59   Link #8372
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

i doubt Sirzech even alive to test Saji as a suitor
Old 2018-06-18, 04:08   Link #8373
Lucidrago

They're all still alive in that barrier. And Sirzechs is like the 3rd or 4th strongest being sealed that's fighting Trihexa.

No one has died so far.
Old 2018-06-18, 14:18   Link #8374
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah. Not to mention that, again, we're told that they might beat that Beast come back earlier that originally anticipated. They're exchanging information with the people outside the barrier (and also getting food and maybe some rest, so that they don't die because of anything other than Trihexa's attacks), so they might find a way to beat it with that. And it's also stated in Volume 24 that they're used to fighting it and might really come back sooner than expected. So it's very possible that Sirzechs will survive and come back.

So if the test happens, Sirzechs could just hold back so that Saji still has a chance to win. He's Maou-class in his base form, right? Saji in BxB should have a chance against base Sirzechs at least.

"Dragon God" may come after "Heavenly Dragon", but the gap between the two is pretty big. Ophis is still 2x Heavenly Dragon-class right now. And she lost 1/4th of her power. And apparently Shiva is still weaker than Ophis since he said that Ise is made from the powers of two dragons more powerful than him (in Volume 22). Ddraig and Albion are supposed to be much weaker than even Shiva. And if he's weaker than even nerfed Ophis, how strong must the unnerfed Ophis be?
Old 2018-06-18, 14:40   Link #8375
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yeah. Not to mention that, again, we're told that they might beat that Beast come back earlier that originally anticipated. They're exchanging information with the people outside the barrier (and also getting food and maybe some rest, so that they don't die because of anything other than Trihexa's attacks), so they might find a way to beat it with that. And it's also stated in Volume 24 that they're used to fighting it and might really come back sooner than expected. So it's very possible that Sirzechs will survive and come back.

So if the test happens, Sirzechs could just hold back so that Saji still has a chance to win. He's Maou-class in his base form, right? Saji in BxB should have a chance against base Sirzechs at least.

"Dragon God" may come after "Heavenly Dragon", but the gap between the two is pretty big. Ophis is still 2x Heavenly Dragon-class right now. And she lost 1/4th of her power. And apparently Shiva is still weaker than Ophis since he said that Ise is made from the powers of two dragons more powerful than him (in Volume 22). Ddraig and Albion are supposed to be much weaker than even Shiva. And if he's weaker than even nerfed Ophis, how strong must the unnerfed Ophis be?
that makes me think how strong God's hatred of the bible was for the dragons so that samael would be able to affect monsters like great red and ophis, even being able to take them to death.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-18, 15:01   Link #8376
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
that makes me think how strong God's hatred of the bible was for the dragons so that samael would be able to affect monsters like great red and ophis, even being able to take them to death.
It can't, though? It failed to kill Ophis or even erase her power, just spat it out later (at which point it became Lilith). And she was able to scatter some of her power around freely while being attacked.

It was more like she couldn't be arsed to respond.
Old 2018-06-18, 16:07   Link #8377
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
It can't, though? It failed to kill Ophis or even erase her power, just spat it out later (at which point it became Lilith). And she was able to scatter some of her power around freely while being attacked.

It was more like she couldn't be arsed to respond.
It must be remembered that ichie planned to kill ophis at that time, not to mention that the intention of killing her was not noticed because if that were the case they would have freed samael from her seal and not bring it on a giant sealed cross.

not to mention also that ophis is weak to the point that even the blows of nihgdod without defending itself left her badly wounded and thus cause resentment in issei as crom cruach.

Spoiler for volumen 11:

Last edited by godz; 2018-06-18 at 16:52.
Old 2018-06-18, 16:18   Link #8378
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
It must be remembered that ichie planned to kill ophis at that time, not to mention that the intention of killing her was not noticed because if that were the case they would have freed samael from her seal and not bring it on a giant sealed cross.

not to mention also that ophis is weak to the point that even the blows of nihgdod without defending itself left her badly wounded and thus cause resentment in issei as crom cruach
What was planned is not relevant to what actually happened. The story was planned to end well before twenty volumes, much less thirty and change.

Freeing Samael completely would mean they couldn't control it at all anymore. They wanted to use it as a weapon, not let it loose. It wasn't restricted in terms of power, it was being controlled.

Nidgog literally ordered her not to protect herself at all. Not just not blocking, she lowered her defenses completely, and still survived everything. Her life was never in danger, but that doesn't mean she can't be hurt at all.
Old 2018-06-18, 16:30   Link #8379
Lucidrago

While she was infinite, even a full-powered blow from the True Longinus could do nothing to her. She was truly 'infinite' when she was at full power.
Old 2018-06-18, 16:40   Link #8380
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
What was planned is not relevant to what actually happened. The story was planned to end well before twenty volumes, much less thirty and change.

Freeing Samael completely would mean they couldn't control it at all anymore. They wanted to use it as a weapon, not let it loose. It wasn't restricted in terms of power, it was being controlled.

Nidgog literally ordered her not to protect herself at all. Not just not blocking, she lowered her defenses completely, and still survived everything. Her life was never in danger, but that doesn't mean she can't be hurt at all.
Spoiler for volumen 20:

Look at the conditions that remain and also read what I put in spoiler volumen 11 where it says that the samael was purposely made to weaken it, they never sought to kill her if they did not create a new ophis under their control and the only powerful thing capable of doing such a feat was the curse of samael ...