AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-13, 19:44   Link #21
Dawnstorm

I'm playing the game now. I've never played a game this close to the anime release. That's going to be odd.

Also, I wonder if anyone in the show will ever randomly turn to a barrel to say "daru..." for no reason at all. (I've only played the series since Iris 3, but every game since had this rather odd feature.)
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 21:19   Link #22
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Never played any of the games but just read the first ch of the manga adaptation....

Honestly not quite sure what to think the series will be like - not really able at the moment to get a clear impression. The vague feels are a loose mix between Tears to Tiara and a smattering of steampunk technology, maybe? O.o

The two lead characters seem interesting enough, I guess, so I will give it a try at least. ^^
Old 2014-03-15, 21:59   Link #23
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Never played any of the games but just read the first ch of the manga adaptation....

Honestly not quite sure what to think the series will be like - not really able at the moment to get a clear impression. The vague feels are a loose mix between Tears to Tiara and a smattering of steampunk technology, maybe? O.o

The two lead characters seem interesting enough, I guess, so I will give it a try at least. ^^
I doubt Escha will be as cool as Riannon, though.

It does seem to be a bit more steampunk (and a bit less lewd) than Totori or Meruru so there's that. Let's see how Gokumi does it.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 10:10   Link #24
widagtama

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-promo-debuted
widagtama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 17:16   Link #25
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Ugh, I was hoping Escha wouldn't be some plucky cutesy type, but it seems that I'll be wrong. I hope she won't be annoying. =/
Old 2014-03-16, 17:21   Link #26
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

She kinda struck me as the cute and plucky type in the manga ch I read... Was she different in the games?
Old 2014-03-17, 07:24   Link #27
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Ugh, I was hoping Escha wouldn't be some plucky cutesy type, but it seems that I'll be wrong. I hope she won't be annoying. =/
If you don't want her I'll take her home! And play with that swishy raccoon tail of her.....

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 14:15   Link #28
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
She kinda struck me as the cute and plucky type in the manga ch I read... Was she different in the games?
Everyone in the preview seems exactly like in the game so far. (Not that there's much to go on.)

I personally think Gokumi is a neat fit for this game. They're good at making adaptions coherent, and they're also good at the slice of life aspects. I think they can pull it off.
Old 2014-03-17, 20:59   Link #29
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Spoiler for Atelier Iris 2, Atelier Iris 3, Atelier Meruru:

The Atelier series has always enjoyed its perky, cheerful, relentlessly optimistic heroines. There's no escaping them far as this franchise goes, sad to say.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 03:27   Link #30
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I've never played an Atelier game so I wouldn't have known. I'm still interested in this because the premise sounds kind of neat and I like the character designs, though. As long as Escha's not overbearing (which, if the PV's anything to go by, she didn't seem to be), it should be fine.
Old 2014-03-21, 03:57   Link #31
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

I came across this summary and review of what someone thought about this series on another site and thought I would offer it up here to see what others who have completed thegames thought of its accuracy:

Quote:
They aren't really trying to "save the world" per se, because in the Dusk subseries of the Atelier franchise, the world has already ended. It's all about them trying to continue living on in the world ruined by their predecessors and rediscovering ancient ruins in order to piece together bits and pieces of what caused the ruin in the first place.

The Atelier franchise has never been big on the whole epic story thing, but rather it focuses more on the setting and characters. Escha and Logy will provide some amazing atmospheric setting and beautiful views. The spectacular scenery interspersed with the ruined world (ancient derelict advanced ruins, deserts that used to be oceans, polluted rivers and lakes etc.) provide some really nice contrast.

If you're aware of ARIA and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō, then Atelier Escha and Logy, is a mix of both. It's a slightly dreary and melancholic setting, but it still is able to be quite saccharine and idealistic series. So if you;re a fan of the aforementioned to, you'll enjoy Escha and Logy alot. The game itself isn't really plot driven, so Studio Gokumi has alot of free ground to take liberties on the setting they were given.
So, what do you all think?
Old 2014-03-21, 04:13   Link #32
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

What site would that be, I wonder?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 08:47   Link #33
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

pretty much close. most of the time. atelier series is simply fetch quest while building relationship around them. it not until last few chapter where "safe the world" plot kick up. even then the plot of "saving the world" can be describe as this

"oh no, your not-so-friendly neighborhood monster/wizard so depress that s/he want to destroy the world. can you cheer him/er up using power of friendship (nanoha style)"

so yeah even the darkest part of atelier series can be cheerful. they can go really dark thought
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 18:28   Link #34
Dr. Casey

Quote:
I've never played an Atelier game so I wouldn't have known. I'm still interested in this because the premise sounds kind of neat and I like the character designs, though. As long as Escha's not overbearing (which, if the PV's anything to go by, she didn't seem to be), it should be fine.
Ah, so this will be your introduction to the Atelier franchise? I look forward to your posts then. And even if the preview's misleading and Escha does turn out to be incredibly annoying, you have that black-haired girl 19 seconds into the video to counter her. Damn, Logy. I know that you won't tap that ass since you're the main hero of a JRPG and all, but you really should.

RRW's post is a good summary. The Mana Khemia games in particular have a humble scope, due to the fact that their main setting is a school and the primary focus of the story is finishing various classroom assignments and having good times with your classmates. I never knew the premise of the Dusk series, but after reading Flower's post my feelings towards Escha and Logy have changed from "I don't know anything about Escha and Logy specifically, but I'm an Atelier fan so I'll watch the anime" to "Damn that sounds like a really cool setting for a story, hurry up and get here April 10th." I hope the anime turns out to be two cours, because 12-13 episodes is too limited to properly adapt an RPG (unless you're trying to adapt an RPG from the NES era or something, and not always even then).
Old 2014-03-21, 23:55   Link #35
Dawnstorm

@Flower: The description sounds about right. People who expect an epic story are going to be disappointed. But this particular game is more plot-heavy than most others on the PS3, so it's actually a good choice for an anime. At no point in the game is the world in danger, unless you count deterorating environmental conditions. Expect plot points such as bring water purifier to village X. Help capital researcher creating a vaccine. Find out the secrets of these ruins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I hope the anime turns out to be two cours, because 12-13 episodes is too limited to properly adapt an RPG (unless you're trying to adapt an RPG from the NES era or something, and not always even then).
12-13 is more than enough for an Atelier game, though. You can do the core story of Escha & Logy in six episodes. Use the rest on setting and character for atmosphere, and space it wisely, and 12-13 episodes is perfect. 24-26 episodes is overkill. They could use that second cour for Crime Edge instead. *Sorry, couldn't resist.*)
Old 2014-03-22, 00:26   Link #36
Dr. Casey

I can't say I feel the same, but different people have different needs to be satisfied by a story; I don't think 24-26 episodes would be overkill, but this is something I often don't see eye-to-eye with other posters on. A lot of time one-cour series that others are perfectly fine with leave me thinking "Eh, everything was blazed through so fast that I never really cared about the story or characters."
Old 2014-03-22, 00:47   Link #37
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Ah, so this will be your introduction to the Atelier franchise? I look forward to your posts then. And even if the preview's misleading and Escha does turn out to be incredibly annoying, you have that black-haired girl 19 seconds into the video to counter her. Damn, Logy. I know that you won't tap that ass since you're the main hero of a JRPG and all, but you really should.

RRW's post is a good summary. The Mana Khemia games in particular have a humble scope, due to the fact that their main setting is a school and the primary focus of the story is finishing various classroom assignments and having good times with your classmates. I never knew the premise of the Dusk series, but after reading Flower's post my feelings towards Escha and Logy have changed from "I don't know anything about Escha and Logy specifically, but I'm an Atelier fan so I'll watch the anime" to "Damn that sounds like a really cool setting for a story, hurry up and get here April 10th." I hope the anime turns out to be two cours, because 12-13 episodes is too limited to properly adapt an RPG (unless you're trying to adapt an RPG from the NES era or something, and not always even then).
funny you mention mana khemia. Escha & Logy is the closest thing you can get for mana khemia 3
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 01:37   Link #38
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Thanks for the feedback, folks. ^^

Well, chalk me up as officially interested to check this one out... Kinda curious to see what Gokumi will do with the source material now.
Old 2014-04-09, 18:52   Link #39
melina_putri

There are 6 BD/DVD volume listed so I guess this will be 12 episodes.

Still no simulcast announcement for this despite this is going to start airing tomorrow. I wonder if this series isn't going to be simulcasted.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 21:12   Link #40
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Yes, I was wondering the same thing....

I guess sometimes a series can be picked up after the initial airing and such, but it is a shame that thus far this series seems to have flown under the radar a bit.