AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 17 19.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 14.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 20.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 28.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.14%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.14%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-16, 10:34   Link #61
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Another solid ep 8/10 IMO eventhough it was a recap ep (a recap that was basically over at the first commercial break)...After L's death it was good to take a step back and see what got us here...I really feel like this series has even more great surprises because I have faith in the people who created it...Based on all I have witnessed up to this point I'd be lame if I started to doubt these guys now...When L first meet Light in school I got frustrated and thought "No! This is too early in the series for them to meet!" When Misa appeared I was like "No, I don't want a new character to interfer with the L vs. Light dynamic!!" When Light gave up the DeathNote in Yotsuba arc I was like "No! I don't want the story to reset!!" ...But each time not only did the story not suck it actually got better and more interesting and compelling each time...So even with L now dead I'm not ready to slay the story-tellers who have made every doubt I've had about this show dissapear with the brilliance of their storylines...

Continuing with this episode, the last few minutes where Light took control and yet again weaved his uncomparable power via the artistry of penmanship was awesome...Yes I'm beginning to hate him aswell, but within that hate is admiration for the gall of this guy truley believing he's doing God's will (with him being God that is)...Deathnote is the only anime ever where someone writting something in a notebook can have the feel and vision of something epic (and that's the feeling I got from the last scene)...Boy I know Light is gonna pay the devil at some point, because he's killing so many innocent people to cover his tracks and no matter how you look at it there is nothing devine in that...

I think it's funny that the writers even have a scene with Ryruk telling Light that everything is gonna be boring now (it's almost as if they are baiting the viewers with this)...Trying to make us think it's all over, but the suprises have yet to begin...I think they did that on purpose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
You see this is exactly what they want us to think...You honestly believe Ryruk is just gonna be continially bored for the remainder of the series...They used Ryruk as an extention of the audience when he said that...There's no other explanation for having a character in the story say he's bored now that L is dead...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2007-04-16 at 11:46. Reason: syntax..
Old 2007-04-16, 14:24   Link #62
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

recaps sucks.
the rest was great.

Spoiler:

oh, and btw.. Raito RULES!
Old 2007-04-16, 22:57   Link #63
ThisIsDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Continuing with this episode, the last few minutes where Light took control and yet again weaved his uncomparable power via the artistry of penmanship was awesome...Yes I'm beginning to hate him aswell, but within that hate is admiration for the gall of this guy truley believing he's doing God's will (with him being God that is)...Deathnote is the only anime ever where someone writting something in a notebook can have the feel and vision of something epic (and that's the feeling I got from the last scene)...Boy I know Light is gonna pay the devil at some point, because he's killing so many innocent people to cover his tracks and no matter how you look at it there is nothing devine in that...
I think Light is doing what he thinks is right like all of us, he started a revolution by doing this and in a revolution is really hard to expect no innocent ppl get invole and got kill. Compare to many revolutions in the history it obviously surprisingly less innocent ppl die. Is not like Raito come out and say I won the battle against L and now ppl gotta obey me or die (That's what 2nd Kira was doing). Raito is more smart than that, he wants everyone slowly understand the ideas.
Old 2007-04-16, 23:21   Link #64
Keenakiss

Can't wait for episode 27!

I'm going through withdrawal now! I need more. Was the last episode trying to say that L and Light were in an orphanage together? Are they trying to imply that they are brothers? And it seems as though L had Watari and some other elders to watch over him. I think that they are gonna bring Light down because L could have possibly tranferred all his files and info about the investigation to these elders.
When is the next episode gonna come out! I can't wait!
Old 2007-04-17, 01:34   Link #65
mycen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenakiss View Post
Was the last episode trying to say that L and Light were in an orphanage together? Are they trying to imply that they are brothers?
Where did you get such an impression? No, L and Light are not brothers. All those scenes showed as L flashbacks to when he was raised as an ophan when he was younger... usually these happen as a prelude to death
Old 2007-04-17, 09:50   Link #66
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsDream View Post
I think Light is doing what he thinks is right like all of us, he started a revolution by doing this and in a revolution is really hard to expect no innocent ppl get invole and got kill. Compare to many revolutions in the history it obviously surprisingly less innocent ppl die. Is not like Raito come out and say I won the battle against L and now ppl gotta obey me or die (That's what 2nd Kira was doing). Raito is more smart than that, he wants everyone slowly understand the ideas.
Well I believe in his own twisted way Light started off with something potentially rightous (however arrogant and skewed his thinking was) but once he started to engage L it turned into more of a high stakes game than a devine judgment, to the point he became intoxicated with winning over the standard of his jaded divinity...With L gone now he is sheepishly killing all loose ends whether those people are deserving or not is incosequential to his desire to wipe them out to simply cover his bases...If his motivations are the greater good that's one thing if it's a "pay for getting in my way" kill-a-thon that's something else...Either way I've lost the sense that Light walks that fine line in any way now...
Old 2007-04-17, 10:42   Link #67
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenakiss View Post
I'm going through withdrawal now! I need more. Was the last episode trying to say that L and Light were in an orphanage together? Are they trying to imply that they are brothers?
Huh? What?
Old 2007-04-17, 14:11   Link #68
mycen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Well I believe in his own twisted way Light started off with something potentially rightous (however arrogant and skewed his thinking was) but once he started to engage L it turned into more of a high stakes game than a devine judgment, to the point he became intoxicated with winning over the standard of his jaded divinity...With L gone now he is sheepishly killing all loose ends whether those people are deserving or not is incosequential to his desire to wipe them out to simply cover his bases...If his motivations are the greater good that's one thing if it's a "pay for getting in my way" kill-a-thon that's something else...Either way I've lost the sense that Light walks that fine line in any way now...
While Light started off with a fine sense of justice, I believe the use of Death Note has ultimately corrupted him.
When Light lost his memories, he was against the idea of using misa to flush out kira. However, Light has no such prohibitions when he was back in possesion of the death note.
If L had used the Death Note, he too might have been corrupted by it...
Old 2007-04-17, 16:01   Link #69
ThisIsDream

Without any flaws, no people got killed everything goes perfect while the world changing to a better place do not seem realistic to me. Animes like Kenshin stopping a bullet by a sword, crashing an enormous organization without anyone get dying may be more satisfied somehow.
Old 2007-04-17, 16:01   Link #70
Madmanslitany

I don't think L would have been corrupted had he used it; part of the point of the Yotsuba Arc is to show that Light was a good guy, but that his ideals were already laying the groundwork for his corruption. Light, even before finding the Death Note, thought that the world needed to be "cleaned up" in a very dramatic way. So, when he gets a killing tool unprecedented in human experience, he starts aggressively pursuing what he believed might be right all along.

L meanwhile is all about upholding the law and punishing criminals within the confines of the justice system (he may stretch the rules a little bit when it comes to catching them, but he doesn't believe it's his place to judge them, hence why he's not all that interested in the conversations about what will be done with Kira after he's caught). And that's why despite the ruthlessness of some of his moves (sacrificing Lind L. Tailor, for instance), the Death Note would not corrupt him. He's not after power, unlike Light/Kira.
Old 2007-04-20, 10:04   Link #71
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are 15 and devoid of the adult mind to truley get this series if you continue to call the plot crap...
And you're the one with the adult mind? I'm sorry for you. Because...of course, this anime is clearly aimed at adults... Oh, God, this is so ridiculous.
Old 2007-04-20, 10:22   Link #72
Ryuuzaki
Dark Intellect

Did Light just kill of every news reporter to appear in Death Note with his killing spree? If he did, that just makes no sense at all. >.> Especially since that didn't happen in the manga...and they don't exactly prove any theat to him...that, and how was he able to find every single's one name...and Aiber and Wedy's too.
Old 2007-04-20, 12:12   Link #73
Maelstrom_Divide
N/A

Hm, I'm about to watch twenty seven but my thoughts so far:

I'm not exactly in favor of the time skip, it took me as a shock and I was thoroughly disappointed.

My hunch is that those two children at the end are detectives similar to L, I take this from the setting they seem to be present in, the fact that they were informed of the death of L and the complexity of the puzzle that one of them was completing.
Closed Thread