AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-04, 13:25   Link #261
servidor

I think that a hundred years lapse is possible, I don't think that mayority of Claymores live more than a few years, with the exception of single digits, and I doubt that there is a shortage of orphan girls or even girls sold by their own families. After all in a world like that, young girls, that couldn't work for their own food, or in the case of marriage have to be given a dowry, could be seen as burdens, or goods that could be sold.
Old 2008-05-04, 13:36   Link #262
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

She "shivers" did it! the foolish girl Miria said it!! AH!!! What a joy in knowing that my theories and many others, from of our comrades, proved to be the truth! I knew it, I just knew it! There are no words to express this everlasting satisfaction, no words!!
NOW ITīS SERIOUS!
We have no idea whatsoever, about the "other worlds" Just imagine it! The possibilities! And to even think that I once wrote a fanfic about this!

We, need a boat...A rather big one that is.
Old 2008-05-04, 13:39   Link #263
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
Sid is going to probably fallow them around now and Galk will come too. LOL that would be funny. Then Raki would show up eventually and kick him in the balls again for making out with Clare again. Helen would be like don't worry Sid you can still make out with me!
Hell, you are the best at this.
Old 2008-05-04, 14:29   Link #264
Rowan

Huh. Welcome to Paradigm City/The Truman Show/The Island/The Village. Whatever you want to call it, reality just shifted.

A hidden, biological testing facilty. Fascinating. Now for the questions:

1. Are we to assume that the outside world managed to hold off the enemy for so long? Which side is winning? Or is it a stalemate?

2. How long has this plan truly been in action? The Claymore world is a closed society; that must have taken dozens of generations. How did they seal off that entire section? What people would be crazy enough to populate it?

3. Are sure the outside war isn't over?

Number three is my biggest wonder. What if the war ended centuries ago, but those running the project kept it up? If both sides totally annhilated each other, they'd have nothing left. The experiment becomes their country, them the de facto leaders.

Probably not, though. It's much more likely the war is just dragging on.

The world has changed. Let's see where it goes next.

R.
Old 2008-05-04, 14:37   Link #265
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They're still provided with claymores (the swords), so it's not like they have no contact with the outside.

And for all we know, there are armies of half-yoma hybrids out there. Production models, rather than the prototypes you've got on the Island. That may be enough to bring the war to a stalemate.
Old 2008-05-04, 14:45   Link #266
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

if Miria is correct about the Org creating Yoma, seems Teresa was correct in telling villagers to pay up or yoma would devour their villages
Old 2008-05-04, 15:09   Link #267
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They're still provided with claymores (the swords), so it's not like they have no contact with the outside.

And for all we know, there are armies of half-yoma hybrids out there. Production models, rather than the prototypes you've got on the Island. That may be enough to bring the war to a stalemate.
I agree, with some parts, but we also have to keep in mind that she scavanged ancient records of a "God knows what" date. Thus, we donīt know if the war actually ended already. Of course, that doesnīt stop the research, since this is a bio-military island.
Old 2008-05-04, 15:32   Link #268
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Oh man.. No offense to Yagi but this is such a lame progression.. I mean, the least he could do is not reveal all this info in one chap! Now it's like: "Oh my gawd the earth is round! aliens exist! Miria stole the org's X-Files!"
Old 2008-05-04, 15:35   Link #269
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
Hell, you are the best at this.
Yeah thanks I know. LOL Don't ask me how I know.
Old 2008-05-04, 15:38   Link #270
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikke View Post
Oh man.. No offense to Yagi but this is such a lame progression.. I mean, the least he could do is not reveal all this info in one chap! Now it's like: "Oh my gawd the earth is round! aliens exist! Miria stole the org's X-Files!"
I know how you feel. Itīs the feeling of "we are not alone"
Oh sweet Jesus, I wanna know what happens next ;_;
Old 2008-05-04, 15:45   Link #271
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

So Clare would be Scully and Raki would be Mulder? *throws up~~~~~

-I hope this manga will later evolve into a all out war or something. This good piece is turning up to be good. Hope it'll be a modern classic.
Old 2008-05-04, 15:50   Link #272
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
Yeah thanks I know. LOL Don't ask me how I know.
Don't worry, I won't.: *throws up~~~~~too!
Old 2008-05-04, 16:01   Link #273
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

The world is a rather big place. They are not alone and there are foes capable of surpassing the Abyssals and maybe "with ease" Priscilla herself.
They are in somesort of island? that went havoc and now itīs Jurassic Abyssal park.
The Org are "scientists" that made the Youma, Awakened and Abyssal. They seek somesort of hybrid to fight against whom, what and when? Donīt know yet.
Are we the good guys, or the bad guys?
How do we get out of there?
And once again, the statues haunt me "Teresa and Clare" get it? Maybe they were a earlier version of our beloved twins?
It is a possibility to awaken and continue human? Without the need of human flesh?
Itīs not Youma that they use, is it?

All the suffering and death, pillaging and gold exchange....was just a sickning game of pretend?
They were all in boot camp...all of them were ;_; All the deaths, were in vain.
Old 2008-05-04, 16:10   Link #274
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Speculator View Post
@fenrir

In that dual with Miria, Clare hemmed Miria in with windcutter putting slashes around her on all sides and at that point Miria definately conceded, no amount of mirage's would get her out of that box, once windcutter is used to strike down all of the visible mirages. Clare's base speed is higher with her windcutter than Miria's mirage.
Clare didn't hem Miria anywhere, she stopped Miria from closing in to a range that would allow her to strike Clare. Miria was on the offensive at this point, not Clare. Miria paused the fight to ask Clare her goals, and Clare's goals are what got Miria to accept Clare's declaration to go out of hiding.

Clare was the one forced to use the Wind Cutter defensivly, she could have never hit Miria at that rate. They were both tired by the end of the fight, but Clare definetly had no advantage at that point.

Quote:
Miria could have stepped up with phantoms, but Clare would read those and step up with flash sword. Like Teresa, she starts winning the battle as soon as the opponents use yoki. Miria's actual greatest advantage in those years of dueling is that her yoki is supressed, like Priscilla fighting Teresa, had an advantage initially.
As I said, Miria wouldn't have to resort to Yoki-Phantoms if Clare didn't resort to Flash-Sword, and the Yoki-guided flash sword is still inaccurate when compared to her Wind Cutter, which makes it more unreliable against Miria's Phantoms.
Clare's Yoki sensing is the only thing that would allow her to survive at this point, but Miria still controls the flow of the battle due to her overall speed. While Clare can only play defense with her Flash-Sword/Wind Cutter.

Quote:
Couple yoki sensing/ and Clare's yoki guided flash sword and anyone who's not supressed is gonna have to be real good... And all this is before the two of them can go for their limit break, which given their power levels would probably be felt across half of the island they are on.
Yeah, if they went over their limit, any ground they would be standing on would be in ruins 2 seconds later.

Quote:
If they went for yoki Clare would have an edge on Miria no matter her speed. And these seven years that Clare has been training, she's still kept her secrets from the rest, and had the others watching her for some reason, which means it may not be just windcutter she has up her sleeve.
Not true, in her fight against Dauf it was shown that Yoki-sensing won't save her even if she reads the attack, provided the attack is faster then she is. Teresa never had that problem because of her overall power, while Clare is not an all-rounder like Teresa was, and thus suffers from the; "being able to see the attack, but not dodge it," syndrom.

Not sure how much she could have kept secret, considering they lived together for 7 years. Deneve didn't seemed suprised by either Miria or Clare's new abilities. She is the next strongest, so they probably trained with her to develop them.

Quote:
Perhaps Clarice has a special move... Clarice Jump...
I prefer "Desperation Charge."

--------------

I think that Miria is quite sure that a majority of the warriors won't continue to support the Organization once they start to think that the Organization is the one creating Yoma, and is using them as test subjects for their war.

Or she is confident in the Ghost's speed, and is confident they could storm the Organization, taking out the MiB asap.

-----------------

I was also under the impression that the DoD were winning the War, until the other side developed the Awakened Beings, and stalled the War for both sides, since the Awakened Beings would kill everyone. So now they are rebuilding their armies, and continueing the research on Awakened Beings, to improve and control them.
Old 2008-05-04, 16:25   Link #275
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

i was kind of disappointed that this was like 32 pages of information wasted with many numerous surprised pictures. XDD When will the nest chapter take place?
Old 2008-05-04, 16:35   Link #276
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
i was kind of disappointed that this was like 32 pages of information wasted with many numerous surprised pictures. XDD When will the nest chapter take place?
Next chapter will be out at the beginning of next month.
Old 2008-05-04, 16:42   Link #277
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

@Fenrir ~ About the hypothetical Clare link; From a result point of view Clare being half awakened already does 'cheapen' the deaths of those claymores who died before her by black card or because they turned into AB's as you mentioned. Hilda, Elena, and even Ophelia are examples of that. I do not feel bad about Clare violating the holy experiment the organization has put together. If anything it would make me happy for the twins because then there might be hope for them in the future. Saying that Clare reaching her full awakened form cheapens the soul link is ridiculous considering that every single death in the claymore world both at the hands of youma, AB's or even comrade Claymores has just been 'cheapened' by Miria's revelation that it is all a grand experiment. But Claymore never feels like these developments are cheap. The organization sent the partially awakened Claymores to their deaths. If anything partially awakening would have been worse for a result stand point had it not been for Clare saving the fab 4.

The idea that we are done seeing the soul link develop as a plot tool, especially in this world is extremely arrogant. I am sorry, usually I avoid saying stuff like that but it makes me wonder if we are even talking about the same manga. I know you do not want to see the soul link progress or see Clare's awakened form. That is fine. I am worried about her doing it as well because there is so much risk involved. But telling a new member that it is flat out impossible grinds me. That is the reason I felt like poking you. The guy just got on and you told him your opinions as if they were fact. If it is what you 'think' or 'feel' say so. Some of the older members know your personality and posting style so they can take you on but being a new member on the forum was scary for me and I felt bad when you swatted ancient soul's post.

For me the reason Claymore gets away with this rule bending so well is because of the sacrifice it attaches to the characters as they do them. If Clare had awakened her limbs and then been fine afterward that would have been the standard shonen way. She probably would have bled a lot, been covered in bandages, but of course none of the wounds serious enough to actually stop her from doing anything. But in Claymore there is real loss; like Jean's life. I am not saying it will be easy on the road ahead for Clare. If anything I think it will be harder. Clare might lose most of her friends before or because of her fully awakened form. Would that cheapen the experience? It has happened before so it could happen again and be much worse. Just the idea that Clare lost Jean and Raphaela lost Luciella makes it an emotional issue.

I think it is fine if you do not want to see Raphaela. She will show up in the series again regardless. With what we know about Raphaela's past and soul linking something has to happen with it. Writing it off is ignoring what yagi does with his story. When something is revealed about a character in Claymore it must play a role in the future. Claymore has shown excellent use of the literary technique Chekhov's gun. That is just how this story works as opposed to the Deus Ex Machina type manga saves. Miria's secret had to be revealed at some point, even if it was years and years later. Raphaela will show up again even if we do not know what she will do when she shows up. Yagi even reminded us about her from the MiB's talk. From the ghosts talk with Audrey they asked about Galatea who showed up 2 chapters later. Lune will show up. Raki and Priscilla will show up. I think it is only possible for all of that not to happen if Yagi completely changes the way he tells the story, which is a possibility. Stories have patterns to them even if there are a lot of unpredictable elements. We knew Miria's secret had to be revealed even if we did not know what it would be. Raphaela has to show up again because she is unresolved. Her past must play a role as well because yagi went to all the work of showing it to us. Not many characters are important enough for a full blown flash back.

Last edited by chibamonster; 2008-05-04 at 17:03.
Old 2008-05-04, 16:49   Link #278
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Sorry, i didn't formulated it unambigously enough because i was short on time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri
Well, as long as your prepared.
If you mean by join the party, kill Clare for pissing her off? Then yeah, it is possible, but I doubt she plans on allying with anyone who doesn't awaken to serve her goals.
No, i meant that she would apear and do something, wrong enunciation from me.

Quote:
If anything, the increase in strength indicates they are becoming "closer" to being Awakened Beings, as their Yoki quality directly increases.

1) Jean's Tornado Sword being usable several times is a by-product of her partial awakening, she is able to manipulate her body easier then before, indicating she is closer to AB status, just like Helen and Deneve.

2) Clare has partially-awakened so much that I wouldn't be suprised if she was closer then anyone, even being 3/4th human (originally)
Yeah but with keeping her human bodies and minds. IMO all the claymores who awakend because of continual yoki - release over years didn't have an alignment - partner or enough time to recover from releasing yoki. Remember, it seems, that the org pushed them with intent to their limits to see how much they can take before they would awaken and to create new ABs for their new claymores to fight.

Quote:
Clare barely had Pre-emptive Yoki-sensing at that time, so I doubt she could have brought Elena (not Hilda) back, and their was nothing "easy" about pulling someone back. Jean had an Iron-will, and Galatea is the best non-AB Yoki-manipulator short of the Twins.
I formulated this wrong. I meant, clare with her current experience and abilites should be easily able to help Elena.

Quote:
Exercise on what? She has had her Yoki supressed for the past 7 years, and using Yoki-manipulation would mean breaking stealth, which means she hasn't done it. Cynthia was probably capable of "healing" Yoki manipulation before, but just never had the chance to display it.
It's the question if you have to release yoki for doing an alignment. It is stated in the databooks in a graphik but i'm not on my home pc at the moment. I don't remember galatea releasing yoki during she fooled dauff.

Quote:
I don't think the Organization was aware that they survived. This chapter certainly clarified alot of things.
I meant that the org created AB's on purpose to test the other and their new claymores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster
The idea that we are done seeing the soul link develop as a plot tool, especially in this world is extremely arrogant. I am sorry, usually I avoid saying stuff like that but it makes me wonder if we are even talking about the same manga. I know you do not want to see the soul link progress or see Clare's awakened form. That is fine. I am worried about her doing it as well because there is so much risk involved. But telling a new member that it is flat out impossible grinds me. That is the reason I felt like poking you. The guy just got on and you told him your opinions as if they were fact. If it is what you 'think' say it is what you 'think' not the way it is.

For me the reason Claymore gets away with this rule bending so well is because of the sacrifice it attaches to the characters as they do them. If Clare had awakened her limbs and then been fine afterward that would have been the standard shonen way. She probably would have bled a lot, been covered in bandages, but of course none of the wounds serious enough to actually stop her from doing anything. But in Claymore there is real loss; like Jean's life. I am not saying it will be easy on the road ahead for Clare. If anything I think it will be harder. Clare might lose most of her friends before or because of her fully awakened form. Would that cheapen the experience? It has happened before so it could happen again and be much worse. Just the idea that Clare lost Jean and Raphaela lost Luciella makes it an emotional issue.
Yeah, imo a clarelink IMO is possible and it will be proably the last resort and ultimate weapon. The org didn't want a claymore with a stubborn and hot-shot peronality like clare. They want a controllable weapon with no personality who simply obeys and destroys their enemys. Probably you need soul-link and twins to train for that. But perhaps you can achive the ability to awaken without loosing your mind and coming back to normal with harsh training and fighting and with a fanaticaly strong mind, which has clare. But this isn't what the org wants. They want an obedient killin machine which is easy to controll. So clare, with the dormant power of theresa and her abilitie to partial awaken will in the end proably their worst nightmare. But i'm sure, like you said, clare will have to sacrifice something for that perhaps her friends.
A possible scenario is that raffaella apears in the end when all the others except clare are death perhaps even by her hand and helps her to controll the awakening to get rid of the org or something like that. But that's farfetched and i'm wildly speculating.

Last edited by irvinethearcher; 2008-05-04 at 17:11.
Old 2008-05-04, 17:02   Link #279
lsley
*Graphic Designer

Hmm, in the last episode a guy wakes up and thinks: hmmm what a weird dream...
Really, I see that coming and it's my greatest fear >_<
Old 2008-05-04, 17:03   Link #280
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yes, that guy will be the Last Boss: Kitano Seichiro.
Closed Thread