AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-02, 19:10   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei LN - Predictions for Beyond the Current Volume

The purpose of this thread is to discuss your speculation and theories on the future direction of the plot of Mahouka beyond the most recent volume. So, to participate in this thread, you are expected to already be familiar with the most recent volume and everything before it, so there is no need for spoiler tags. However, please do not post actual teasers/spoilers about future content in this thread; this should only be for your own speculation and theories, not spoilers.

Once the next set of content is released, please discuss what happens in the appropriate thread for that content. A new thread can be created for speculation on what happens after that. You can, however, post again in this thread if you want to report in on what aspects of your speculation came true (and perhaps where you went horribly wrong!).

Please stay on-topic.
  • No shipping talk
  • No pointless chatter
  • No posting raws or source illustrations
  • No posting translations of the source itself
  • No asking about when translations will be done
  • No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
  • No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 08:05   Link #2
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

I'll go with first blood of question then, in next 9 competition...
Spoiler for :
Old 2014-04-04, 08:26   Link #3
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
I'll go with first blood of question then, in next 9 competition...
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for answer:

I want to see Minami in Icicle destruction competing against Izumi. The Black Fairy Ayako must be nice tooo
Old 2014-04-04, 08:43   Link #4
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Drill hair style in black with big PLOT vs android like imutou-cousin maid....
if only there's battle royale with Snow blizzard queen ...
Old 2014-04-04, 11:27   Link #5
Lazy cat

after using so much his powerfull magics tatsuya will probably be sick at the end at the novel, probably in vegetative estate, or somehow his mind migth become traped within the information dimension.
not want that to happen i'm just speculating
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 12:40   Link #6
Galacticichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
after using so much his powerfull magics tatsuya will probably be sick at the end at the novel, probably in vegetative estate, or somehow his mind migth become traped within the information dimension.
I don't think so because using his power thus far hasn't had any bad affect on his body or mind. Compared to when Miyuki uses Cocytus, after Tatsuya uses MB or Decomposition he doesn't feel anything. Regrowth may be the only thing since he is taking that pain x fold but even that isn't permanent pain.
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 15:52   Link #7
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticichi View Post
I don't think so because using his power thus far hasn't had any bad affect on his body or mind. Compared to when Miyuki uses Cocytus, after Tatsuya uses MB or Decomposition he doesn't feel anything. Regrowth may be the only thing since he is taking that pain x fold but even that isn't permanent pain.
That doesn't mean much though since his gramps was fine until he had already overreached his limits, and his mother spent a decade abusing her power before she was actually hospitalized. I personally believe he's already shaved decades off his natural life span.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-04-05 at 05:08. Reason: removed non-speculation
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 17:08   Link #8
Echizen777

Quote:
For this to happen, he would need to be in a situation where he will be using them a lot in a short period of time, so much that it will overload his MCA. And it never happened during his fights.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 17:34   Link #9
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
Some real interesting and shocking things there, assuming that's legit.

That doesn't mean much though since his gramps was fine until he had already overreached his limits, and his mother spent a decade abusing her power before she was actually hospitalized. I personally believe he's already shaved decades off his natural life span.
That's actually overusing their magic. Tatsuya hasn't been overusing his at all. His Regrowth only causes pain when he uses it on others and he's only used it for two battles so far. Also, unlike Mio, Tatsuya's got a strong, healthy body and Material Burst is really no harder to cast than a regular spell.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-04-05 at 05:09. Reason: removed spoilers
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 18:17   Link #10
Lazy cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
That's actually overusing their magic. Tatsuya hasn't been overusing his at all. His Regrowth only causes pain when he uses it on others and he's only used it for two battles so far. Also, unlike Mio, Tatsuya's got a strong, healthy body and Material Burst is really no harder to cast than a regular spell.
that is the second miyuki level magician born into the kudou(even if lina was only1/4 she still counts...maybe), they don't seem to be that much behind the yotsuba in the matter of genetic, considering that retsu has been once called the strongest.

about tatsuya downfall, i believe that the most dangerous magic for him to use is elemental sigth, there is no deep reason behind my though it just seen to be the very base of all of his other abilitys so it is also the one he uses the most, thus being the most vulnerable to overuse.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-04-05 at 05:09. Reason: removed spoilers
Old 2014-04-05, 05:16   Link #11
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The opening post said very clearly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairin View Post
However, please do not post actual teasers/spoilers about future content in this thread; this should only be for your own speculation and theories, not spoilers.
So now I've removed 2/3 of the posts in the thread. If you want to discuss spoilers request the thread and wait for it to be created.
Old 2014-04-05, 08:14   Link #12
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Fine. My theory is:

Second year is all about the 10 Master Clans, and Tatsuya and Miyuki's relationship. First year was just one long intro meant to show everyone who exactly is Shiba Tatsuya--hence the reason he always wins. Because it's meant to hammer in the point that he is NOT your average highschool boy, but something far more.

However; his fight with Lina is meant to foreshadow that things are going to get harder for him as we get to see the world of conflict in which he truly belongs. Tatsuya will start reflecting upon the nature of his own existence and what exactly this means for himself, Miyuki, and the world around him. Tatsuya will still win his fights, but things will get harder and his battles will become a little more personal and complicated...he might even be faced with a sadistic choice. A choice where even if he wins, he still loses. He'll face off against Zhou, and start wrestling with the Yotsuba--who I believe will also get a lot more focus during this year. He will probably face off against Maya too, and he will discover something about her that could possibly lead to him gaining a better perspective on what's actually happening around the world. I believe there's also a chance of Tatsuya being accepted back into the Yotsuba, and that Miyuki might take over the clan sooner than everyone assumed. She'll be the new Yotsuba Head, and Tatsuya will take his place beside her--acting as Master of the House in everything but truth.

With full disposal of the Yotsuba resources, Tatsuya will begin to start shaking things up more in his 3rd year. And this I believe is where the climax of the story will be: we'll get to see Tatsuya in ever more difficult situations--where we'll get to see him desperate, and fighting his hardest. Also, if he does lose, we'll probably feel it harder because all this time we've come to see him as this nigh omnipotent being. This story will end either with Tatsuya gloriously triumphant and become a major force on the world, taking his proper place--like Miyuki always dreamed he would...or he would die a heroic death--fighting against something so big that the odds are against even a being like him, but he'll still fight...because it is what must be done.

Last edited by Lucarion; 2014-04-05 at 11:17.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 10:18   Link #13
Echizen777

Quote:
that is the second miyuki level magician born into the kudou(even if lina was only1/4 she still counts...maybe), they don't seem to be that much behind the yotsuba in the matter of genetic, considering that retsu has been once called the strongest.
This is why I say Miyuki is used like an hype tool. Tsutomu makes her seems perfect. When you think about it all the 28 families have powerful genes. I don't know what definition of Magic Power he used but even considering his MP is the highest of all the 28 families, it is certainly not far higher, the way they fight and use their power make all the differences.

The Yotsuba are the strongest not only because of their genetics, they are less numerous than many but are still the strongest. The Sakura Series and other unknown things in their labs must count.

I agree a little with Lucarion psot but Pamps, yours seems like a fanfic to me .
Old 2014-04-05, 10:27   Link #14
BW95
Banned

Quote:

about tatsuya downfall, i believe that the most dangerous magic for him to use is elemental sigth, there is no deep reason behind my though it just seen to be the very base of all of his other abilitys so it is also the one he uses the most, thus being the most vulnerable to overuse.
I'm not really gonna count this one because he/she's like Mio. Elemental Sight is an active skill. There are times when it's not on and really if he gets tired, it should just turn off on its own.
Old 2014-04-05, 10:29   Link #15
CatRules
Shipper

pampz is as incomprehensible as always

p.s I has come to realize that the army of Mayumi shippers are terrifying HUGE!
Her charms are scary. No wonder I used to be one of them ^

p.s.2 there is a contradiction in you fantasy, comrade. The author said he will do three years arc. So the final boss would likely be defeat in the last years.
Old 2014-04-05, 10:37   Link #16
BW95
Banned

It's amazing really. We spent 11 volumes on their first year and there are still two to go. This could be practically 30 volumes.
Old 2014-04-05, 11:00   Link #17
Lazy cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Fine. My theory is:

Second year is all about the 10 Master Clans, and Tatsuya and Miyuki's relationship. First year was just one long intro meant to show everyone who exactly is Shiba Tatsuya--hence the reason he always wins. Because it's meant to hammer in the point that he is NOT your average highschool boy, but something far more.

However; his fight with Lina is meant to foreshadow that things are going to get harder for him as we get to see the world of conflict in which he truly belongs. Tatsuya will start reflecting upon the nature of his own existence and what exactly this means for himself, Miyuki, and the world around him. Tatsuya will still win his fights, but things will get harder and his battles will become a little more personal and complicated...he might even be faced with a sadistic choice. A choice where even if he wins, he still loses. He'll face off against Zhou, and start wrestling with the Yotsuba--who I believe will also get a lot more focus during this year. He will probably face off against Maya too, and he will discover something about her that could possibly lead to him gaining a better perspective on what's actually happening around the world. I believe there's also a chance of Tatsuya being accepted back into the Yotsuba, and that Miyuki might take over the clan sooner that they everyone assumed. She'll be the new Yotsuba Head, and Tatsuya will take his place beside her--acting as Master of the House in everything but truth.

With full disposal of the Yotsuba resources, Tatsuya will begin to start shaking things up more in his 3rd year. And this I believe is where the climax of the story will be: we'll get to see Tatsuya in ever more difficult situations--where we'll get to see him desperate, and fighting his hardest. Also, if he does lose, we'll probably feel it harder because all this time we've come to see him as this nigh omnipotent being. This story will end either with Tatsuya gloriously triumphant and become a major force on the world, taking his proper place--like Miyuki alwasy dreamed he would...or he would die a heroic death--fighting against something so big that the odds are against even a being like him, but he'll still fight...because it is what must be done.
i am in accord with almost everything you said, you sure have good insigth

my personal opinion:

second year will be a moment of transition focused in the internal politic of the yotsuba, and the plots the other organisations do to try and minate its power, at the end of the year the yotsuba houlsehold is atacked but maya slaugther the enemies, little afterthe atack is over she is atacked by surprise(or ambushed) and end up dying without the yotsuba sucessor being chosed leading to a civil war between the yotsuba(kuroba vs shiba/sakurai) miyuki wins

third year will be about miyuki having problems to admnistrate the yotsuba after their downfall and her relationship with tatsuya being stained for some reason(like maya and miya was), and the resolution of the humanism incident turning into a global crysis.

epilogo
tatsuya:will fall into vegetative state
miyuki:due the extintion of the yotsuba, she will be able to live a pacefull live (like what tatsuya would like to have)
erika:will be one of the most important magicians to aproximate both sides magical and non-magical
mayumi:she will follow the steps of her father has a politic
ayako:will try to reunite the remants of th yotsuba and will end up becoming one of the most influential magicians
zhou:will changes side at the end of the crysis thus, reciving privileges and political influence
Old 2014-04-05, 11:03   Link #18
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
It's amazing really. We spent 11 volumes on their first year and there are still two to go. This could be practically 30 volumes.
Don't forget the sequel: The Irregular at Magic University .
Old 2014-04-05, 11:53   Link #19
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Don't forget the sequel: The Irregular at Magic University .
I'd rather the sequel be the "Eccentric Brothers in Magic High School". But anything is good, as long as we get to see more of the world.

Also, what if, after we hear about Shiba Tatsuya's story, Tsutomu's planning on writing another story roughly based on another god? You know. Like maybe we'll finally get a proper Vishnu? A fun-time playboy type who is heroic yet mischievous? Maybe with a power similar to Phalanx?...

Wait a minute...

OK. One more batshit speculation. What if the hypothetical sequel was about Jyumonji AND Mayumi's son?

I know, I know they're not a pairing (yet) but for now let's not (and we can't) discuss that, so for the sake of argument, assume that they did pair off together at some point in the future.

Here's my reason why their hypothetical son would make a pretty good Vishnu:

Jyumonji would have made a good Vishnu. His powers are a good way to fend off or at least frustrate Tatsuya's decomposition and because he's somewhat friendly with Tatsuya, it would have fit the myth. Unfortunately, nothing else about his character is like the god--Jyumonji was way too serious and stiff, and Vishnu was a fun deity who liked to laugh and occasionally pull tricks, he was also very heroic and seemed to favor ranged weapons with his legends featuring him using his chakra or bow.

Sound familiar to a certain former student president? One who's also a massive troll and whose nickname is "Elven Sniper"?

So imagine this:

These two got together. Had a son. Who inherited his father's magic but inherited his mother's personality and some of her skills? He would also be very handsome, and maybe even be kind of a chivalrous pervert. He meets with an older Tatsuya who he develops a peculiar friendship with despite their age gaps, and assuming Tatsuya has children (with whoever) he befriends them too. He also meets up with Tatsuya's old friends, now masters in their respective fields, and our hypothetical Vishnu analogue meets up with all of them and befriends them. He'd learn how to use a sword from Erika, use magic and find new ways of detecting it from Miki and Mizuki, he'd bond with Leo like he did with Tatsuya (because Vishnu had a lion-man avatar), and like Tatsuya did before him he'll use all these new found knowledge and skills to kick major ass. Only now he's going to preserve the world that Tatsuya and his friends, his predecessors, built--the opposite of Tatsuya's goal to destroy and change the established order. For love interests, he could hook up with some rich ojou from one of the 10 Clans. Maybe even a cousin. But anyone rich would be fine. Which shouldn't be a problem because Mahouka seems to have an abundance of girls from wealthy families...Maybe one of Tatsuya's daughters? Heck, it could be someone from Shizuku's family for all we know. Heck, maybe he'd go for a harem? Because he's Vishnu and he does that. He'd be opposite of Tatsuya and yet be as awesome as Tatsuya. And because he's more prone to laughter and trolling, he'd probably be a lot more relatable than Tatsuya was.

So after Shiva, we'll get a Vishnu who kicks butt....with Tatsuya's sons acting as his badass sidekicks.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 11:59   Link #20
Ultragunner

^ OMFG, that's what I had in mind as well

Seriously, we need another "broken" character, someone on the level of.....Jack Rakan!!! .
If this came true, we'd have the best opposite/contrast pair ever