AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2014-05-24, 01:37   Link #12761
Wandering Soul

I hope Lucy's new power up is permanent. The Spirit King did not disappoint and is definitely badass.
Old 2014-05-24, 05:28   Link #12762
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
My fear is that with his non-chalant atitude, the demon King will turns this around and beat the spirit King... just so they Mashima can make a point of how powerful he is before Natsu shows up to beat him... that would just be SO disappointing
Replace "Natsu" with "Gerard". That seems more likely to me.

Unfortunately, it's too early for Marde Guille to lose, so I'm just wondering if there's a way for the Spirit King to lose with dignity.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 07:53   Link #12763
Casshern

Probably by freeing the rest of FT.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 12:00   Link #12764
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Watta chapter, but it's awfully short and ended quite abruptly.

I don't care if it's too early for the King of Hades to lose. If the Celestial Spirit King loses I'd be disappointed in FT again >_< I've been saying this in my past posts a lot, but let Lucy and her spirits win a fight for once.

That powerup though... looks temporary. We can't have Lucy having power over water all the time now, can we? (But come to think of it Fleuve d'etoiles is made up of water). Nor can she always be able to use Urano Metria. Hence why I think that powerup is temporary.
Old 2014-05-24, 12:07   Link #12765
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
Watta chapter, but it's awfully short and ended quite abruptly.

I don't care if it's too early for the King of Hades to lose. If the Celestial Spirit King loses I'd be disappointed in FT again >_< I've been saying this in my past posts a lot, but let Lucy and her spirits win a fight for once.

That powerup though... looks temporary. We can't have Lucy having power over water all the time now, can we? (But come to think of it Fleuve d'etoiles is made up of water). Nor can she always be able to use Urano Metria. Hence why I think that powerup is temporary.
the water part can be temporary but urano metria is part of lucy power, she tried to use in gmg but get cheated, by obra, what can change is the amount of power which she have to use it.(damage)
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 13:31   Link #12766
Chris38

Considering the fact that the water powers that she gained from Aquarius seem to be specialized toward defense, personally I think that she is going to keep having them, in the future arcs.

After all ... her combat style, definitely needs some extra layer of protection ... not to mention that, with the loss of Aquarius she even got weaker compared to before ... and I believe that her acquiring water powers is Mashima's way of recompensing that loss.

Furthermore with the enemies becoming stronger compared to the earlier arcs ... an extra layer of defense ... would be a good way for Lucy to actually start becoming a little more useful in the future battles...

Unless you want her to continue being protected by her other teammates / not having a lot of fights ... like what has been happening to her in the previous arcs
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 14:26   Link #12767
ellifeedn
Thinker

I think it's a temporary buff granted by the king.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 01:28   Link #12768
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
the water part can be temporary but urano metria is part of lucy power, she tried to use in gmg but get cheated, by obra, what can change is the amount of power which she have to use it.(damage)
That's what I meant: if she always had this much magic power then that means she can always cast Urano Metria, even in the least of her fights. That seems too overpowered, hence why I believe the power buff is temporary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Considering the fact that the water powers that she gained from Aquarius seem to be specialized toward defense, personally I think that she is going to keep having them, in the future arcs.

After all ... her combat style, definitely needs some extra layer of protection ... not to mention that, with the loss of Aquarius she even got weaker compared to before ... and I believe that her acquiring water powers is Mashima's way of recompensing that loss.

Furthermore with the enemies becoming stronger compared to the earlier arcs ... an extra layer of defense ... would be a good way for Lucy to actually start becoming a little more useful in the future battles...

Unless you want her to continue being protected by her other teammates / not having a lot of fights ... like what has been happening to her in the previous arcs
It would be great if she DOES keep the water powers, I'd have no complaints about that but it does seem highly unlikely. First and foremost in the opposition would be Juvia Jokes aside, a self defense mechanism which triggers involuntarily would be fair.
Old 2014-05-25, 02:01   Link #12769
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post

And, which may lead to her breaking other keys in the future because of some ungodly need, until she's had to break all 12/13
She was the first character introduced in the series, and she's a huge focus of the story. I wouldn't be shocked if she somehow becomes the strongest character by end of series, even with all the pushing Mashima does with Natsu
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 05:17   Link #12770
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

It'll be a surprise if it's not permanent.
After all Natsu kept his Lighting power after eating it.
Old 2014-05-25, 11:53   Link #12771
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
That's what I meant: if she always had this much magic power then that means she can always cast Urano Metria, even in the least of her fights. That seems too overpowered, hence why I believe the power buff is temporary.

It would be great if she DOES keep the water powers, I'd have no complaints about that but it does seem highly unlikely. First and foremost in the opposition would be Juvia Jokes aside, a self defense mechanism which triggers involuntarily would be fair.
well dont forget, lucy was "evolving" in the beginner she only was able to cast because of the help of hibiki which give her temporary acess to her strongest spell, then she get a power up from second origin which give her free acess to cast urano metria and power to summon 2 spirits.

celestial mages power for what we know is measured by how much spirit he can summon at same time or how many spirits she can summon before goes out of power.

then as we see lucy was forced beyond her limits and summoned the third spirit great increasing her power again but also completly drain all her remain power, then the spirit king use aquarius magic to replenish lucy power(whihch now is even bigger than before the fight) who already was a first power up(she get 2 power ups in this fight, the first one by summoning 3 spirits) then when celestial king convert aquarius magic to power up give a second power up to lucy increasing even more her power, then will be obvious her urano metria will be strong, i even believe which even without the second power up her urano metria with 3 spirits could still strong enough to defeat him if she was at full power and unharmed.

the damage(magic power) of the attacks scale with the current power of the cast, every time lucy get a power up her urano metria will become more and more strong.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 19:40   Link #12772
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Is she become a temporary or permanent mahou shoujo??

hahaha... not a bad chapter...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 02:43   Link #12773
_Misfit

At this very moment, i've only seen 386 Raw, and man, i'm not quite sure what happened to Marde Guille, but we are gonna see what appears to be an awesome four vs. four match-up between Fairy Tail and Tartarus.

Also: FINALLY! Silver and Gray meet!!!

Just read it in English now, and next chapter is, i guess, called "Father and Son". So... Silver is Gray's dad confirmed? I had a feeling.

Last edited by _Misfit; 2014-05-30 at 02:52. Reason: Read English Version
_Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 02:52   Link #12774
G147

Ah so it's the end of Lucy's awesomeness Well at least now we can expect a good team battle.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 02:55   Link #12775
_Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Ah so it's the end of Lucy's awesomeness Well at least now we can expect a good team battle.
She had a great run though! She's pretty much responsible for how great the manga has been for the past month (as well as Mashima himself).
_Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 03:16   Link #12776
G147

Indeed, hopefully the awesomeness continues to the end of the story.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 03:45   Link #12777
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Damnit, Mashima and his spoilerific chapter titles...

Ah well, it's not like we didn't anticipate this.
Old 2014-05-30, 04:07   Link #12778
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Father and son.

Yeah, thanks Mashima. I was clueless.
Old 2014-05-30, 06:11   Link #12779
Casshern

Well some people needed it spelled out for them so there you have it
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 09:01   Link #12780
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ahh.. I want to see Gajeel-Juvia tag team battle but it seems impossible after Gray and Natsu are butting in...

well, at least Lucy has done pretty much for her role as main character...
now let's leave it to the professionals...

Juvia should treat her future-father-in-law well
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen