Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-22, 12:31   Link #21
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`
The other thing is that there are various levels/districts to the Soul Society. Renji and Rukia lived in one of the slums, one of the lowest levels in Soul Society. Hence why it was probably such a big place to be. I doubt if some of the higher levels would have the same problems (needing to steal to eat, etc).

With that being said, one wonders how they determine who goes to what level/district..

They don't *need* to eat.

Unless they have spiritual powers, which the vast majority of Rukongai does not have.

All they need is water.
Old 2006-01-22, 13:13   Link #22
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
They don't *need* to eat.

Unless they have spiritual powers, which the vast majority of Rukongai does not have.

All they need is water.
I know, they don't need to eat. When I used the word needing, I meant it in such a way that it seemed that many individuals had to resort to stealing just to be able to eat. Somewhat like "they needed to steal in order to eat", not "they stole because they needed to eat." Furthermore, it was in reference to an earlier post talking about people needing to steal to eat (it's likely the poster did it in reference to that episode about Rukia and Renji back when they were kids, but that's just an assumption on my part). However, just because they don't need to doesn't mean they don't want to. Again, citing the Rukia/Renji childhood episode...the group of kids that Renji "led" didn't really show they had much spiritual powers at all, if any. Yet, they still wanted to eat candy.
Old 2006-01-22, 14:36   Link #23
sceeZer

Send a message via MSN to sceeZer
yeah i was talking about te birds eye view and also ganju's drawing, im guessing it was about right but yeah if the court is such a big part and if the wholesoul sirculation thing is true then there must be about 6billion souls in ss. thats still a far ass way to run even when pretty close. i dont think the size of it portrayed right at all. just kinda annoying when u start taking in details
Old 2006-01-22, 16:43   Link #24
Grees
Ehhh

I would say Soul Society isnt necessarily a good place to be either, there doesnt seem to be any significant benefit to be there at all. I would rather stay right here on earth, but that may because I plan to live forever.
Old 2006-01-22, 18:34   Link #25
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Souls that linger on earth eventually become hollows, Tho.

Unless it a hollow eats it, first.

in Soul Society, you are safe, and can lead a pleasent (After) life.
Old 2006-01-22, 21:36   Link #26
Eclipze

Didnt Rukia and Renji's "group of friends" die or something? Not that I would call that pleasent...
Old 2006-01-22, 22:24   Link #27
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Well its safe to say they were born again in the human world.
So you cant say they died

Last edited by Kurz; 2006-01-23 at 00:57.
Old 2006-01-22, 23:18   Link #28
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurz
Well its save to say they were born again in the human world.
So you cant say they died
And that bring about the irony of the world of Bleach....dying doesn't really mean much, technically, does it?
Old 2006-01-23, 00:10   Link #29
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
And that bring about the irony of the world of Bleach....dying doesn't really mean much, technically, does it?
Well, its not like you keep the memories of everything you did before you went to soul society, and its not like you keep your memories in soul society when you are reincarnated on earth.
Old 2006-01-23, 01:22   Link #30
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Well, its not like you keep the memories of everything you did before you went to soul society, and its not like you keep your memories in soul society when you are reincarnated on earth.
Well ok, but for people who are sick and tired of living their lives, death might not be such a bad idea...
Old 2006-01-23, 01:28   Link #31
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirch
I agree, doesn't seem very "heaven-like" but then again bleach doesn't exactly take the Christian stance on heaven/hell.

I think for the sake of this story the way SS was portrayed was cool. Souls that go there grow older and eventually are reincarnated or become shinigami.

Spoiler for episode 62:
Personally, I think that Aizen was speaking metaphorically when he mentioned Heaven. I doubt it is an actual place.

As for the ghetto-ness of SS... I have to agree. It shocked me how run-down Soul Society looks after Rukia said that SS was so much better than earth. I suppose that Soul Society doesn't have starvation which was a terrible problem for most of the world when Rukia was alive, but other than that it seems rather brutal and uncomfortable.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-23, 10:52   Link #32
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
After you're reborn, you probably start from zero, however, those who died and were sent to SS still had their memories.
However we don't know, if this also applies to cleansed hollows, and those who got there without the help of a Shinigami.
Where does it state that they keep their memories?

Because I recall hearing or reading somewhere that the reasons those families in soul society exist as nothing more than groups of people that adpoted one another, is because they can not recall their previous life and don't know if they have any real family in Soul Society.
Old 2006-01-23, 13:11   Link #33
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Well, the boy, who was the parakeet, completely remembered the events in his life before he came to soul society.

You should rewatch this episode. They explained, that the reason is, that Soul Society is too big, and it's nearly imposible to find the "real" family between all those souls, which also implies, that they indeed remember their former families.

I appologize, now that you mention the parakeet boy I remember that part now.

Can't be right all the time
Old 2006-01-23, 19:45   Link #34
Nakigoe
Custom User Title? OK!

isnt it possible that souls know as much about death in Soul Society as humans know about death in the living world? AKA not at all? and of course not knowing about death is precisely what makes it so scary
Old 2009-04-23, 06:20   Link #35
Mica-chan

Smile

So,what exactly happens after someone dies in Soul Society? I mean,Soul Society IS the afterlife. Where do you go from there?
Old 2009-04-23, 07:06   Link #36
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mica-chan View Post
So,what exactly happens after someone dies in Soul Society? I mean,Soul Society IS the afterlife. Where do you go from there?
They disappear forever.
Old 2009-04-23, 07:29   Link #37
kitten320

Lol I understand you there! I reallyt wouldn't like to go there!
Only if they would make me Shinigami
Old 2009-04-23, 07:52   Link #38
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Concerned discussion

* Birth, Aging and Death In Soul Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mica-chan View Post
When normal souls die they are reborn as humans in the real world . When a Shinigami dies anywhere according to chapter 268

Old 2009-04-23, 09:32   Link #39
Mica-chan

Talking

Thank you! That's been bothering me for quite some time.
Old 2009-04-25, 08:20   Link #40
Appurukami

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS View Post
Why are you ragging on Ethiopia? Theres people there that could buy 100 of your home and not feel the pinch in their wallet.
Yeah and those people are a tiny minority who got so much by stepping on the poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
It is better to go to SS if you're a soul.

You see, if you're in the real world, you'll get hunted by hollows then turn into a mindless zombie and either be hunted by shinigami or get sucked into one of the giant Menos. Other 2 options are hell and SS, hell would be torture for all eternity.
I agree. Soul Society is far from perfect but its a lot better the other options.
Closed Thread