Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2011-10-25, 22:50   Link #1
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Audio port recognition problem

I started taking notice to this about 2-3 weeks ago and that is about when it started happening. Currently I cannot figure out if it is my motherboard or it simple my audio jacks that are messed up. I'll just explain what's happening.

Though the occurrences varies from either seconds to hours, it will always happen. I run on the Asus P8P67 Rev 3.1 mother board and if anyone else has it, when ever a any input jack is plugged into, the Realtek HD Audio Manager will pop up and provide you a quick notice along with a quick second or so of silence. For me, i only almost always have just my Back Panel Front Speaker Out analog slot taken only, which I use with my Logitech Z623 speakers. It seems like it's having some kind of port recognition issue and it mostly is thinking a Headphone is being plugged.

Though It does not hinder operation, it does leave you with a nice message box and a quick second or 2 of silence. Which is just outright annoying for gaming, movies and music.

I originally had the first version of this mobo since January till i eventually got the new revision about 1.5 months ago and i never experienced this issue. Since the motherboard didn't require me to reinstall all the drivers, i only installed the necessary ones that was forced on me which i cannot remember which ones.

Found another person with the same problem I had, though I haven't tried to do that just yet. ( of course il'll try that now :P)

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/29...nition-problem

Any help would be appreciated, Aoie :P

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2011-10-25 at 23:03.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 23:19   Link #2
Jaden

My initial reaction would be the same as that answer behind the link.
Realtek drivers and apps you can uninstall handily via control panel -> programs -> uninstall. No need for device manager.
I don't think you lose anything by using whatever drivers windows installs by default.
Old 2011-10-27, 16:24   Link #3
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Seems like it was the driver. Though I did install it from the provided drivers from the CD with the 3.1 rev motherboard, strange...

Oh well problem solved. ( i mean as in no more random moments of silence)

Thanks for the response, Jaden.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2011-10-29, 18:43   Link #4
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Never mind, seems like the updated driver didn't do squat, getting the same issue again.

Old 2011-10-29, 20:20   Link #5
sa547
*Author

I don't know if this could suit you, but if the problem still can't go away, and your board has an extra PCI slot, you can disable the onboard audio and buy a spare sound card (doesn't have to be expensive). Or an USB audio dongle.

Has to be some bug with the audio chipset.
Old 2011-10-30, 03:26   Link #6
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I'm not sure i understand your problem properly. Do you only get this silence when you plug something into the audio slot? If so, why is this exactly a problem? Or does it happen randomly even when something is plugged in?

If latter, I had similar problem though it occurred repeatedly whenever something was plugged to the front and it would keep being on/off/on/off. I think I fixed it by messing with the Realtek settings. Open the Realtek panel and click on the upper right for Device Advanced Settings, as well as click on the folder and there should be some settings there too. In the folder there's an option to disable the front panel recognition and if I understood your problem correctly, this should fix it.
Old 2011-11-03, 11:15   Link #7
Jaden

Could be caused by anything really, so I would go with a process of elimination.

It could still be a driver issue. The windows default sound drivers are just older Realtek drivers. Maybe try the latest ones from your motherboard manufacturer website, or Realteks.

When sound went bad on my laptop, no amount of changing drivers did anything. But when I clean installed a new OS, the problems went away. So there could be another mysterious software issue.

Doing what sa547 said would eliminate any problem with the on-board sound card and likely most software problems too.

Also you could try different outputs, just to make sure there isn't a problem with the speakers or their cables.