AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-23, 20:09   Link #101
viperx116

I don't mind the long recaps; it's a lot better than having a full filler. This is how One Piece is handling it. The episode is short, but sweet.
Old 2009-04-24, 02:50   Link #102
Kafriel
Senior Guest

First of all, I have to say that the word filler only means anime-exclusive material and I just use it because it's much shorter to type and easier to understand by relatively new members.
Now that I've made this statement, BLEACH filler arcs can be very dangerous to the evolution of the plot, because the plot of bleach is fickle and its consistency is very fragile (and manga readers know just how much if they put together chapter 209 page 4 and chapter 354 page 16...)
but anyway, while I don't usually mind filler (the bount arc, the karakurizer and the Padros mini-stories were very good imo), there are other times when the episodes are 100% formulaic, predictable and repetitive, like the few fillers after the beginning of the Vizard arc, based on stories that have been retold in other anime with just different characters or taken from fairy tales, where their quality is low enough for me to rather not have seen an episode at all that week. Now, although I am not prejudiced against filler material, at the same time I don't like people who thoughtlessly defend bad fillers just because they are anime-exclusive, like the second Lurichiyo mini-arc/soccer time.
Old 2009-04-24, 02:59   Link #103
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Because filler writers suck, simple as that. Though there is a distinction to make: filler scenes added to canon-based episodes are no big deal, some manga fanboys find them annoying but they are generally okay. The problem arises when filler writers have to come up with an entire episode (or even worse, an entire arc) on their own. I don't know if it's really that hard of a task or the companies just don't have enough money to hire good writers, but when it comes to writing original anime episodes, anime studios all around Japan can't help but failing miserably.
Filler writers suck? I am sorry but after the last eps and some in the past, I beg to differ, personally I have grown to like the so called filler as much or more than the regular "canon" eps...and yeah my rep is off :P
Kubo is not a god and the writing for a while in Bleach has grown insufferable...I still keep watching the show hoping for that same intensity that once existed, however the closest I have seen lately is the Amagai arc. I just have to hope that the end of Aizen will be worth the 350 eps it will take to get to. Somehow I get the feeling if Kubo were truly in charge of Bleach this story would have ended many years ago, but the studios and publishers are milking the cow...moooooooooooo

and finally...erm...this is the anime thread...complaining about filler here is annoying and pointless except maybe for you to prove to others what great kubo fans you are...be glad I am not in charge here :P
Old 2009-04-24, 03:11   Link #104
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
BLEACH filler arcs can be very dangerous to the evolution of the plot
How? They are just as dangerous to the plot as manga chapters.

Quote:
Now, although I am not prejudiced against filler material, at the same time I don't like people who thoughtlessly defend bad fillers just because they are anime-exclusive, like the second Lurichiyo mini-arc/soccer time.
You gotta understand, when people defend those particular episodes, they're just encouraging fair and just comments. For instance, my opinion about those two episodes... they sucked balls. But I don't unjustly blame their suckiness on the fact that they're anime-original(or even out-of-continuity). They're merely episodes that sucked.
Old 2009-04-24, 03:44   Link #105
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
How? They are just as dangerous to the plot as manga chapters.
because the anime team doesn't know what KT might be thinking (even he doesn't always know what he's thinking) and by skipping or adding a seemingly trivial detail now, it could contradict with something in the future.
Old 2009-04-24, 03:56   Link #106
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
because the anime team doesn't know what KT might be thinking (even he doesn't always know what he's thinking) and by skipping or adding a seemingly trivial detail now, it could contradict with something in the future.
How do you know this? What facts do you have to support that the "anime team" and Kubo aren't collaborating? I can't see why they wouldn't. They're technically working on the same storyline in the same universe. It would be crazy for them not to...

I mean why in the world would they not collaborate? Why would one even think that?
Old 2009-04-24, 04:00   Link #107
Vicious108

Only in the anime version have I now realized that Kira's opponent is a Ginyu Force reject.

Which is pretty cool.
Old 2009-04-24, 04:02   Link #108
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewanderer
How do you know this? What facts do you have to support that the "anime team" and Kubo aren't collaborating? I can't see why they wouldn't. They're technically working on the same storyline in the same universe. It would be crazy for them not to...

I mean why in the world would they not collaborate? Why would one even think that
They are either projecting their own selfishness...or they are parroting what some "superfan" said in another thread or on another Bleach site...I have heard the same comments over and over for years...lol...if you love the manga...please operate on the manga thread. This is the anime thread, I thought the name would tell people that But yes not all "filler" eps are good...the same as, not all Manga based eps are good. Prime example of this are the last 2 eps
Old 2009-04-24, 04:09   Link #109
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
I'd be very suprised if he didn't have at least the current arc planned out completely. It's just too difficult to make a story up as you go. There needs to be some planning involved.

As for coordination between the anime producton staff and Kubo, there have been too many coincidences in timing for me to think there was none. For example the fight between Kira and the hotblooded fraccion guy that we saw being set up in this episode happened in the manga at the exact same time we got a fight in the anime original arc between Kira and that guy with those weird glasses who was given the third seat but turned out to be a villian. Also last week's episode and manga chapter. I'd be highly skeptical that was a coincidence either.
Old 2009-04-24, 04:14   Link #110
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Only in the anime version have I now realized that Kira's opponent is a Ginyu Force reject.

Which is pretty cool.
Oh it was the best part of the ep IMO. And it seemed that there wasn't much attention given to the guy mentioning Gin talk about him. I was pleasantly surprised how it was animated. A lot of emotion from Kira went into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I'd be very suprised if he didn't have at least the current arc planned out completely. It's just too difficult to make a story up as you go. There needs to be some planning involved.

As for coordination between the anime producton staff and Kubo, there have been too many coincidences in timing for me to think there was none. For example the fight between Kira and the hotblooded fraccion guy that we saw being set up in this episode happened in the manga at the exact same time we got a fight in the anime original arc between Kira and that guy with those weird glasses who was given the third seat but turned out to be a villian. Also last week's episode and manga chapter. I'd be highly skeptical that was a coincidence either.
Kira's fans quadrupled in number that week. That was very awesome indeed.
Old 2009-04-24, 04:33   Link #111
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I mean why in the world would they not collaborate? Why would one even think that?
That's not what I meant. Kubo doesn't take breaks to gather data like others do, so his writing is more impulsive, and nobody can completely express what they think. Imagine what it would be like if a few weeks ago we had any sort of filler about a character or place that will not appear until later in the plot, or even wasn't meant to be used at all but KT remembers it and uses it for a plot twist, but then he'd have to take into consideration everything that has happened in the anime as well as what has happened in the manga, raising the risks of possible plotholes as well as increasing the mangaka's work.
Quote:
They are either projecting their own selfishness...or they are parroting what some "superfan" said in another thread or on another Bleach site...I have heard the same comments over and over for years...lol...if you love the manga...please operate on the manga thread. This is the anime thread, I thought the name would tell people that
If you don't have something constructive to say, please don't say it at all, and next time, spare me the patronizing, thank you.
Old 2009-04-24, 04:51   Link #112
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
That's not what I meant. Kubo doesn't take breaks to gather data like others do, so his writing is more impulsive, and nobody can completely express what they think. Imagine what it would be like if a few weeks ago we had any sort of filler about a character or place that will not appear until later in the plot, or even wasn't meant to be used at all but KT remembers it and uses it for a plot twist, but then he'd have to take into consideration everything that has happened in the anime as well as what has happened in the manga, raising the risks of possible plotholes as well as increasing the mangaka's work.
Seems like Kubo would make the plotholes even without collaborating, the way it sounds. Not that he already hasn't. Anyone have soul ribbons any more?

My point is, plotholes/inconsistencies not the fault of the anime-originals being anime-originals. There'd be just as many if Kubo were to write the whole thing.
Old 2009-04-24, 04:55   Link #113
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That's what I said, it's just that more filler increases the chance of (doesn't necessarily add) a new plothole...and we already got enough so far.
Old 2009-04-24, 04:58   Link #114
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
That's not what I meant. Kubo doesn't take breaks to gather data like others do, so his writing is more impulsive, and nobody can completely express what they think. Imagine what it would be like if a few weeks ago we had any sort of filler about a character or place that will not appear until later in the plot, or even wasn't meant to be used at all but KT remembers it and uses it for a plot twist, but then he'd have to take into consideration everything that has happened in the anime as well as what has happened in the manga, raising the risks of possible plotholes as well as increasing the mangaka's work..
Just because he doesn't take breaks doesn't mean he won't have time to plan things out. Writers of all types rarely do things without some idea of how they want the story to go. Sure, they might change their mind on some things, but it's very rare that they just make it up as they go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Seems like Kubo would make the plotholes even without collaborating, the way it sounds. Not that he already hasn't. Anyone have soul ribbons any more?

My point is, plotholes/inconsistencies not the fault of the anime-originals being anime-originals. There'd be just as many if Kubo were to write the whole thing.
Which is only natural after such a long manga. I mean it's on chapter 355.
Old 2009-04-24, 05:07   Link #115
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
That's what I said, it's just that more filler increases the chance of (doesn't necessarily add) a new plothole...and we already got enough so far.
That logic don't make any sense... you're saying new material shouldn't be made because it increases the chances of plotholes?

I really don't follow how it should stop material from being made.
Old 2009-04-24, 05:11   Link #116
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Exactly where did I say it shouldn't be made?
Old 2009-04-24, 05:16   Link #117
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Exactly where did I say it shouldn't be made?
No, I just asked you if that's what you were saying... D: Sorry.
Old 2009-04-24, 09:40   Link #118
Appurukami

Ok so I think I have reched my tolerance limit in regards to the slow pace of the story. Its not that I dont wanna watch them, its just that its a dissapointment having to wait a week to watch a fight get set up.
I guess im gonna have to take a break from Bleach for a few months and let some episodes pile up so I can watch them in one big chunk.
Old 2009-04-24, 16:41   Link #119
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

one week? It has now been 2 weeks setting this up lmao...and that is just the fraccion hahahaha...and Kafriel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafriel
If you don't have something constructive to say, please don't say it at all, and next time, spare me the patronizing, thank you.
That's my line! I did not find a single thing you said constructive...I guess we agree to disagree.
Old 2009-04-24, 21:19   Link #120
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Well what he did was destroying her plans...
And maybe somewhere VERY deep she was kinda worried for him since he could get hurt.
Yeah you can kind of see a worried face in Soi Fong in the chapter that was just released this week. Other than that, even though she supposively doesn't pay attention to her VC, somewhere in her heart she probably does care about the blundering fool. Lol, it's kind of funny how Soi Fong doesn't really shut her VC up when he is revealing all this information about her during the fight.