AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2016-11-05, 09:45   Link #521
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That's theoretically not a problem if the Japanese studio has its very own overseas subsidiary like Toei. Theoretically.
Considering what happened to Dragon Ball Super during a particular chunk of its airing, not everyone can do it right.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-05, 10:16   Link #522
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Got this explanation from other forum:
PA Works trains their inbetweeners to eventually become key animators via exam. At which point, that animator's pay will go up significantly. If the inbetweener is unable to pass the exam after two years, they will be charged to use their desk as a way of pressuring them out of the company. In this case, the inbetweener at PA Works has been there for three.
Also, note that the tweet mentions that their pay becomes 67x as much after three months. Which implies that they pass the exam and becomes key animator, eventually.

Guess that the woman was judged not good enough if she was on her third year. Reminds me of how many workplaces put harsher practices that eventually pushes those they want to rid of out of the company. The unspoken goal is to save up on money. I.E, in France, the labor laws makes it harder to fire people because you gotta pay compensations. So what bosses do is to slowly pressure, through less work or just plain bullying, the unwanted employees into leaving on his/her own.
Old 2016-11-08, 01:07   Link #523
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Damn, it's been 2 years since Shirobako? It felt like yesterday. And all the shows after that sucked. >.> It's like they decided Shirobako was so good that both Key and PA Works needed to hit a new low with Charlotte. (Though that was short lived for Key since that Rewrite "anime" came out which shows you can always do much worse. Race to the bottom!) Well, okay Haruchika was alright I guess but I think that opinion is even less agreeable than my previous statement for most.

Time flies when you're sucking I guess.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-09, 15:42   Link #524
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I would argue the first cour of Nagiasu was pretty good. Certainly better than Haruchika (which was tolerably decent).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-09, 16:05   Link #525
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

NagiAsu was before Shirobako though.

I really enjoyed Kuromukuro though.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-10, 02:40   Link #526
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, it's nice that people aren't just hatin' on Haruchika at least I mean it had severe problems but I still enjoyed it. Kuromukuro just felt very w/e to me. Not that it's bad or anything. I found myself unable to care.

Then again, I don't even hate on Glasslip, (only Another and Charlotte get my shit) and that was pretty bad, so YMMV.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-08, 11:01   Link #527
Tanuki.
Just another tanuki.

I'm actually quite excited for their two upcoming shows The Eccentric Family 2 (because S1 was pretty good and unique) and Sakura Quest (because that's what P.A. is best at). My favorite P.A. shows are easily Hanasaku Iroha, Shirobako, NagiAsu and The Eccentric Family.

I've watched almost their entire catalogue with the exception of Canaan and Another. I have mixed feelings about the recent works. Kuromukuro was rather mediocre, with some cool elements and a likable classic storyline, but also some rather stupid parts. Haruchika is easily the uninspired anime in P.A.'s history and I'd prefer it if they stick to original works. And Charlotte was rather meh if you prefer stories to be plausible, but then again I've really grown out of love with Jun Maeda's way to write drama/tragedy works (it only really worked for me in Clanned, anyway).

I like P.A. Works because they tend to do a lot of original stuff, have some good slice-of-life and drama shows and often excel artistically. I feel like they have a stronger identity than most of the bigger studios.

By the way, their local promition stuff is not too bad, either.
Tanuki. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-08, 14:50   Link #528
Dextro
He Without a Title

Thanks for bringing Sakura Quest to my attention, that looks like an interesting show. I'll have to add it my list

Tags
p.a. works, studios