AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2017-11-30, 08:36   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 887 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

That time is here! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the spoiler:

-Chapter title is "Somewhere, someone is wishing for your happiness". Splash ministory involves Ideo's group leaving behind the warring long legs/long arms, as they don't care about their race war.

-Although he's surrounded by enemies, Capone is not deterred. His ship transforms into a sort of tank-like battle mode, and proceeds to take out the enemies on land! Capone then tells Sanji to pass him the cake, which the chef does by lifting the tray with his legs.

-Naturally, Oven won't stand idly by and let his enemies escape. He proceeds to use his DF power to heat up the ocean! Sanji and co. are worried because the high temperature could ruin the cake, plus the ship's paddles begin to break under the intense heat. However, before things take a turn for the worse, Oven is stopped by none other than Pound, who bashes him on the noggin with a huge club! This distracts the minister enough for the ocean's temperature to lower. An enraged Oven then prepares to execute Pound with a glaive, but the man smiles with no regrets, as he thinks of Chiffon and his grandson, Pez.....

-Elsewhere at sea, the Sunny is being pursued by a huge fleet of ships, with Big Mom at the forefront! Back at Capone's ship, Sanji's group begin preparations to decorate the cake....

Last edited by marvelB; 2017-12-01 at 15:10.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-30, 14:34   Link #2
Hoodspirit

Spoiler for spoiler:
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-30, 20:15   Link #3
Rainbowman

That was a touch and go moment there with Charlotte Oven.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 02:06   Link #4
mickbis

Daddy love huh.. this is just sad
Pound dialogue toward the baby is just sad... but at least he manage to save his daughter family one last time
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 04:34   Link #5
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Assault Destroyer, proud to serve!

That Bege's ship is like a friggin Assault Destroyer from RA3.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 04:55   Link #6
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Is it bad i want the father still alive even though i know that mean bad writing?
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 06:15   Link #7
Clipens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Is it bad i want the father still alive even though i know that mean bad writing?
I suppose we can't consider Zepo, Moscato, Opera, Pedro and Pound as "dead" characters. A part of their souls is trapped inside some homies...
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 11:07   Link #8
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I feel so sad... rest in peace, Chiffon papa...

I wonder if Sanji ever imagine there would be one day when a woman got nosebleed on whatever cool things he did
They are such a good couple
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 13:57   Link #9
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I feel so sad... rest in peace, Chiffon papa...

I wonder if Sanji ever imagine there would be one day when a woman got nosebleed on whatever cool things he did
Well, i think that Zoro vs Sanji will be escalated even more. Zoro will be teases Sanji and of course he have to act cool in front of Pudding for this.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 15:16   Link #10
marvelB

Geez, poor Pound.... abandoned by his wife, kept away from his own kids, and now (probably) murdered by his stepson.... guy's got it rough. At the very least, he helped Chiffon escape. Anyway, nice touch for Oda to use one of the younger Linlin designs from the SBS for that flashback panel. Seeing how she just dismissed Pound like that, I guess she's essentially the "love 'em and leave 'em" type, huh....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-02, 12:10   Link #11
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Geez, poor Pound.... abandoned by his wife, kept away from his own kids, and now (probably) murdered by his stepson.... guy's got it rough. At the very least, he helped Chiffon escape. Anyway, nice touch for Oda to use one of the younger Linlin designs from the SBS for that flashback panel. Seeing how she just dismissed Pound like that, I guess she's essentially the "love 'em and leave 'em" type, huh....
the last thing that needs to be explained about her is how she's actually conceiving these children. I don't know if that's part of her DF or something. Really hope it's not the natural way.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-02, 14:07   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This was really sad, but the problem is that there have been so many fake deaths in One Piece I can never believe in them unless a body is shown (this applies to most shounens actually, but One piece has set too many precedents). Watch Pound being reunited with his daughter in a cover story in a hundred chapters.
Old 2017-12-03, 18:54   Link #13
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Since Viola liked him so much last arc, I kind of get the feeling Sanji might make a new woman fall for him every arc from now on. Samurai lady next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dezz View Post
the last thing that needs to be explained about her is how she's actually conceiving these children. I don't know if that's part of her DF or something. Really hope it's not the natural way.
Since so much of her power involves altered souls and birthing, I'm pretty sure that will be thoroughly explained at some point. But luckily for us, I doubt it will be natural births.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This was really sad, but the problem is that there have been so many fake deaths in One Piece I can never believe in them unless a body is shown (this applies to most shounens actually, but One piece has set too many precedents). Watch Pound being reunited with his daughter in a cover story in a hundred chapters.
Yea, One Piece "deaths" are almost as meaningless as Dragonball's. At least official deaths can't be brought back... yet
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-04, 13:47   Link #14
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Yea, One Piece "deaths" are almost as meaningless as Dragonball's. At least official deaths can't be brought back... yet
Just wait until Brooke awakenes his DF.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-05, 04:19   Link #15
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Just wait until Brooke awakenes his DF.
Haha that would actually be pretty amazing
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote