AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: SAO Alternative - Gun Gale Online - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 1 7.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 42.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 21.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-05-26, 08:37   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

SAO Alternative - Gun Gale Online - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for SAO Alternative - Gun Gale Online, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 12:15   Link #2
zeross87

that was a lot better than the previous week i like fukaziroh (pick a easier name god dammit ! ) character for now. she seem crazy enough to be amusing to watch, but not too much to be repelling. she look more comic crazy than serious crazy.

poor llen think the name display will make it easier for her to dual pito, she don't realize she will attract enemies like hell because they all want to beat the current champion it will make some interesting FFA when everyone come together and they all try to take advantage of two other team fighting to stab one of them in the back the moment they finish the other team.

llen also have absolutely no naming sense as well if she named last team LM and this one LF
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 12:15   Link #3
mickbis

Hype for SJ2 !
wonder who are all those mask guy in Pitohui and M team
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 15:48   Link #4
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 7 Comments/ Feedback:

Last edited by Solace; 2018-05-26 at 22:35. Reason: Don't drop random sports game spoilers in an anime forum. It has nothing to do with this discussion.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 16:25   Link #5
ScrewySquirrel

Yeah. Everyone will be gunning for LLENN
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 16:26   Link #6
Requiem-x
The slacking one

"It's ok, we got a sugar daddy"

Fuka is already a blessing for the show. Llenn can be funny as well, but she takes it to the next level, and then the one after, and despite that, they still come off as great buddies. Also, holy crap, that is A LOT of ice cream.

Extra points for using those filler guys to emphasize Pito's dark nature. Did not see it coming at all.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 16:34   Link #7
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I kinda wonder if it isn't a red herring after all. Maybe she has no intention at all of killing herself or anyone in real life. Maybe her team's PM4 because it's Pito + M + 4 extras. Maybe she laughs when her team mates or herself die because she just doesn't take the game that seriously (it is, after all, just a game). And she's a bit of a troll.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 19:28   Link #8
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
"It's ok, we got a sugar daddy"
Yeah, Fuka is ends up bringing quite a bit of fun in a short time. I cracked up when she kept on repeating that line. I doubt she would still want to marry "M" if she met him in person, though.
Old 2018-05-26, 23:15   Link #9
Robotech Master

A side note: that may be the most chaste girl's locker room changing scene that I can think of.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 23:24   Link #10
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
A side note: that may be the most chaste girl's locker room changing scene that I can think of.
Second. I was expecting a lot of exposure, but it ended being very much harmless, which is fine by me.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-27, 00:26   Link #11
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I kinda wonder if it isn't a red herring after all. Maybe she has no intention at all of killing herself or anyone in real life. Maybe her team's PM4 because it's Pito + M + 4 extras. Maybe she laughs when her team mates or herself die because she just doesn't take the game that seriously (it is, after all, just a game). And she's a bit of a troll.
In japanese the name is pronounced PMshi. It could mean PMfour or PMdeath. I think Pito had the second on her mind when she named the team:
https://kotaku.com/5897372/how-a-jap...xt-playstation
There are some reasons why Sony might not choose to call its machine the PlayStation 4. In Japan, four (四) can be read as "yon" (よん) or "shi" (し). The kanji for death is "shi" (死), which is why the number four is considered unlucky.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-27, 02:49   Link #12
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I know why LF think the 4 stands for death. My point is, we really only have M's word for it that she is that crazy. And Memento Mori's leader's assessment, but all he's really said is that she's a bit of a troll who doesn't take the game as seriously as he does.

So the 4 could be just some kind of coincidence with no sinister meaning.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-27, 07:00   Link #13
Tenzen12

Sure it could be "just coincidence", but you know out of three people associated with Pito, two are convinced she is nuts and third is perfectly fine believing it.

Basically if someone looks like lunatic, sound like lunatic and act like lunatic, there is very high chance that person in question is, you know... lunatic.
Old 2018-05-27, 09:35   Link #14
videoman190

videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-27, 10:34   Link #15
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I know why LF think the 4 stands for death. My point is, we really only have M's word for it that she is that crazy. And Memento Mori's leader's assessment, but all he's really said is that she's a bit of a troll who doesn't take the game as seriously as he does.

So the 4 could be just some kind of coincidence with no sinister meaning.
As others have noted, the 4 is definitely sinister in Japanese.

With regards to what M said of Pito... he loves her but he thinks she's crazy. Normally if you love someone you have a more positive view of them. So if Pito isn't crazy to some degree then M would have to be really out there. I would note that Pito commented to LLENN, back when she was introducing M to her, that M is a bit of a criminal. So yeah, we have some hints that we shouldn't necessarily trust M too much.

Anyway, I think it's better for the story for it to be ambiguous as to what Pito would really do. For example, if we knew for certain that she had actually killed people in the past or had tried to, then that would frame her as a "criminal who needs to be caught and removed". Instead, the story is presenting her as a friend who needs to be saved from herself. This is consistent with the overall themes of the show which focuses more people overcoming their personal issues (via video games) and of friendship in general.
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-27, 20:15   Link #16
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

9 pints of ice cream. A mix of flavors, including banana and rum raisin (is she a grown up Toshino Kyouko?). That's just crazy.

And TMI. Seriously, TMI! Also makes it disturbing trying to imagine her texting while... cleaning up.

And in the background while LLENN is listening to her friend explain, the LED sign for GGO Ice Cream. (Just 200 credits!) What we always needed.

Memento Mori team. Bets on them being a bunch of 8th grade nerds in the computer club? The leader has too much of a bishonen feel to be real, and that seems like the perfect mirror image to SHINC.
Kinematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-27, 22:10   Link #17
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post

With regards to what M said of Pito... he loves her but he thinks she's crazy. Normally if you love someone you have a more positive view of them. So if Pito isn't crazy to some degree then M would have to be really out there.
From what I've seen M doesn't really strike me as someone that is all right in his head. I don't think Pitohui is quite normal either, but that doesn't mean she's capable of murder.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 00:25   Link #18
Magewolf

I have not seen it mentioned that the last two episodes laid out why Pito was attracted to LLENN. LLENN was a natural player killer and a newbie who did not know Pito's reputation.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 03:09   Link #19
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
From what I've seen M doesn't really strike me as someone that is all right in his head. I don't think Pitohui is quite normal either, but that doesn't mean she's capable of murder.
To be fair, even if she were capable of murder, she would only kill M who is actually willing to die for her.
Old 2018-05-30, 12:57   Link #20
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I love Miyu's choice of weapons: dual-wielded MGLs. They're beastly when firing, but the reload time is something else entirely, which might be a liability as matches wear on. Personally, I would've gone with an M60E4 for supporting Karen's P90 rushes with suppressive fire.