AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Bakemonogatari - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 33 27.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 40.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 18.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 9.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.82%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.64%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-20, 19:26   Link #101
Dextro
He Without a Title

Great episode but I fell I liked the animation in this episode less than the last one... I don't know if I'm just being picky but I thought most of the episode felt off... Hanekawa looked different from the past episodes and "arararagi"'s animation also had some mishaps that threw me off... Still it was better than the lack of animation in the latter half of episode 10 but the first half of last weeks episode looked better to me but people tell me I'm strange and have equally strange tastes hehe :P

But Neko-Hanekawa is cute and so is Nadeko-chan so that sort of covers the total lack of my dear Senjoguhara-sama for too long!!!

I WANTS MY SENJOGUHARA-SAMA!!! :P
Old 2009-09-20, 20:07   Link #102
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
Yea, Senjougahara needs another appearance.

Loved the episode, didn't get the references,loved the re-cap about Tsubasa Cat, can't wait for 12.
haha.. yeah.. I don't know anything about Doreoman (sp?). You could tell that it was a good joke from his reaction though. I missed their parodies.. they only did a few but they were so good.. love the FMA one, Senjougahara is so awesome.
Old 2009-09-20, 20:35   Link #103
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
I didn't get ANY references at all.

If they made some more popular ones, like Haruhi references (maybe they did and I missed them) that'd be cool.
Old 2009-09-20, 20:41   Link #104
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:

If they made some more popular ones, like Haruhi references (maybe they did and I missed them) that'd be cool.
Most of them were in the first few episodes. If you've ever seen Fullmetal Alchemist (if you haven't watch the one that's airing now.. skip the first series, lol) you know that alchemy is about equivalent exchange.. as in you can't make water from carbon since its not made of carbon. I think it was episode two when Senjougahara was introducing herself to Oshino. I'm not going to describe the whole thing.. watch it at the 17th minute mark. Its hilarious in my opinion, especially FMA: Brotherhood is airing now too.
Old 2009-09-20, 20:44   Link #105
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Oh yea, I remember now, something like:

"....5g of hiding my embarrassment..."etc etc
Old 2009-09-20, 21:16   Link #106
xKeen

This episode had quite a lot of ~nya's. The doraemon references were funny from sengoku and the reaction arararagi had~nya.The next episode is the last ep huh,I can't get enough of sengoku,shinobu and kanbaru~nya.
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 21:21   Link #107
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Finally got around to watch the episode.

Quite crushed to see that Hanekawa leads a sad life at home. The whole thing about taking walks to avoid being at home was hinted in previous arcs, but I never imagined it was this bad.

No wonder she wants to travel around the world the moment school ends. >_<
Old 2009-09-20, 21:36   Link #108
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Hanekawa is totally cute nya!!! If only she had the initiative to tell her feelings for Araragi, they would have been lovers instead of Senjougahara. Kinda reminds me of Toujou Aya when she realizes that it was too late to confess. The references are funny, but somehow I like the Araragi x Kanbaru comedy pair better.
pseudonhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 22:22   Link #109
zato_1one

I also demand more Senjougahara from now on. The episode was great but I didn't feel attach to both Hanekawa and Nadeko much. I'm curious about Shinobu. What was she thinking when she stared at Nadeko? She looked like she wasn't happy seeing her. Considering that she helped Hanekawa before. I think that she may have some important roles again in this arc.

Did her ears like that from the start or was it because she sucked blood from that cat? I also wonder what did the cat mean when she said that "If you don't deal with it within a year"? Did she mean about Hanekawa's stress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
haha.. yeah.. I don't know anything about Doreoman (sp?). You could tell that it was a good joke from his reaction though. I missed their parodies.. they only did a few but they were so good.. love the FMA one, Senjougahara is so awesome.
Quote:

You didn't know about Doraemon!?! Oh boy, I just realized that I'm getting old now.
Old 2009-09-20, 23:31   Link #110
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I also wonder what did the cat mean when she said that "If you don't deal with it within a year"? Did she mean about Hanekawa's stress?
I think that one is [gg]'s mistranslation, the correct translation of that line, if I remembered it correctly, should be something among "I have to release another year's worth of stress" or are you referring to a different line?
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 00:05   Link #111
suka-pon-tan

So is this her last appearance for TV broadcast

I Hope not....
suka-pon-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 01:23   Link #112
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
I think that one is [gg]'s mistranslation, the correct translation of that line, if I remembered it correctly, should be something among "I have to release another year's worth of stress" or are you referring to a different line?
Yeah, I think we mean the same line. Thanks for clarification.

BTW, I'm still not sure why Araragi did that to Nadeko. It's definitely sexual harassment.
Old 2009-09-21, 01:29   Link #113
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Yeah, I think we mean the same line. Thanks for clarification.

BTW, I'm still not sure why Araragi did that to Nadeko. It's definitely sexual harassment.
If I remember right, he was try to move her bangs out of her eyes, but she evaded so he grabbed the hem of her skirt. Sengoku isn't a loli and she isn't an adult so Koyomi would have no interest.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 04:19   Link #114
Pachael
原作通り

Good to see more of Sengoku this ep.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 04:36   Link #115
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Sengoku isn't a loli
I'd easily say she falls into the loli category.
Old 2009-09-21, 06:01   Link #116
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:

You mean to tell me than an anime that has been going on since 1979 isn't well known? Trust me, it's way more well known than Haruhi (course it's a kids show and I haven't watched since I was like 13 or something).

Still it was a very good joke, took me back to when I used to watch Doraemon dubbed in Spanish xD
Old 2009-09-21, 07:49   Link #117
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Very easily im not sure why others dont think so. I actually liked the fact that stress has caused Hanekawa's oddity to manifest. Stress is something we all deal with on a regular basis so deal with it better than others and then there are those that dont deal with it all and let it build up. Needless to say those are the ones you dont want to be in the office that day when they snap.

As much as i enjoy Hanekawa im really missing Hitagi now. I feel her interaction with Araragi are the best to watch hopefully she makes an appearance soon and longer than 1 or 2 min.
Old 2009-09-21, 07:51   Link #118
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

I add my voice to the Senjouhara lovers' that are missing their goddess. Even Neko-Hanekawa can't compete (I actually prefer the "normal Hanekawa, like shown in the book shop couple of eps ago).

Anyway once again that longs conversations make Bakemonogatari so interesting. For example the one between Hanekawa and Araragi at the beginning, dealing about Hanekawa's family issues or the one in front of the school with Nadeko.

I fond pretty funny that Araragi looked so disturbed by Hanekawa getting hurt by her step father knowing that he was actually enjoying fighting with Hakijuri.
And his pervert self loosing to Nadeko's cuteness was priceless too.

This is really what I'm enjoying in this anime. More than the "oddities business".
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 07:51   Link #119
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
The Doraemon reference was somehow used quite extensively and I had a good laugh at it. Way to go my childhood.

Anyway, I find the "next ep preview" 's lines somewhat amusing, in one of the scenes:

"Damn annoying sisters with a brother complex!"

... Now I want to dig the story behind this, if it's true. Clues anyone?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 07:53   Link #120
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
If I remember right, he was try to move her bangs out of her eyes, but she evaded so he grabbed the hem of her skirt. Sengoku isn't a loli and she isn't an adult so Koyomi would have no interest.
Is that why? I was wondering how he ended up picking up her skirt. She would let him too thinking "If its Koyomi onii-chan then its okay" or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hmm.. middle school girl.. yeah.. she's a loli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
As much as i enjoy Hanekawa im really missing Hitagi now. I feel her interaction with Araragi are the best to watch hopefully she makes an appearance soon and longer than 1 or 2 min.
I really wished we had Hitagi interact with Sengoku.. I was so hoping it was her walking up to them outside of the school.. it would be gold.