AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2008-08-06, 11:58   Link #461
9taileddemon

Did Mikado give Hayate's pendant to Aika or was it another one?
9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 17:23   Link #462
blade82

chap.185 is out by McDonald team.
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 01:18   Link #463
Used Can

Spoiler:

The next chapter should come out tomorrow (or later today in Japan), right?
Old 2008-08-12, 03:40   Link #464
9taileddemon

Is he still in love with her? Or does he just want to see her. Or did they not make a distinction?
Old 2008-08-12, 15:38   Link #465
Used Can

Hayate said something along the lines he wanted to meet her again, and that he wanted to convey her the feelings both of them used to have. (I'm not really sure about the latter part; so, you'll have to wait for McD's translation.)
Old 2008-08-12, 15:55   Link #466
9taileddemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hayate said something along the lines he wanted to meet her again, and that he wanted to convey her the feelings both of them used to have. (I'm not really sure about the latter part; so, you'll have to wait for McD's translation.)
Thanks for that.
Old 2008-08-12, 18:03   Link #467
Eleutheria
旅行癖

187 is out. There's a cameo of Nagi's mother's finger - seems like Hayate's brother helped her get home or something.

And the last page is of Athena- ten years older. If she IS a vampire, she does still age.
Old 2008-08-12, 18:10   Link #468
Atlarax

Speculation: Depending on the age of Hayate's "brother", Hayate and Nagi may be related.

Hayate's true parents may be the result of the relationship of his "brother" and Nagi's mother, explaining his resemblance to Nagi's mother.

Afterwards, to save her love from being sold to the Yakuzi by mom and dad, Nagi's mom marries into the Sanzenin family for money (offered by the grandfather) and gives birth to Nagi, while Hayate is raised to believe his true parents are his mom and dad.

The money thing is hinted by Nagi's words to his grandfather "some people don't understand no matter how much money you use she won't come back."

Also, it seems at age 8 was the last time Hayate sees his brother, and it was also the time Nagi's mother died.

edit: o shi-disregard that. seems Nagi's mother didn't even know Hayate's brother. 187 shows her saying "thank you, stranger"

EDIT EDIT: Unless the elder Sanzenin specifically instructed Nagi's mother to forget about Hayate's brother, to suit his own son's needs.

Last edited by Atlarax; 2008-08-12 at 18:25.
Atlarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 20:39   Link #469
9taileddemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlarax View Post
Speculation: Depending on the age of Hayate's "brother", Hayate and Nagi may be related.

Hayate's true parents may be the result of the relationship of his "brother" and Nagi's mother, explaining his resemblance to Nagi's mother.

Afterwards, to save her love from being sold to the Yakuzi by mom and dad, Nagi's mom marries into the Sanzenin family for money (offered by the grandfather) and gives birth to Nagi, while Hayate is raised to believe his true parents are his mom and dad.

The money thing is hinted by Nagi's words to his grandfather "some people don't understand no matter how much money you use she won't come back."

Also, it seems at age 8 was the last time Hayate sees his brother, and it was also the time Nagi's mother died.

edit: o shi-disregard that. seems Nagi's mother didn't even know Hayate's brother. 187 shows her saying "thank you, stranger"

EDIT EDIT: Unless the elder Sanzenin specifically instructed Nagi's mother to forget about Hayate's brother, to suit his own son's needs.
Doubt they are related at all. It showed Hayate with his mom and dad when he was born. It showed them being cruel but they are still shown.

And Nagi's words just mean that a lot of people don't understand why she could ever be unhappy with so much money. Because they don't get that there are some things more important than money. Like your parents.
Old 2008-08-12, 20:55   Link #470
Atlarax

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
Doubt they are related at all. It showed Hayate with his mom and dad when he was born. It showed them being cruel but they are still shown.

And Nagi's words just mean that a lot of people don't understand why she could ever be unhappy with so much money. Because they don't get that there are some things more important than money. Like your parents.
I must have missed the panel where he was shown at birth with his parents. But even so, its not unusual for grandparents to hold their grandsons right?

Anyway, theory lacks concrete evidence. It was simply a speculation.
Old 2008-08-12, 23:00   Link #471
9taileddemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlarax View Post
I must have missed the panel where he was shown at birth with his parents. But even so, its not unusual for grandparents to hold their grandsons right?

Anyway, theory lacks concrete evidence. It was simply a speculation.
It is the part where Hayate is still a baby and the dad says that they will name him Hayate. The mom asks why. He explains that he wants Hayate to have the ability to run like a whirlwind away from debt collectors. They start laughing while Hayate has a WTF look on his face.

Then they talk about how one day they can throw him away to get money.

They were awful even when he was born.
Old 2008-08-13, 01:25   Link #472
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

OMG i saw the raw for ch 187

Spoiler for ch187:
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 02:57   Link #473
9taileddemon

Anyone seen 188 yet? It should be out.
Old 2008-08-13, 04:07   Link #474
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
187 is out. There's a cameo of Nagi's mother's finger - seems like Hayate's brother helped her get home or something.

And the last page is of Athena- ten years older. If she IS a vampire, she does still age.
An almost perfect example would be Karin here, the vampires also age along with the human lifespawn, just lose it someway through, while their powers when not awakened are unharmed from sunlight, and they even eat human food >< There´s a million ways to depict vamps
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 11:10   Link #475
Atlarax

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypokstick View Post
omg i saw the raw for ch 187

Spoiler for ch187:
breasts

!
Old 2008-08-13, 11:54   Link #476
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
OMG i saw the raw for ch 187

Spoiler for ch187:
Hayate go with Athena... she has breasts
Old 2008-08-13, 15:46   Link #477
KoroshiyaX
X

If the modern Athena still has the same personality and mindset as in the past (And I suspect she does), I do not think the other girls stand a chance in winning Hayate's heart, unless she gives up on him willingly and dissapears permanently.

But knowing Hayate, he will probably try to be nice to everyone no matter what happens. However, that still doesn't change the fact that Athena is the only person that he has ever shown true romantic interest in. All scenes with the other lead girls are just moments of blushing, momentary crush, bloopers, friendship, and mis-understandings.

What I find most surprising is that it isn't often that a manga author can introduce a new character so late in the story and manages to make the audience adore that character, and possibly even want them to end up with the protagonist over the other lead girls.

Hayate no Gotoku was first published in 2005, so we've had almost 4 years of Hinagiku, Maria and Nagi...

And being a hardcore Hinagiku fan myself, I'm probably 60% Hinagiku / 40% Athena right now. But that could change in a few weeks depending on what happens... Things havent been this interesting ever since the balcony scene with Hinagiku
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 16:32   Link #478
Atlarax

Personally I think the latest 9 chapters were better than the other 100 chapters combined-there were great emotion, characters and plot. The other arcs were too slow or filled with repetitive jokes (which got old before the first time) and filler material.
Old 2008-08-13, 17:12   Link #479
Used Can

I too am amazed at how quickly the author managed to get me to love Athena. Before chapter 178, I was really hoping Hayate to end up with either Hinagiku or Maria. Actually, when Hayate's ex-girlfriend was first shown (the pic were we only got to see her back), I really expected her to be Maria (they did look somewhat alike), and I even said introducing a new character this late would be stupid. But, hell I was wrong.

Now, as much as I like Hina or Maria, I really want an Athena end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
Anyone seen 188 yet? It should be out.
I thought it'd be out on Tuesday, but there's been nothing so far.
Old 2008-08-13, 17:19   Link #480
Atlarax

no jump this week. aug 20 next issue

Tags
comedy, shounen