AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-03, 19:55   Link #21
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
There is manta that serve as prequel. I can summary if you want since I don't think k they will animate it
Manga? I think I've read some but if you want to PM me with a summary that would be awesome!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 20:04   Link #22
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

it's translated so you can find it

there is nothing that i consider to be spoiler really. mostly explanation like where koto come from, self restoration, and 3 person committee

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 20:12   Link #23
erika4dsl

I just watched it and despite being confused most of the episode it's very creative.
I do love her tomboyish-ness and her relationship with the monk dude.

Last edited by erika4dsl; 2013-10-03 at 20:39.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 22:00   Link #24
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it start out nice a wacky got to say that one hell of a hit that car went flying
Old 2013-10-03, 22:52   Link #25
molitar

What the heck did I just watch? I an my friend just looked at each other and said this show makes absolutely no sense! Nothing was explained at all in the first episode!
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 09:58   Link #26
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
What the heck did I just watch? I an my friend just looked at each other and said this show makes absolutely no sense! Nothing was explained at all in the first episode!
episode 0, the first episode has still to air
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 17:14   Link #27
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
^from someone with a Haruhi avatar... where that anime's episodes are all mixed around and actually offer confusion since first episode.

If you really want, you could go watch ONA version to get some more idea.

Episode 00 is basically like an episode that shows a scene that probably belong in the middle of the series.
It's main purpose is to make people think what the anime is suppose to be about while showing what the anime has to offer.

Meaning, you don't really need to watch episode 00 if you don't wanted to and will still be able to get most info from the regular episodes.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 17:34   Link #28
Warm Mist

I thought the original OVA was some sort of Abenobashi with Ikuhara-ish touches. The five mini-eps come together into their own thing pretty well.

The director was reportedly inspired by Hosoda to work on anime. Hosoda worked quite a bit on Utena, and his superflat monogram has some similarities with the show, but Kyousogiga is more theatrical and zany. Some of the colour design and fast-cutting between long shots and close-ups reminds me of Kenji Nakamura, actually.

It's a pretty fun boiler-plate which manages to find itself amidst all the blending and doesn't lose its freshness with the context given in the mini series, but gains from it. I hope they can maintain this balance for the TV show; deciding to do three ~7min episodes per week instead of a single ~21min one seems like a wise choice.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 01:42   Link #29
blewin

I like it! though I've no idea what happened, there's the gist that Koto is somehow trapped in a world with her brothers after looking into a rabbit's eyes?.... really like animes that don't info dump you but give you hints of what's going on as it they go.

and of course, the colours and just pure fun of imagination is totally rampant! hope the series will lift off and live up to expectation.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 05:02   Link #30
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Episode 00 is basically like an episode that shows a scene that probably belong in the middle of the series.

This so called episode 00 is merely a broadcast version of the first Kyousogiga ONA (from December 2011). It's what started it all.

Everything's pretty much the same except the score. They changed some of the BGM (the original score was better, btw).

Don't know how this fits with the rest of the series (if at all, since this was aways meant to be a stand alone piece).
Old 2013-10-05, 07:27   Link #31
whitecloud

If only my MMORPG is like this..say final fantasy...it will be very enjoyable...all the movement, free fighting, flying, all the super ridiculous enemy, it will be fun to play...

Ehem....anyway, the episode is fine, but if only they do it from the beginning so the viewer dont lost, or at least provide some sort of flashback....
Old 2013-10-05, 23:55   Link #32
Jerseykid

It's the dreaded being different for the sake of being different disease.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 01:01   Link #33
molitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
^from someone with a Haruhi avatar... where that anime's episodes are all mixed around and actually offer confusion since first episode.

If you really want, you could go watch ONA version to get some more idea.

It's main purpose is to make people think what the anime is suppose to be about while showing what the anime has to offer.

Meaning, you don't really need to watch episode 00 if you don't wanted to and will still be able to get most info from the regular episodes.
Thanks wonder why they would show an episode 00 that should be in the middle as first airing. Guess I need to go watch the ONA to get an idea than since we still have to wait for episode 1.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 02:08   Link #34
Kazu-kun

^ Episode 00 is the ONA. And it's not confirmed it takes place in the middle of the series.
Old 2013-10-06, 22:02   Link #35
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I have no fucking idea what I just watched, but I'm intrigued that's for sure...

It's like a messed up version of Alice in Wonderland...
Old 2013-10-09, 12:14   Link #36
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 15:43   Link #37
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 1:
The one who meets Koto at the end is Myōe 2.0, not Inari.

Anyway, pretty good episode. Myōe 1.0 (Inari) and Lady Koto make a really cute couple, and a pretty interesting family with Myōe 2.0, Kurama and Yase.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-10-10 at 03:24.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 23:14   Link #38
Warm Mist

I think he meant black rabbit Koto, not hammer Koto...

Anyway, this is great. There's really nothing else this season that compares.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 03:34   Link #39
zeando
maybenotimome

wonder if they would have used 1 chapter lasting a whole episode they could have made a 24 episodes serie
but this fast paced rate of 3 chapters in 1 episode is not bad at all, compared to have the story get pointlessy stretched, really hope this rate will continue in the next episodes

great first episode, they managed to put in it an introduction, development and a little conclusion, feels so much like a monthly manga pace xD i wouldn't minds having all the other episodes being this episodic

so more or less the story from this first episode is about the influence the myoe family had on the story's multiverse
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 04:05   Link #40
Kazu-kun

Anyone knows how's the ED song is called? And is it released?