AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-20, 13:45   Link #101
Shadow5YA

Some artists have a very unique coloring style. For the eroge's style, I think it would be too much to expect it to be completely identical.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 16:31   Link #102
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
Eh art isn't nearly as good as the VN's and thats what made me interested in this to begin with well besides aniplex's involvement.
The visual novel had an interesting art style (particularly the color palette and colouring style), but to be honest the actual drawings themselves were a bit inconsistent in terms of the quality, anatomy, etc. I'm not sure how easy it would be to represent that art style accurately in anime. I think the art used for the anime is a pretty good compromise that looks pretty close to the game (at least to me), but will be easier to represent in motion... and that's basically the requirement for anime character designs. Looking nice in still shots is one thing, but motion is the point for anime.

By the way, for people who want to discuss the game or have questions about it, there already is a thread for it.
Old 2012-06-20, 17:17   Link #103
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... just watched the 90 second preview (the OP?) and was ... well ... charmed. It looks really good.

Hope it lives up to the pv.
Old 2012-06-20, 19:14   Link #104
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Writer Takayama Katsuhiko has done several Silver Link shows (ef, Baka to Test, Natsu no Arashi, Tasogare Otome, as well as Mirai Nikki and Shaft's Natsu no Arashi). Director Kitahata Tooru is doing his first full show, but directed several eps each of OreImo and Haganai. Seems promising.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 00:49   Link #105
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Compared to the initial PV with the Cieu song this CM made it look pretty awful and generic. Skirt flinging, jiggling breasts, lolis with >.< faces... ugh.

Will see when the actual show airs, but hopefully when it does, it's more align to what the first pv was like because that was miles ahead better than this.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 12:15   Link #106
Debeki

Debeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 12:23   Link #107
Pocari_Sweat

Lolz, Okazaki VA as the main character of a harem anime once again. Where is dat punching bag (aka Sunohara) to go along with it?

Back to serious mode, new PV is meh, but better than the two CMs that I was actually disgusted at. Still, not really fond of the atmosphere portrayed. However, with the exception of gainax boobs for some of the female characters, the designs are really nice. Definitely better than Kokoro Connect's or Tari Tari's which seem to be the other big name slice of life's this season.

Guess I'll watch for dem visuals.
Old 2012-06-29, 12:26   Link #108
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Lolz, Okazaki VA as the main character of a harem anime once again. Where is dat punching bag (aka Sunohara) to go along with it?

Back to serious mode, new PV is meh, better than the two CMs that I was actually disgusted at. Still not really fond of the atmosphere portrayed. However, with the exception of gainax boobs for some of the female characters, the designs are really nice. Definitely better than Kokoro Connect's or Tari Tari's which seem to be the other big name slice of life's this season.

Hope that it will be lighthearted for a few episodes before degenerating into a big pile of teen angst drama.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 12:29   Link #109
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Hope that it will be lighthearted for a few episodes before degenerating into a big pile of teen angst drama.
Someone doesn't like melodrama much either

But yeh, hopefully I can squeeze out as much eye-candy and luls if it indeed turns mediocre. But of course, if it somehow turns out to be decent throughout (like Mashi-iro Symphony was), then all the better.

Sorry for being pessmisitc folks
Old 2012-06-29, 12:34   Link #110
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

According to the official website four main heroines of the upcoming fairys (the company behind KoiChoco) game Ima Sugu Onii-chan ni Imouto da tte Iitai! will serve as cameo characters in the anime.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-06-29, 13:03   Link #111
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

The PV makes everything a lot more energetic than I expected, and I didn't watch the prior PVs so I wasn't expecting the bounce at all . Otherwise, though, the production values look decent, and it looks like a fun friendship story and I love those. As far as harems or school life stories this summer go, I think I'm most excited for this one.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 13:05   Link #112
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
The PV makes everything a lot more energetic than I expected, and I didn't watch the prior PVs so I wasn't expecting the bounce at all . Otherwise, though, the production values look decent, and it looks like a fun friendship story and I love those. As far as harems or school life stories this summer go, I think I'm most excited for this one.
PV1:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

When I first saw this, I was quite impressed... unfortunately the CMs that followed this were rather terrible and the current second PV is kinda meh.
Old 2012-06-29, 13:13   Link #113
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
PV1:
[yt]QhgpMWRqbmE[yt]

When I first saw this, I was quite impressed... unfortunately the CMs that followed this were rather terrible and this second PV was kinda meh.
Actually, I think I remember this one. That might be why I didn't expect such an energetic trailer. Eufonius makes everything mellow. As for the CMs, I don't think I'll watch them after hearing that .

What did you see in this first trailer that impressed you so much, by the way? Other than the change in mood, it seems like it's just introducing the characters to me. If I look past the song in the second trailer, I feel like I got a better sense of how the pacing in each scene will go.
Old 2012-06-29, 13:16   Link #114
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Actually, I think I remember this one. That might be why I didn't expect such an energetic trailer. Eufonius makes everything mellow. As for the CMs, I don't think I'll watch them after hearing that .
It's actually Cieu

Quote:
What did you see in this first trailer that impressed you so much, by the way? Other than the change in mood, it seems like it's just introducing the characters to me. If I look past the song in the second trailer, I feel like I got a better sense of how the pacing in each scene will go.
Hmm... well the 2nd PV still had the Gainax boob factor (oversized and jiggling), which by default makes me want to facepalm whenever it comes up in anime . Secondly, some of the voices aren't what I personally wanted. Like Isara Aomi's character... really don't like that high-pitched kouhei kind of voice.

Guess some things are left better for imagination.
Old 2012-06-29, 13:29   Link #115
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
It's actually Cieu

Hmm... well the 2nd PV still had the Gainax boob factor, which by default makes me want to facepalm whenever it comes up in anime . Secondly, some of the voices aren't what I personally wanted. Like Isara Aomi's character... really really don't like that high-pitched kouhei kind of voice.

Guess some things are left better for imagination.
Dang, I always mix up Ceui and Eufonius...

Yeah, I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of the boob bounce either. I understand its place in fanservice anime, but I guess I don't see the appeal of it in series like this. We can only hope it isn't used too often, I guess.

For some reason, now that you've brought up her voice and I've rewatched the scene, I can't help but think of Ayu from Kanon .
Old 2012-07-01, 00:29   Link #116
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:

Back to serious mode, new PV is meh, but better than the two CMs that I was actually disgusted at. Still, not really fond of the atmosphere portrayed. However, with the exception of gainax boobs for some of the female characters, the designs are really nice. Definitely better than Kokoro Connect's or Tari Tari's which seem to be the other big name slice of life's this season.

really really really ok then all we like expy/shout out to clannad with hey another sunohara clone ok then i'm in just how many eps will it be?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 00:33   Link #117
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
For some reason, now that you've brought up her voice and I've rewatched the scene, I can't help but think of Ayu from Kanon .
Haha, you're so right. Particularly at the fact both characters bump into the MC and make him fall over. Though the exception is, I don't recall Ayu having boobs .
Old 2012-07-01, 01:15   Link #118
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
really really really ok then all we like expy/shout out to clannad with hey another sunohara clone ok then i'm in just how many eps will it be?
I will hope for 12 episodes !
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-07-01, 09:22   Link #119
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

The animation in that 2nd PV is disappointing. :/ The char designs also look pretty meh.
Old 2012-07-01, 09:45   Link #120
Mazryonh

Unless the Amagami or Yosuga no Sora format is going to be used, I don't think Yuu Asakawa's character (Satsuki) is going to "win."
Spoiler for Majikoi:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-01 at 13:16. Reason: added spoiler tags for reference to another show
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen