Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-01, 16:36   Link #1
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Episode 99 Discussion [Anime]

Welcome to the episode discussion thread about this week's upcoming episode which I or Dranz will try to post this thread every Wednesday, since it’s the day the episode airs in Japan. Before I say the rules I just want to say that, according to the new Naruto forum spoiler rules, Manga spoilers, even inside spoiler tags, are now forbidden in the episode discussion thread; so there’s no need to worry about being spoiled about events of the story that take place beyond this episode.

Now for the people who don't know about some of the spoiler tag rules, this thread is marked as “Anime” in the title, so you don’t have to use spoiler tags. However, there are some exceptions.

You MUST use spoiler tags when dealing with the episode until an actual credible sub appears. Also, manga spoilers are forbidden even inside spoiler tags, so do not post them in any circumstances. Spoilers outside spoiler tags, or any kind of manga spoilers even inside spoiler tags will result in the deletion of the post. Also, anyone who insists on spoiler and does not follow these rules will be banned. And there will be no exceptions.

Anyway this is what you should discuss in this thread:
  1. Expectations of the episode if not aired or if you haven't seen it yet.
  2. Announcements of which fansub groups have released the episode regardless if it is a RAW or Subbed.
  3. Your comments on the episode if you have seen it both RAW and Subbed.

Just to make it clear there is to be no making new topics about the above things I have just showed you. I will close them down because I made this thread so all the posts regarding this topic will be in one place.

Furthermore, I'd like to ask people to let me, and only me, do the Episode Discussion threads every week. Why?, you may ask. Mainly, to avoid confusions and 10+ threads of eager people doing the episode threads. So, please, don’t make episode discussion threads without my or Dranz' permission.

So there you have it, just to summarize and add new tidbits of rules:

There is to be no flaming each other, no posting links that allow others to download the licensed Manga, no spoilers for future events of the Manga that take place beyond this episode, no annoying questions asking for seeds, ZERO unnecessary spoilers, and try to keep it on topic.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 16:49   Link #2
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
manga-spoiler-no-jutsu=kinjutsu :P
gangsta905_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 16:51   Link #3
knubbe

Oh boy, Konohamaru-centric filler, my favorite episode yet
knubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 16:58   Link #4
rorosama

Quote:
Originally Posted by knubbe
Oh boy, Konohamaru-centric filler, my favorite episode yet
Mind telling what's going on?
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 17:06   Link #5
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
Not the best of episodes.
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 17:12   Link #6
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Konohamaru is sulking because there is a new Hokage so he blocks from the inside the office of the 3rd and refuses to leave.

Naruto must convince him to open the door.

There is one funny moment with Tsunade (during about 30s), the rest is rather uninteresting except if you like Konohamaru's fillers.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 17:28   Link #7
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Konohamaru is sulking because there is a new Hokage so he blocks from the inside the office of the 3rd and refuses to leave.

Naruto must convince him to open the door.

There is one funny moment with Tsunade (during about 30s), the rest is rather uninteresting except if you like Konohamaru's fillers.
What about the preview for the next episode? More filler?
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 17:29   Link #8
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Not very much substance for this episode except for Konohamaru's coping with the fact that Tsunade's the new Hokage.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 17:36   Link #9
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
What about the preview for the next episode? More filler?
Not 100% filler at least, but the anime team obviously decided to change the flow of the manga and thus to show what happens in the chapters 179~180 directly even before you know what starts.
Old 2004-09-01, 17:58   Link #10
rorosama

There are a great deal more interesting characters in naruto. Why the hell did they make filler for konohamaru? He must be a popular character or something. I'd love to see some hinata and shino filler.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 18:24   Link #11
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Man the last thing this series needs is to get more slower.
Old 2004-09-01, 18:31   Link #12
tenchir

Slower? If you haven't noticed, the anime has been catching up to the manga. The manga still hadn't finish it's Sasuke Arc and the anime is already starting on it.
We should be happy to get filler episodes so the manga can go further, if you haven't noticed, the previous episodes pretty much cover 2 chapters each.
tenchir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 18:40   Link #13
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchir
Slower? If you haven't noticed, the anime has been catching up to the manga. The manga still hadn't finish it's Sasuke Arc and the anime is already starting on it.
We should be happy to get filler episodes so the manga can go further, if you haven't noticed, the previous episodes pretty much cover 2 chapters each.
Too much filler can ruin a show as well. I'd rather they'd just keep going without filler until they catch up to the manga, then stop, and continue when there's more new manga. (Although I realize that's not very likely to happen.)
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 18:46   Link #14
tenchir

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
Too much filler can ruin a show as well. I'd rather they'd just keep going without filler until they catch up to the manga, then stop, and continue when there's more new manga. (Although I realize that's not very likely to happen.)
This could end up just killing the show..... take HunterXHunter for example or Hikaru No Go..... or worse of all Ruoroni Kenshin. I don't mind fillers as long as they are good.
tenchir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 19:18   Link #15
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Manga readers have to understand that not everyone doesn't read the manga. Some, like me, wait every week for a 20 minute episode hoping for more of the main plot, some good entertainment. You don't get that with some 20 min filler crap that's meant to be funny but normally isn't. I can understand the anime can't overtake the manga and has to keep a distance, but knowing there has to be rubbish episodes thrown in doesn't change the fact it's annoying that you wait a week for 20 mins to find it's rubbish not connected to the main plot of Naruto, does it?

Last edited by Maes Hughes; 2004-09-01 at 22:27.
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 20:05   Link #16
eLstar
(^_^)v

But it's better then the alternative. If they ever do catch up to the manga then what are you gonna do? Either make filler episodes to try and keep to the original premise then the author intended it to be, or end up like Kenshin, a great start with a quite boring end to the television series.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 20:06   Link #17
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Maes Hughes, the manga readers don't have to understand because they almost all already agree with that at 100%

It may not seem like it but to make an average little story of 20 minutes is a real job.
And obviously it's not the real job of the anime makers.
Old 2004-09-01, 21:26   Link #18
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorosama
There are a great deal more interesting characters in naruto. Why the hell did they make filler for konohamaru? He must be a popular character or something. I'd love to see some hinata and shino filler.
Because Konohamaru is almost never present in the manga, so the anime team can develop him somewhat on their own. They can't do that very much with major characters because they might conflict with the manga in the future.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 21:30   Link #19
Voltage
若い雷

Send a message via AIM to Voltage
A little konohamaru now and then won't hurt. At least we're seeing something new, which makes the series unique from the manga.
Voltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 22:27   Link #20
Verrik
Destroyer of Dreams

Send a message via AIM to Verrik Send a message via MSN to Verrik Send a message via Yahoo to Verrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage
A little konohamaru now and then won't hurt. At least we're seeing something new, which makes the series unique from the manga.
Unique isn't always a good thing.

Example : Chouji wearing his protector like underwear on his head.
Verrik is offline   Reply With Quote