AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 115 52.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 17.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 16.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 3.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 3.18%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.45%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.27%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-16, 12:07   Link #261
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Indeed. Mr. Bushido is in it for the LOLs, only the LOLs, and nothing but the LOLs.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 13:09   Link #262
ila-chan
ermmm...

My.... goodness!

Tieria... so... womanly! Gotta love that dress. More convinced about Innovators being sexless humanoid; he fits into any clothes, male or female (never mind that except for the suit and the CB uniform, he'd always wore pink. Or girlish colour. And girlish style clothing)

Finally, the boy-and-girl-stuck-together scene ended quite nicely... With a little damage to the boy, as expected. (Setsuna, when are you making your move?)

Mr Bushido... its hard to find a man with so much pride and honor these day... Wonder if he would suddenly snap and become 'Ali (f*** you) No.2?
ila-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 13:21   Link #263
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

You know, it occurs to me that this makes Graham the first in a number of areas this series.

-First to beat a Meister in one of the new gundams, period.
-First in this series to outright beat (not draw, not tie, not be forced to run away from reinforcements) a Meister in one-on-one combat.

And, most importantly,

-First person to triumph over Trans-Am by an un-damaged Gundam.

Ali better show his stuff, and quick, or Graham may very well take back the title as "best pilot" in 00.
Old 2008-11-16, 13:36   Link #264
NyxOne

Well, it's a reverse of S1 in this regard. Ali showed his stuff real early on whereas we had to wait to see just what Graham could do. Here, it's the inverse of that.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 13:39   Link #265
neoguyver3

Klaus's reaction to the Marinia breakdown was interesting. Was that jealousy he showed towards Shirin and Marinia friendship?
neoguyver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 13:43   Link #266
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Well, it's a reverse of S1 in this regard. Ali showed his stuff real early on whereas we had to wait to see just what Graham could do. Here, it's the inverse of that.
Yeah that's how i'm looking at it, though i hope it's not that long until Ali makes his appearance again. He needs to carry on making an impact like he did in pretty much all his battles in the first season.
Old 2008-11-16, 13:47   Link #267
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
someone neg repped me for this post

Quote:
sunrise sure like this plot
stick two enemies (always a guy and a girl) alone somewhere and have them interact
athuran - cagalli
shin - steller
lelouch - euphie
suzaku - kallen
and now halleluja - marie
and thats only the ones i can name (not really that big of a gundam fan)
they wrote down "frog in a well"
i dont care about the neg rep
but could someone please tell me what that means
Old 2008-11-16, 13:47   Link #268
Ryuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
You know, it occurs to me that this makes Graham the first in a number of areas this series.

-First to beat a Meister in one of the new gundams, period.
-First in this series to outright beat (not draw, not tie, not be forced to run away from reinforcements) a Meister in one-on-one combat.

And, most importantly,

-First person to triumph over Trans-Am by an un-damaged Gundam.

Ali better show his stuff, and quick, or Graham may very well take back the title as "best pilot" in 00.
Well in Setsunas defense, clearly mr Bushido has a superior mobile suit as it's armor can deflect 00 gundams "gunsword" blasts with ease whereas in episode 2 we saw that it blasted a standard Ahead to pieces.

The only thing the 00 Gundam had going for it was Trans-am(hax mode)
Ryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 13:54   Link #269
ThoHell

hmm..so real hot romance finally going in this series, not bad not bad....

rest of the episode was eh ok.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 13:57   Link #270
rebel one
Do the Monkey

I knew it! 00 was gonna blow. Mr.Bushido is either a very honorable man among a bunch of scum(A-Laws) or is really bored. The AlXMarie was a bit rushed if you ask me but still good. Sergei is a good of a man as ever.

I am umm.... very conflicted about..... the beautiful WOMAN in the preview.
rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 14:08   Link #271
Flame-X
Anti-fan

I agree that Alle and Marie/Soma resolved too quickly. Mr. Bushido is an honorable man because he IS the samurai of the series. As for the rest of the ep, I gave it a 7/10.

As for the insert song, I thought it was crap and didn't fit the scene at all.
Old 2008-11-16, 14:12   Link #272
Galerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
Let me reiterate my point. He wasn't out there to destroy 00, but he was trying to regain his pride through defeating 00 honorably. If he was to attack the disabled 00 just to avoid taking risks, then he would be defeating his entire purpose of taking part in the mission or staying with A-Laws in the first place.
I was more referring to enemies in general (in defense of Lindt's character, eventhough he is an A-hole)

I actually thought Vallen Chaos Valiant really nailed it with the 'script' post (more glorious battle, less honour). So please don't defend that point on my account: I agree.
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 14:15   Link #273
zalem

The resolution of Alle and Soma/Marie so soon does not bode well at all. It's too early. I'm afraid something bad might happen to one or both of them. They have no real plot shield anymore now that their backstory is finished and their relationship resolved. Sergei's chances of dying are sky high too. He's just too good a guy and I can see Lindt doing something nasty.
Old 2008-11-16, 14:17   Link #274
Bombo
TSF Fans

Well
We know all the story between marie and alle..And this episode show us what happen alle/hle in littel ship
Its clear now, Alle finish and waiting for others ....teria "!!!!" lol
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 14:19   Link #275
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I can understand why people are a bit meh regarding Soma and Alleujah past story being resolved too early, though i think it's better then being pulled along with the rest of the story. It would just mean whenever they met in battle, we'd be seeing the same thing from the two of them over and over.

With it over and done with early, we don't have to see that. Zalem does have a point that their plot shields are gone now, so we can go back to worrying what may happened to the two.

Sergei has always had the death flag surrounding him. I was thinking back during the last few episodes of the first season that he was going to die then.
Old 2008-11-16, 14:21   Link #276
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
someone neg repped me for this post

they wrote down "frog in a well"
i dont care about the neg rep
but could someone please tell me what that means
"Frog in a well" is a proverb in China (and Japan too I assume) that means a person with limited perspective, who can't see beyond what they know in the world. Basically how like a frog at the bottom of the well can only see the small patch of sky visible from the mouth of the well.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 14:23   Link #277
NyxOne

Just because Lindt slapped Sergei across the face doesn't mean he'll bloody kill 'im, you know.
Old 2008-11-16, 14:28   Link #278
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Just because Lindt slapped Sergei across the face doesn't mean he'll bloody kill 'im, you know.
I never said Sergei has the death flag because of that slap, it's going nothing to do with it.

It's rather obvious why he does, and i'll be very surprised if he survives this show. If he does, then i'll be smiling.
Old 2008-11-16, 14:29   Link #279
NyxOne

Well, yeah...but, just saying. Aside from that telling-off, Lindt doesn't really care about Smirnov all that much to 'deal' with him.
Old 2008-11-16, 14:45   Link #280
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuk View Post
Well in Setsunas defense, clearly mr Bushido has a superior mobile suit as it's armor can deflect 00 gundams "gunsword" blasts with ease whereas in episode 2 we saw that it blasted a standard Ahead to pieces.

The only thing the 00 Gundam had going for it was Trans-am(hax mode)
Hm? Not really. At this point, most upper-tier GN-suits can endure/shrug off beam blasts: that's been true since season one, with the GN-X's and the Gundams both being able to shrug off long-distance blows. Mr. Bushido's mech, at best, is near-par with the 00; it doesn't have a twin-drive system to square the output, it only has one main weapon, and it has no ranged ability.