AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-11, 13:20   Link #2061
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Dat look on Shioon's face when the doc said he nearly killed his mother...twas the perfect moment for a berserk mode activation...Come on Geuk-jin...do it for the fans that are tired of him being useless most of the time...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 17:25   Link #2062
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

I just remembered one thing..

I remember that Sera mentioned that she was watching the doctor..his movements...so i think that she know if the doctor is really a villain..maybe in the end, he still work to make a pill? is strange because i remember that she said it....bha...just make the damn pill..i want to see Shioon use his ki again..and be a master..and kick their ass...

i ask too muh? after 160 ch?
Old 2012-05-11, 18:34   Link #2063
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
I just remembered one thing..

I remember that Sera mentioned that she was watching the doctor..his movements...so i think that she know if the doctor is really a villain..maybe in the end, he still work to make a pill? is strange because i remember that she said it....bha...just make the damn pill..i want to see Shioon use his ki again..and be a master..and kick their ass...

i ask too muh? after 160 ch?
Kinda considering that Kenichi is still piece of shit in his world after 472 chapters.

Anyway it would be nice to get rid of that masochist hero.
If Shion won't go berserk next 4-5 chapters I may consider dropping this series.
There just so much shit you can take at face value, before you start hitting your head against wall.
Old 2012-05-11, 18:37   Link #2064
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Kinda considering that Kenichi is still piece of shit in his world after 472 chapters.

If Shion won't go berserk next 4-5 chapters I may consider dropping this series.
There just so much shit you can take at face value, before you start hitting your head against wall.
Well atleast it looks like even the Korean fans are raging over his uselessness, and since it's published online there's a higher chance of the author actually taking note of it and following the fan's wishes for once.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 18:50   Link #2065
tsunade666

I actually start hitting my head on the table already. Naked with shorts only and their the SUC captain shows up. I want him to ended up rape and thrown into garbage bag but I was 0_0 when I saw that gag ball LOL LOL LOL LOL WWWWW!!!!

Shioon just die already or be bad ass. Pick one please.
Old 2012-05-11, 19:39   Link #2066
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I think some of you are being a little harsh on Shioon. One of his greatest weakness in his character is his quick trust of people. It would be bluntly out of character for him not to trust the doctor especially since the doctor hasn't done anything bad to Shioon and has been rather helpful. Take note that Shioon was willing to trust Sera when she threatened to kill him so yeah........ either way it's pretty much impossible that Shioon will actually die but I think this event is meant to further the plot and provide character development to Shioon.

Also expecting Shioon to get strong so quickly is rather unrealistic, you guys do realize that right? Most masters train for years and still are weak. I certainly hope you guys aren't hoping for a asspull because those just suck.

And a least look on the bright side. Shioon wasn't being a pussy about being kidnapped unlike most people. That at least shows character development on his part.

Quote:

What are you talking about? Kenichi is already high tier for a dicisple. He isn't shit at all compared to his fellow peers. Certainly compared to masters he's useless but most masters trained their entire life. HSDK is meant to be a more realistic take on martial arts (granted it's still over the top). Expecting Kenechi to get strong that fast beats the point.

Shioon is already getting berserk after hearing his mom die. What do you expect some deus ex machina power up? Sorry but those don't generally make a good story. Look at Bleach for a perfect example of how deus ex machina (among other things) ruined a good story.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 20:01   Link #2067
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:

Why are you talking about Kenichi in this thread??

For Kenichi the only problem i have, is in his behavior,the fact that he can be serious in the fight immediately..because if he does..we already know that is able to take out an expert class opponent with one move, like he did agains the masked man a few chapters ago..where even Miu didn't have a chance.

Kenichi behavior is only this my problem, is like Matsuena has forgotten to grow up Kenichi in this way..but his strength is increased.

With Shioon is the opposite, the Author make a reset in his power..but his behavior changed a bit...but in this chapter he did wrong, to go like this, alone..because he is the head now.

i just want that the doctor give the new magic pill that is able to make Shioon use his ki again..after this he can do a real training, to get stronger again...because we know that the first pill Shioon take, is the more powerful ..and the effects are in his blood..so when the new pill is done..he can use he power again, until this, is useless to Shioon fight, because he can't use his ki..and is almost time too fight against the bosses..that are strong...and Shioon can't fight against them without his ki.

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2012-05-11 at 20:15.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 12:22   Link #2068
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Kenichi's problem isn't that he's weak. It's the fact that the author shoved him into the world of Yami when he has no business being there in the first place as he has no hope of ever winning against any kind of master class. Considering the plot revolves around them now,it makes him pretty useless to the story. He was fine when the disciples were the focus and not just cameos.

In this... Shioon is in the same boat, except without any of the strength Kenichi gained.
Old 2012-05-12, 15:35   Link #2069
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Dude...

Ken practiced wayyyyy more then shioon.
Shioon also took a magic pill that made him stronger.

you cant compare the two.

Its like comparing Ise vs Sairiog.. from dxd... one got lucky from an item, the other honed his power from torture.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 21:34   Link #2070
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
Dude...

Ken practiced wayyyyy more then shioon.
Shioon also took a magic pill that made him stronger.

you cant compare the two.

Its like comparing Ise vs Sairiog.. from dxd... one got lucky from an item, the other honed his power from torture.
That's the problem. The author used a Deus Ex Machina, spent 70 monthly chapters starting the develop the character, took all his strength away, but kept him fighting the same level foes for 160 chapters without much changing. I know Shioon doesn't have the training, it's why I said he doesn't even have Kenichi's strength. However, just because it's logical doesn't make it good for the plot or story. There is a tvtropes page called "Failure Hero", where basically, the hero loses so much that it actually drives away readers. I think Shioon has been heading on that path for a while.

The thing both HSDK's and The Breaker's authors failed to do is balance out the leads with what's going on. HSDK failed, IMO, as soon as Yami became the main threat and the disciples became background characters. It's no longer Kenichi's fight, it's the Masters, which is why we spend so much time watching him standing around these days. It gives the manga an air of stagnation, that Kenichi hasn't grown, even if he has, because his foes are so much more powerful than him that the growth doesn't even matter.

The Breaker's flaw is that the author reset 70 chapters (several years) of development to zero and then started to drag out the character's return to strength, while still making him face foes he has no chance of fighting. People already don't like resets. Extremely slow development just makes it worse.

In the end it just comes down to power levels of the main characters compared to that of the foes they're facing. It'd be like having Yamcha as the main character in DBZ and having him be the one to fight Frieze, Cell and Bui. It gives a feeling of pointlessness.
Old 2012-05-18, 04:02   Link #2071
DarkLordOfkichiku

Today's chapter is out:

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/16518

Spoiler for 72:
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 04:36   Link #2072
Odd

The translated version is now also out.

I wonder if Bae Sueng-Jae is also including 9AD in that comparison of ki levels??
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 05:21   Link #2073
Finre

Whats with the S&M stuff . Shioon's getting more pathetic by the week.
Finre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 05:38   Link #2074
Xaturas

ZZzzzz at least I hope for one thing. That crazy doctor will be mercilessly killed by someone, be it sunwoo or anyone else.
If Shion will go his usual Mesiah style and ask them to forgive him, I will loose all hope for him and just hope that his balls will shrink so that his stupid genes wont spread out anymore.
Old 2012-05-18, 06:01   Link #2075
Johnny
Working the bags...

I think it's pretty obvious what's going to happen. When the doc injects whatever to purify Shioon's innards. He underestimated Shioon's god mod healing and it has the opposite effect. Then cue Save Shioon Squad to rescue him and boom there you have Shioon with access to ki. However, instead of one little center it'll probably be his entire body somehow...

He'll probably go through some sort of trial and error to get it under control. That's when the secret Black Heaven and Earth bit will come into play. About the time he finally gets it and has fought the baddies for awhile. We'll probably be seeing the end of this second part. The author will leave us on some cliffhanger like the last one did with him finally meeting 9AD or something...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 06:09   Link #2076
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

^ i like your speculation..

This can really happen...and would be interesting to see something like this...i want that the story move forward..and the only thing that can do it, is to make Shioon Ki working again.
Old 2012-05-18, 07:27   Link #2077
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I don't feel any pity for Shion this time. He really deserves this.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 07:33   Link #2078
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I think it's pretty obvious what's going to happen. When the doc injects whatever to purify Shioon's innards. He underestimated Shioon's god mod healing and it has the opposite effect. Then cue Save Shioon Squad to rescue him and boom there you have Shioon with access to ki. However, instead of one little center it'll probably be his entire body somehow...

He'll probably go through some sort of trial and error to get it under control. That's when the secret Black Heaven and Earth bit will come into play. About the time he finally gets it and has fought the baddies for awhile. We'll probably be seeing the end of this second part. The author will leave us on some cliffhanger like the last one did with him finally meeting 9AD or something...
Lol, it's a shame that it will follow this very cliche path(I thought this as well) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
I don't feel any pity for Shion this time. He really deserves this.
I have to agree. His whole emo attitude is just pathetic, and he fails at it so much because he can't do anything right =02. Well at least this'll allow Sera to get back into Shioon's good graces. She's one of the better things that's happened in part 2 thus far.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 08:37   Link #2079
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

The way Shion is messed around with in the first season and now in the second makes me think he will be injected with something, his Ki centre will revive but leave him in a crippled state where he can't move his body properly. He will then be rescued with season 2 ending as a cliffhanger.

In season 3 he will then kiss the floor (again) until season 4 starts
Old 2012-05-18, 11:16   Link #2080
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
There is a tvtropes page called "Failure Hero", where basically, the hero loses so much that it actually drives away readers. I think Shioon has been heading on that path for a while.
Quite so, IMO. The author of The Breaker just doesn't seem to get that you have to try and create a good balance between Failure Hero and Invicible Hero for the main character (especially one that is meant to be portrayed as a "hard worker").

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
The thing both HSDK's and The Breaker's authors failed to do is balance out the leads with what's going on. HSDK failed, IMO, as soon as Yami became the main threat and the disciples became background characters. It's no longer Kenichi's fight, it's the Masters, which is why we spend so much time watching him standing around these days. It gives the manga an air of stagnation, that Kenichi hasn't grown, even if he has, because his foes are so much more powerful than him that the growth doesn't even matter.
Sort of, but then again, without the current setup, the masters themselves would get little to no time in the spotlight and I'm fairly certain people'd complain if that was the case. After all, whether we're talking The Breaker or HSDK, it has been shown that people LOVE it when the master badasses like Goomoonryong or Kwon kicks ass (maybe implying that th Boring Invicible Hero trope isn't as disliked as one might think). That's one thing one has got to admit is a (from a certain point of view) good thing about the setup of HSDK - it allows EVERYONE to have a go at the spotlight, whether we're talking about Kenichi himself, the Shinpaku Alliance or the masters, in contrast to New Waves, where the spotlight is far less evenly divided... In any case, at least HSDK makes it by it's title fairly clear that it's about "Kenichi the Disciple", so... The day Kenichi can take on a Master by himself and win, that'll be the day the manga's effectively over since Kenichi'll have graduated from being a disciple.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves