AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-01, 00:58   Link #2181
Esclair

So assuming the theory that a person cannot exist in 2 places at the same time (ie, why Hina merges with loli Hina), perhaps Emperor Bizon has been in some kind of 'suspended' state this entire time. It'd explain why he doesn't look much older than 50 when he should be pushing 90, and it'd explain why he didn't do anything until now. The post credits scene and what he says seems to suggest that he can finally take action now. This would suggest that perhaps he had to wait until his original self disappeared from this timeline. If he knew about the time travel theories that seem to be the law in this universe, then he'd probably have found some way to ensure he doesn't get merged into his newborn self (that'd really suck for him in terms of taking revenge).
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 01:26   Link #2182
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
So assuming the theory that a person cannot exist in 2 places at the same time (ie, why Hina merges with loli Hina), perhaps Emperor Bizon has been in some kind of 'suspended' state this entire time. It'd explain why he doesn't look much older than 50 when he should be pushing 90, and it'd explain why he didn't do anything until now. The post credits scene and what he says seems to suggest that he can finally take action now. This would suggest that perhaps he had to wait until his original self disappeared from this timeline. If he knew about the time travel theories that seem to be the law in this universe, then he'd probably have found some way to ensure he doesn't get merged into his newborn self (that'd really suck for him in terms of taking revenge).
It's going to be interesting to see the focus of the series now shifting to Bizon. Poor dude just wanted a happy life with his osananajimi. Look at what you did, Aoba. lol
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 01:42   Link #2183
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Cheese View Post
Nah nahhhh. Aoba will force himself on her until she can't couple with any other man anymore.
That came out wrong.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 01:54   Link #2184
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
He actually looks like he's pushing 90. He's on life support.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 02:38   Link #2185
rpgkiller999

Still doesn't explain why Aoba's brain wave exactly same as the perfect pattern, maybe saving it for 2nd season
rpgkiller999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 03:09   Link #2186
Meltyred

Maybe Hina coupling with Aoba will be only a last resort, seeing as they had no data on it.. and would probably need to test out the side effects and such to prevent making more time tunnels by accident.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 03:19   Link #2187
bones

So long as there are no power crazy soldiers spamming energy cannons at them, there should be no problems
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 04:21   Link #2188
username31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Maybe Hina coupling with Aoba will be only a last resort, seeing as they had no data on it.. and would probably need to test out the side effects and such to prevent making more time tunnels by accident.
Of course they had no data on it, Hina is Zogilian, and she used zogilian techs
username31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 04:26   Link #2189
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I bet I'm not the only one who thought of F.L.E.I.J.A when that pink orb of death came out.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 04:40   Link #2190
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
To all the people here who are talking about who will be Aoba's coupling partner, I'd say you better prepare for disappointment because this is a Sunrise show, and if anythying they've shown they're a big fan of Double Testosterone lately.
Kira + Athrun
Lelouch + Suzaku
Haruto + L-Elf
And now Aoba + Dio.
They even show it in the ending credits; as we all know most credits are listed by importance of the characters, and Dio is sitting right above Hina in the second slot after Aoba. Even though Dio was largely insignificant to the plot of the time loop and Aoba's conflict (not to say he was an insignificant character period), which was the main conflict of this series (with the war being a setting for the conflict), he's still considered to be more important than Hina.
So I'm sure Hina will still get coupling time with Aoba. She's also clearly his love interest, and with this series being vastly more bright-mooded than Sunrise's usual works, I'm sure they'll be together by the end. But I would be very surprised if Hina becomes Aoba's main partner. Dio will most likely be getting the bulk of the Coupler focus with Aoba with Hina as Aoba's romantic partner, and the final battle will almost undoubtedly be Aoba and Dio teaming up for the big hurrah.
Sunrise just isn't known for giving female characters combat spotlight or making them dominant forces on the battlefield. In fact, it tends to be quite the opposite. *glares at Gundam 00 and V Gundam* Though there are exceptions, there aren't nearly as many exceptions as examples. So as much as I hope to see Hina being combat-relevant for the rest of the series when it returns, I don't expect her to be, at least not when the chips are down.

As for Bizon and his downward spiral, I actually don't blame him much. At first he was panicking because the girl he loved was in a dangerous position; she was wavering in her duty, and with Zogillia as paranoid and militaristic as we've seen it, she was in serious danger of being locked up or worse at that rate. So he blamed the guy who was responsible for her being suspected of disloyalty in the first place, who actually was responsible for her continuing to lose faith as well. But it wasn't until Shu Shirakawa- I mean, Wilhelm Hahn started screwing with his head to make him compatible with the Coupling System that he actually lost it. Clearly Hahn isn't the type to care about making his subjects mentally unstable if it accompishes his goals.
Old 2014-04-01, 06:09   Link #2191
username31

That Bizon even called her "My Hina", what a creepy Yandere
username31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 06:35   Link #2192
bones

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
To all the people here who are talking about who will be Aoba's coupling partner, I'd say you better prepare for disappointment because this is a Sunrise show, and if anythying they've shown they're a big fan of Double Testosterone lately.
Kira + Athrun
Lelouch + Suzaku
Haruto + L-Elf
And now Aoba + Dio.
They even show it in the ending credits; as we all know most credits are listed by importance of the characters, and Dio is sitting right above Hina in the second slot after Aoba. Even though Dio was largely insignificant to the plot of the time loop and Aoba's conflict (not to say he was an insignificant character period), which was the main conflict of this series (with the war being a setting for the conflict), he's still considered to be more important than Hina.
So I'm sure Hina will still get coupling time with Aoba. She's also clearly his love interest, and with this series being vastly more bright-mooded than Sunrise's usual works, I'm sure they'll be together by the end. But I would be very surprised if Hina becomes Aoba's main partner. Dio will most likely be getting the bulk of the Coupler focus with Aoba with Hina as Aoba's romantic partner, and the final battle will almost undoubtedly be Aoba and Dio teaming up for the big hurrah.
Sunrise just isn't known for giving female characters combat spotlight or making them dominant forces on the battlefield. In fact, it tends to be quite the opposite. *glares at Gundam 00 and V Gundam* Though there are exceptions, there aren't nearly as many exceptions as examples. So as much as I hope to see Hina being combat-relevant for the rest of the series when it returns, I don't expect her to be, at least not when the chips are down.
There's already one male-female coupling shown in the end card so I don't see why Hina and Aoba can't become the new team. Hina and Aoba are in the same position as the other coupling team while Dio is off to the side. Besides in this series Hina is Athrun
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 07:33   Link #2193
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Kira + Athrun
Lelouch + Suzaku
Haruto + L-Elf
And now Aoba + Dio.
...etc.
in battle you want to fight alongside strong person not your lover(if she was mediocre fighter)

but here Hina = Ace pilot (with coupler system = same skill as Dio and Aoba so who know?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
There's already one male-female coupling shown in the end card so I don't see why Hina and Aoba can't become the new team. Hina and Aoba are in the same position as the other coupling team while Dio is off to the side. Besides in this series Hina is Athrun
Dio unlike Hina no longer able to use coupling system with anyone other than Aoba
( side effect of Aoba being able to cheat couple with anyone)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 07:39   Link #2194
larethian

In the game, you start with either Aoba or Hina as your lead pilot. So.......

Just sayin

Aoba and Hina's FMP empatia seems to be the highest as well.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 07:53   Link #2195
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
You missed the part where I said Hina will probably still get coupling spotlight. But Sunrise has shown that it's pro-Double Testosterone. The fact that the very end credits show they think Dio is a more important character than Hina, despite his lack of direct relevance to the central focus of the series, shows this.
And the order of the cast list does matter; during the airing of Gundam SEED Destiny, Sunrise went out of their way to reorder the cast list to show Shinn below Kira and Athrun since they had ousted him as the main character and made him the antagonist instead. (up until then he'd always been at the top of the cast list since he was originally intended to be the main character)
But to reiterate myself, I'm sure Hina will still be getting coupling time with Aoba, but Sunrise has shown they consider Dio a more important character, so chances are that's the coupling they'll put the real spotlight on. Mark my words, the final battle that settles everything at the end of the next cour will be Aoba and Dio teaming up. I will be very surprised (but equally pleased) if Aoba and Hina are the final coupling team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
in battle you want to fight alongside strong person not your lover(if she was mediocre fighter)

but here Hina = Ace pilot (with coupler system = same skill as Dio and Aoba so who know?)
You're missing my point. That point being that Sunrise loves making series that focus on a pair of guys, or "bros" if you will, as the main focus of the series. They could have made Cagalli a more competent pilot in Gundam SEED, or teamed up Haruto and Saki in Valvrave. Instead they went for the Double Testosterone. They've made it clear they're on a "Best Bros" binge. Not to mention, as I said, that Sunrise has always had something against female pilots being competent, or if they happen to be competent they get sidelined/relegated to minor roles. *glares again at Gundam 00* I can only think of a few examples of female ace pilots who didn't get sidelined, Kallen Kouzuki and the Almighty Haman Karn being the forerunners. (though many will say she was nerfed in Gundam ZZ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
In the game, you start with either Aoba or Hina as your lead pilot. So.......

Just sayin
As I recall the game was made by Bamco. They've always been more kind to female characters' spotlight. Sunrise, on the other hand....
Old 2014-04-01, 08:05   Link #2196
jordantenney56

Once you go Aoba you never back lmao i find it funny hina and dio both hated aoba but ended up becoming friends with him.
jordantenney56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 08:49   Link #2197
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordantenney56 View Post
Once you go Aoba you never back lmao i find it funny hina and dio both hated aoba but ended up becoming friends with him.
oes that mean that bizon , the one who most hates him, will be his waifu ? :P
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 09:16   Link #2198
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
oes that mean that bizon , the one who most hates him, will be his waifu ? :P
Only if he couples with him, which I think that was what the guy was implying when he said once you go aoba.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 10:15   Link #2199
jordantenney56

Its a play on words because theirs a lot people think this show is bl i was just saying it for the lulz. It isnt its about genunine frienship between other people. Both hina and dio are more acceptive of aoba now than they were the last few episodes. Aoba cant go back to the past and he cant have hina waste her life again by continuing this timeloop. He also knows dio cant fight to protect his family if hes gone because he cant perform a coupling without him He chose his friends instead having any hope of going back because he cant and he lied to them because he actually cant return so he lied to hina and dio and remained optimistic for their sake so they wont worry about him. As for bizon once you hate aoba you can really never go back lmao and his hatred causes him becomes darth bizon and ends up founding a empire just to get his revenge on a 16 year old boy. His hatred and obsession towards aoba is pretty much blind towards him. Im a hina and aoba fan btw.
jordantenney56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 10:36   Link #2200
Chosen_Hero

For anyone trying to make sense of the time travel in this anime, try thinking along the lines of Steins; Gate, parallel time lines are the key to this mistery. At least thats what I think.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, giant robots, sci-fi, sunrise, time travel