Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-09, 17:31   Link #81
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 09 - Pretty Cure Discovered?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Burst View Post
I don't believe it. Masuko struck me as a sharp kid, but I can't believe that they story writers would pull something worse than Clark Kent on us. I would have preferred it if Masuko immediately knew Precure's identities, and just decided to keep their secret.
Probably I am awared that I will receive a scolding for complaining about the unreal DEUS-EX-MACHINA the writers pulled out in order to make Masuko forget about Pretty Cure.

I am as well appalled and unhappy with the outcome. With Masuko's sharp intuition and reporter sense, I was hoping she would be a regular character for this series but seemingly that would not be the case. Maybe, she'll return in about other 20 episodes again.

Spoiler:

I am also of your opinion, that she should have found out the identities of Pretty Cure, or a more plausible solution to the dilemma would had been for either Nuts or Coco to cast a memory charm on her to delete her memories on what she saw that day.

It is obvious that TOEI is playing or toying with the magic-girl genre rules (not bending them), but those guys should at least come with some believable DEUS-EX-MACHINA stuff.

And after watching this episode I was struck with an epiphany. That may well be a high possibility for a sixth Pretty Cure character appearing, but that would be around the second half of this series. Probably, around the late 20's or early 30's of episodes.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 20:46   Link #82
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
And after watching this episode I was struck with an epiphany. That may well be a high possibility for a sixth Pretty Cure character appearing, but that would be around the second half of this series. Probably, around the late 20's or early 30's of episodes.
What would give you that idea?

Spoiler:
Maximum Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 21:12   Link #83
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
What would give you that idea?

Spoiler:
Cure GeGeGe?
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 01:28   Link #84
sb075

From Gintama episode 50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGV43BZu8fU
sb075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 09:47   Link #85
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
I don't believe it. Masuko struck me as a sharp kid, but I can't believe that they story writers would pull something worse than Clark Kent on us. I would have preferred it if Masuko immediately knew Precure's identities, and just decided to keep their secret.
It does come off as rather odd, but I guess in the end they decided rather than a serious scene to solve the dilemma they'd instead use a humorous scene. Which as shown can backfire. I'm not sure what to think about it myself. Other than to say hopefully they won't make a habit of it.
Old 2007-04-11, 14:38   Link #86
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Cure Scoop ?
Old 2007-04-11, 19:57   Link #87
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:

Cure Scoop ?
Did you get that pic from 2chan? I remember seeing it somewhere, but I forgot from where.
Old 2007-04-14, 18:39   Link #88
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 10 - Save the Starving Nuts

Have we come that far into the storyline? I mean it's been almost three months since Pretty Cure 5 began, and the show has already reached its 10th episode.

What surprises me is the activity going smoothly at this thread and that is due thanks to Arienai fansubs, since they continue to be consistent with their episode releases.
I once again thank you so much for the hard work Arienai

Spoiler:

I wonder if this episode tried to make a reference or a mock to all the publicity and merchandising the Pretty Cure franchise gets from TOEI to its target audience?
It's certain that Pretty Cure is still popular among girls from the 4-12 age group, but I heard that the effect of the whole franchise is wanning away.

On another note, I have already caught up with Arienais' releases for Max Heart. Took quite long.
Old 2007-04-14, 18:50   Link #89
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Have we come that far into the storyline? I mean it's been almost three months since Pretty Cure 5 began, and the show has already reached its 10th episode.

What surprises me is the activity going smoothly at this thread and that is due thanks to Arienai fansubs, since they continue to be consistent with their episode releases.
I once again thank you so much for the hard work Arienai

Spoiler:

I wonder if this episode tried to make a reference or a mock to all the publicity and merchandising the Pretty Cure franchise gets from TOEI to its target audience?
It's certain that Pretty Cure is still popular among girls from the 4-12 age group, but I heard that the effect of the whole franchise is wanning away.

On another note, I have already caught up with Arienais' releases for Max Heart. Took quite long.
If ratings I've seen are any indication, Yes! has reenvigorated the franchise, garning about 25-50% higher ratings than splash star did (about what max heart did near the end). Whether that has translated into merchandise sales, etc, I'm not sure.

And by the way, the "timely" release is due to me deciding to prioritize speed and not fancy typesetting or multi-layered editing/qcing.

I download the ep, translate it and time it simultaneously, typeset it (which generally is nothing more than a sign or two and coloring the character's text with find/replace), make a qc encode and alert my 2 qcers. They get back to me in a few days and I final encode it and release. The encode itself takes longer than the rest of the process for me . They aren't the best scripts I've ever made, but they're pretty good and the show is quite simple, plus, I like keeping up with the airing, it's a good feeling.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-04-15, 13:38   Link #90
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Maybe I fail at the internet or something, but I just can't seem to find any good sites with Precure art. I know of this place

http://diary.fc2.com/cgi-sys/ed.cgi/kazuharoom/

and the art is good except that some of it is too "fanservicey" for me.

I've come across these at 4chan:

(Random Evil Kaoru)

but I can't find the artist sources for them.

There's also this that I found:

And I would really like to have the whole set.
Old 2007-04-23, 16:20   Link #91
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Ok, I'm in. I really didn't want to start another magical girl show (Considering I never was a 'SM' fan, but started with 'PC'). But...

I watched ep. 10 this past Sat. and I have to agree that this installment has definitely revitalized the franchise. It's like they took everything they could find in most shows and combined them to make this show. I do like the way that all 5 characters have their own personality. The oddest combination having 2 3rd years, 2 seconds and 1 first all hanging out. And while 'Nozomi' sort of reminds me of 'Arika' from 'Otome', she's pretty gung-ho when it comes to getting the job done. And is relentless if anything downright scary when her mind is made up. The fact that the gang gave her leadership and her managing to live up to it was surprising. Not only that but the support her team-mates gave when she came up with a plan that worked. Well, only in a kid show. Episode 10 was the one that convinced me.

Not to mention having cute animals that turn into cute guys which plenty of chances to make tons of "naughty" jokes. Even the grandmother 'PC' didn't have that. Seems like 'PC' to 'MH' and 'Ye5! Might be the ones. Not saying 'SS' wasn't bad either but it doesn't have what the others have. And that's not necessarily a bad thing considering the audience it was aimed at.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 18:07   Link #92
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
They can call it Tom, Dick and Harry's (no-not Potter)wild escapade and I'll still watch it-mascot creatures, lolicon magical girls and all-I was hooked on the originial series when I saw it at a local anime clubs meeting 3 years ago-goofy ending theme and all.
Old 2007-04-30, 18:18   Link #93
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I will say this much in response to episode 13.

Spoiler for 13:
Old 2007-04-30, 18:27   Link #94
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
I will say this much in response to episode 13.

Spoiler for 13:
Yeah, I guess we know where that particular aspect of Nagisa's personality went. I.e. the "don't make her mad" part...
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-04-30, 23:30   Link #95
mintyfresh
Altoid

Quote:
There's also this that I found:

And I would really like to have the whole set.
mintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 09:37   Link #96
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyfresh View Post
Hmmm...Looking at the page numbers, there's got to be other ones. The styles of these and the style of the one I posted seems different. Oh well. I'm still loving these. Thanks!
Old 2007-05-02, 19:41   Link #97
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 11 - Nozomi and Coco's Hot-Air Balloon

I really missed you guys from Arienai fansubs over the past two weeks. Thanks to you the thread is back to business.

I do have my complain concerning the animation issues for this episode, as it was plainly bad. I really dislike when the animation staff is rotated or changed, and I was fearing it would happen for this season and did.

Fortunately, this episode has a lot of strong points to its favor that made me interested and enjoyed it.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-03, 02:12   Link #98
molitar

What surprises me is this one being subbed even before season 2 and 3 are even finished.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 02:16   Link #99
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
What surprises me is this one being subbed even before season 2 and 3 are even finished.
Why not? It's fun and it's really a completely different series.

As long as I plan on finishing max heart too, I don't see an issue with it.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-05-03, 04:38   Link #100
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Why not? It isn't as though season 2, 3 or 4 have any relationship with each other.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magical girl, school life