AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-18, 16:49   Link #41
amigos

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
Just comparing character thread activity Mayumi looks to be the most popular, honestly I'm surprised, when I first came in this subforum I thought it was a den of Miyuki shippers.
i prefer miyuki&lina over mayumi if i had only one choice possible(why can there only one choice for someone like tatsuya,with,by far,japan best gene)-miyuki>lina,but she's the next best thing after her withouth the incest wall/handicap.
howeover,if asked wich character is the most enjoyable to read,with the most funny interaction with tatsuya:mayumi come first by far.
i don't know about other,but to me that's why
amigos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 17:13   Link #42
Echizen777

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Not even Tatsuya knew what he was afraid of. Maybe he was afraid that he might start to like her, or maybe he was afraid that he'd burst out some angry rhetoric, or maybe he was just afraid that she'd see right through him which is something he often thinks when confronted by her. in the end we can only speculate, but something about Mayumi moved Tatsuya this much is true lol.

I doubt Hirofume and Mayumi would ever work. Neither of them cares for the pairing. the entire time he was at her house in her SS she was comparing him to Tatsuya and I think Katsuto as well in a not so favorable way lol. When she thinks about Hirofume she spends hours blowing off steam at the shooting range. when she thinks about Tatsuya, she soaks herself in the bath and wonders if she's woman enough for him lol.
Mayumi is the only one who can make Tatsuya feels weird like that. It happened so many times...

That's why the marriage is arranged. They don't love each other but it will happen if there is no trouble. They just want powerful children, love isn't needed. That is necessary to keep their country that powerful, couples like Isori Kanon and Nao Mari are really in a good situation. Koichi loved Maya too, it was written she washis beloved but if he loved his current wife is unknown. With his obsession for Maya it's unlikely(46 and still so beautiful, he must be really sad lol). They got 5 gifted magicians(maybe he loves her after all...) that's the most important.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 17:39   Link #43
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Mayumi is the only one who can make Tatsuya feels weird like that. It happened so many times...

That's why the marriage is arranged. They don't love each other but it will happen if there is no trouble. They just want powerful children, love isn't needed. That is necessary to keep their country that powerful, couples like Isori Kanon and Nao Mari are really in a good situation. Koichi loved Maya too, it was written she washis beloved but if he loved his current wife is unknown. With his obsession for Maya it's unlikely(46 and still so beautiful, he must be really sad lol). They got 5 gifted magicians(maybe he loves her after all...) that's the most important.
And this is why they are a good mix, she see's right through him most of the time.
Besides her personality fit great with his

Me personally i would love tatsuya x mayiumi, but at this point after 13 novels i`ll be happy with any girl just to mix things up a little and brake from the status quo that's has been going for 13 novels.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 17:58   Link #44
nosaer

The mayumi x hirofume thing isn't set in stone. It's been mentioned that she is just one of the girls whom he could possibly marry being the next head of his family. Koichi himself also seems to favor katsuto more than hirofume after their conversation in vol. 12. Since she is an option, I imagine that he would go with someone that he likes a bit more rather than her lol. As long as she marrys someone and has kids then she's doing her job right...

On another note does anyone else find it funny that Kasumi and Izumi were talking about how Mayumi should get a boyfriend in her SS, but when Kasumi saw her talking with Tatsuya in vol 12 she does her best to keep them apart? Watching Mayumi's reaction to Tats making fun of her in that scene is still one of my favorite reads in the volume lol. And Kasumi's reaction to Mayumi being Tatsuya's bride too lol.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 23:59   Link #45
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Remember Koichi knows tatsuya is a member of 101st battalion thathas strong ties to th yotsubas. He may know he is in fact a strategic class mage and a yotsuba born person, all through its still speculation at this point on how much he actually knows.
Being a "sly fox" we can't rule out a scheme on his part to marry mayumi to tatsuya in order to draw away tatsuya away from the yotsuba or to secure an alliance, like the clans tried when maya was to marry koichi in the past.
Also we know maya thinks that miyuki is to dependent on tatsuya, and i believe she will welcome and opportunity to reduce that dependence between between miyuki and tatsuya.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 00:59   Link #46
Echizen777

Koichi doesn't prefer Katsuto. That praise is the proof that he is stll N2. Katsuto is too cunning so it makes Hirofumi easier to manipulate.
Old 2014-05-19, 01:20   Link #47
nosaer

Quote:
Koichi doesn't prefer Katsuto. That praise is the proof that he is stll N2. Katsuto is too cunning so it makes Hirofumi easier to manipulate.
Spoiler for Vol 12 Ch 10:

He's clearly praising Katsuto here. I don't see how praising an aspect of an individual means that said person is ranked 2nd. It also clearly says that the Itsuwa family wants Mayumi to marry Hirofumi, not the other way around. I think its more reasonable to believe that to koichi, Katsuto and Hirofumi are equal, and Katsuto's latest actions have given him a boost above the competition.
Old 2014-05-20, 14:21   Link #48
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Spoiler for Vol 12 Ch 10:

He's clearly praising Katsuto here. I don't see how praising an aspect of an individual means that said person is ranked 2nd. It also clearly says that the Itsuwa family wants Mayumi to marry Hirofumi, not the other way around. I think its more reasonable to believe that to koichi, Katsuto and Hirofumi are equal, and Katsuto's latest actions have given him a boost above the competition.
Koichi prefers Hirofumi over Katsuto because Hirofumi is much easier to manipulate. Both suitors (Katsuto&Hirofumi) are both from the 10 master clans and there next clan heads, so Koichi's clan benefits from an alliance with either clan, but since Hirofumi is much easier to bend to his will, he'd be higher on the list. Katsuto has clashed with Koichi during the double seven arc as well.
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 00:40   Link #49
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Mayumi doesn't deserve Tatsuya.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 02:57   Link #50
pampz21
ShipCore

Erika deserves him more.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 03:04   Link #51
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Leo or Azusa deserve tatsuya more

Actually it's miyuki who deserve tatsuya the most
Old 2014-05-21, 03:14   Link #52
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
Just comparing character thread activity Mayumi looks to be the most popular, honestly I'm surprised, when I first came in this subforum I thought it was a den of Miyuki shippers.
And she even had less screen time than the ice queen
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 03:42   Link #53
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Leo or Azusa deserve tatsuya more

Actually it's miyuki who deserve tatsuya the most
Lol the thing is what have Miyuki done to deserve Tatsuya?

Ps: Pls quote and answer in Miyuki's thread

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 04:16   Link #54
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Lol the thing is what have Miyuki done to deserve Tatsuya?

Ps: Pls quote and answer in Miyuki's thread
Same as you on post earlier to erika tread ^^?

Hmm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Erika deserves him more.
Old 2014-05-21, 04:53   Link #55
Echizen777

You don't need to be deserving for someone to love you. If even Leo makes Tatsuya fall for him. They'll become a couple and that's all.

For me Mayumi is the best female character, her interactions with Tatsuya are great, I like everything about her, her way of thinking, her reasons for loving him, her situation concerning her complicated love life and her role as a Saegusa trying to keep his secrets, everything. Plus she has good genes, the only. If yminus is that she is from a rival family. She is perfect for Tatsuya in my eyes.
Old 2014-05-21, 07:43   Link #56
LKK

*LKK wanders in and yanks off everyone's shipping goggles*
*walks off chanting, "hint, hint, hint"*

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 08:20   Link #57
BalorView

Quote:
You don't need to be deserving for someone to love you. If even Leo makes Tatsuya fall for him. They'll become a couple and that's all.

For me Mayumi is the best female character, her interactions with Tatsuya are great, I like everything about her, her way of thinking, her reasons for loving him, her situation concerning her complicated love life and her role as a Saegusa trying to keep his secrets, everything. Plus she has good genes, the only. If yminus is that she is from a rival family. She is perfect for Tatsuya in my eyes.
Their relationship and family rivalry reminds me of some works like Basilisk, Romeo x Juliet. ......... But I hope that they don't share the same destiny as those characters and end up happily together
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 09:16   Link #58
NeutralZero

As a shipper of Tatsuya and Mayumi, the implication of similarities to Basilisk and Romeo X is not desirable... since those two didn't end well...

Somehow, since she already graduated her screen time became lesser.
Her role is now dependent to her father and the twins' screen time...

Unless her father make a direct move on the Youtsuba,
doubt there will be any form of confrontation between them... esp for Tatsuya, as long as Miyuki is not involve, his interaction will be to a minimum
yet chances that she will face him in battle is still possible
a fight that she'll definitely lose but it'll be nice to actually see her full combat capacity...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 11:35   Link #59
nosaer

@ultraviolet: can you please show me where it says koichi prefers hirofume for Mayumi? I've never read that and I've read all of the chapters except morisaki's. based on what I've seen there's nothing to say he prefers hirofume over katsuto.

as for everyone else, I agree that Mayumi is the best girl in the series. I don't think the romeo x juliet metaphor will play out though even though they are from competing families. there's no way Mayumi's going to die on me.

while I agree that her screentime will likely have to be linked to her sisters or father, I doubt she would fight Tatsuya for her father...We've already seen her go against her father concerning the media thing...I'd put my money on her joining Tatsuya's side if it came down to it.
Old 2014-05-21, 11:52   Link #60
Echizen777

I remember reading in the LN that he prefers Hirofumi because he is easier to manipulate to but I don't remember where.