AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-03, 07:37   Link #1081
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

Spoiler for copied from elsewhere:

Quote:
I just can't count out izuna though. He was introduced as EQUAL to Madara...then he is forgotten by history. Also, where are Madaras original eyes...
I agree. Izuna is still my number one guess if it's not part of Madara's soul bound to a Zetsu-created body. And Zetsu's really as much of a mystery as Tobi still. I hope they don't forget to explain more about him.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 09:57   Link #1082
itachi-san314

^ i dont think anyone thinks tobi is 'just' obito. that is indeed a stupid theory. if tobi is in part obito, then the other part must be madara or izuna or someone with all the knowledge and experience that tobi possesses. and that isnt to say obito has no personality left. tobi has displayed 2 personalities/voices which lends credence to any theory that suggests he is multiple people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suika-Esper View Post
And Zetsu's really as much of a mystery as Tobi still. I hope they don't forget to explain more about him.
the more zetsu gets explained the less i like it and the less sense it makes. i originally thought zetsu was cool, but now its just some stupid weak cloning machine that can be cut down by genins apparently
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 14:12   Link #1083
Black0raz0r
Red vs Blue

Send a message via MSN to Black0raz0r
I think Tobi is Obito
Old 2012-08-03, 23:45   Link #1084
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black0raz0r View Post
I think Tobi is Obito
I stand corrected but I sincerely doubt you can explain tobi's skill and knowledge
Old 2012-08-04, 10:37   Link #1085
MegaDarkly

I really like Tobi being Obito as well. Although the only thing keeping me from believing that it is Obito is the fact that he was around during the time he was controlling the Mizukage. When they looked in Kisame's mind and found that out, it made me believe that maybe he is someone else.
MegaDarkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 18:47   Link #1086
WefiDasst

proof thats Tobi is Obito.
NSFW language.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEWur...feature=relmfu
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 19:55   Link #1087
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WefiDasst View Post
proof thats Tobi is Obito.
NSFW language.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEWur...feature=relmfu
It's not proof, Generations is a videogame and videogames (like the movies and filler anime) are non-canon, and this was obviously a joke/troll vid
Old 2012-08-04, 20:54   Link #1088
WefiDasst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
It's not proof, Generations is a videogame and videogames (like the movies and filler anime) are non-canon, and this was obviously a joke/troll vid
why i posted it :P a joke.

Izuna, and Random clan member is the best choice IMO. it's shown that Tobi has been infused with Hashirama's cells, which why he can grow his limbs back like a Zetsu. he could even be a Madara clone. The Clone, or Izuna has the better reason for Supporting Madara's moon eye plan, heck Izuna gave up his eyes to save his clan.

For Obito, only way i can see it is for some Fanservice by Kishi, "Oh you were right all along, it's Obito.. heres the reason!" other then that i cannot think why would he go against his allies? even if it's his body, why use a dead 12 year old's body?

Obito's father is more of a better choice then Obito.
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 23:33   Link #1089
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WefiDasst View Post
why i posted it :P a joke.

Izuna, and Random clan member is the best choice IMO. it's shown that Tobi has been infused with Hashirama's cells, which why he can grow his limbs back like a Zetsu. he could even be a Madara clone. The Clone, or Izuna has the better reason for Supporting Madara's moon eye plan, heck Izuna gave up his eyes to save his clan.

For Obito, only way i can see it is for some Fanservice by Kishi, "Oh you were right all along, it's Obito.. heres the reason!" other then that i cannot think why would he go against his allies? even if it's his body, why use a dead 12 year old's body?

Obito's father is more of a better choice then Obito.
Oh yea the video was funny

I'm still hoping it's Izuna but I am sure Kishi will give us some very weird David Lynch-esque explanation as to who, what and why Tobi is what he is (e.g. be it Zetsu clone or Obito's dad )
Old 2012-08-07, 21:26   Link #1090
n0m@n
C-Z

Hmm, I just checked the spoiler in Japanese site and chapter 597 will also reveal who "Tobi" actually is. The blog says it isnt confirmed but only the lines were revealed. Anyway....
Spoiler for Tobi:
Old 2012-08-08, 18:05   Link #1091
sayde

I could see it being Obito if Obito was nothing more than a vessel of sorts for Tobi (that he decided to use for some obscure reason). Orochimaru's jumped from body to body in an attempt to live forever. So I could see the key to Tobi's longevity and the reason why he insists he has no name or identity is because he's done something similar over the last few generations.

*edit*
Btw, is it possible to use Fushi Tensei on an Edo Tensei'd host?

Last edited by sayde; 2012-08-08 at 20:24.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 03:16   Link #1092
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Seems pretty difficult to call back a soul from beyond if the soul isn't, well, beyond.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 11:20   Link #1093
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Btw, is it possible to use Fushi Tensei on an Edo Tensei'd host?
hmm.. I guess we wont know until Kishi has orochimaru do it. are you thinking that he would want to try to take over edo-madara's body? in the narutoverse i wouldn't call it impossible, but i would think that edo-madara for instance, would be too powerful to try to mentally take over like that. orochimaru, although weakened at the time, couldnt even take over a pre-MS sasuke
Old 2012-08-09, 17:10   Link #1094
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
are you thinking that he would want to try to take over edo-madara's body?
Sort of. I was actually thinking Tobi might've already done something similar to Obito. But it just recently occurred to me that if he did, he probably wouldn't have needed to fear Konan's attacks so much. So scratch that idea. For now, I think I'll just settle for the theory that the body he's in is not his own and leave it at that.

Still, for someone like Orochimaru, or Tobi, possessing an edo tensei'd corpse seems like the next logical step so long as a method was developed to ensure that the possessor couldn't lose control of the corpse by the host or by an outside influence. Afterall, they seem to have near unlimited stamina & chakra and they can't be killed by traditional means since they regenerate from virtually any injury. Even Kinjutsu spammage becomes a viable tactic for edo tensei'd corpses. Oh yeah, they also don't seem like they've got any expiration dates to worry about.

Quote:
in the narutoverse i wouldn't call it impossible, but i would think that edo-madara for instance, would be too powerful to try to mentally take over like that. orochimaru, although weakened at the time, couldnt even take over a pre-MS sasuke
With the benefits of an edo tensei'd corpse at their disposal, I question whether it would be very practical to have to place so much importance on the host anymore. Because so long as the possessor in question is a powerful shinobi, their knowledge and experience should benefit enough from an immortal body not bound by living physical limitations.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 05:09   Link #1095
Black0raz0r
Red vs Blue

Quote:
I stand corrected but I sincerely doubt you can explain tobi's skill and knowledge
my theory why Tobi is Obito

After Kakashi and Rin left and thought Obito is dead, Zetsu and lets say Izuna, Madaras brother, found Obito or watched the whole time till Obito get buried under the rocks and help him out.
Zetsu replaced many parts of Obitos body, which were crused by the rocks, with white Zetsu stuff.
Obito always said to Kakashi that he want peace and that he is a shame for the Uchiha name.
After Zetsu and Izuna rescued him, Izuna told him that hey can give him power to rule the world but he has to forget all his friends.
So Obito called his self Tobi and learned everything from Izuna and Zetsu.
Old 2012-08-11, 08:51   Link #1096
Teru987

Kakashi and Rin left after the cave in which crushed his whole body. Remember the enemy was pissed and used his cave in justu so obito told them to get out after they gave kakashi his eye. If Izuna is still alive then why would he need obito? He was at the same level as Madara and the rest of your theory seems like fan fiction.
Teru987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 09:32   Link #1097
Black0raz0r
Red vs Blue

dont think so
I think Izuna was very old and wasn't able to fight after he gave Madara his eyes. He hide the whole time and met Zetsu once. Then both found Obito, rescued him and, for his dead brother Madara, they started the Moons Eye plan

also.... remember the Manga chapter 594....
It seems that Tobi knows Kakashi and Guy very well because he said to Kakashi "Kakashi... you always open your mouth so easily. It'sno wonder you've lived a life of regret." and to Guy "You don't remember faces, so what point is there in telling you?"
Old 2012-08-11, 09:48   Link #1098
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
dont think so
I think Izuna was very old and wasn't able to fight after he gave Madara his eyes. He hide the whole time and met Zetsu once. Then both found Obito, rescued him and, for his dead brother Madara, they started the Moons Eye plan
But why would they need a dead (90 crashed) body, when they could have easily gott living one?

Quote:
also.... remember the Manga chapter 594....
It seems that Tobi knows Kakashi and Guy very well because he said to Kakashi "Kakashi... you always open your mouth so easily. It'sno wonder you've lived a life of regret." and to Guy "You don't remember faces, so what point is there in telling you?"
It doesn't mean it's Obito. It could be a ninja from Konoha. Or Tobi simple get that info from Zetsu. Or used his powers to extract that info.
Old 2012-08-11, 10:04   Link #1099
Black0raz0r
Red vs Blue

because it's easier for a crashed body from an unknown Ninja than for an old living one from Izuna

It's like Anakin Skywalker who become Darth Vader ;D
Old 2012-08-11, 10:11   Link #1100
itachi-san314

so far, no other theories take into account why tobi is made up of zetsu's body. obito being crushed by boulders is the only reason I have heard so far. of course, kishi could come up with anything when the reveal is made, but so far it is all we have to go on after hundreds of chapters of tobi being in the story

Tags
tobi