AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-07, 08:06   Link #241
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessTear View Post
Don't bother watching TW's release, it has inaccurate typesetting, 3 liners and a terrible font.

Normally it's not a big deal, but first episodes give first impressions. If your first impression is bad because of some terrible fansub, you'll likely not care for the series afterwards. A lot of people don't give things second chances.
The translation should be fine though considering who translated it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
Yep. Look, even absolutely average show like Suzumiya Haruhi got its forum, due to nothing but the hype. Why not give the same opportunity to real quality incarnate, i.e. Death Note ?
Way to not read his post. It's due to thread traffic, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 2006-10-07, 08:17   Link #242
DarknessTear
Anime-Future/Static-Subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
The translation should be fine though considering who translated it.
Yeah, I don't question the translation.
Old 2006-10-07, 08:23   Link #243
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
Way to not read his post. It's due to thread traffic, nothing more, nothing less.
Yes, so ? There are STILL some series more deserving a space then some.

BTW, whats this about "Death Note seyuu corner" ? It wasnt in the raws...
Old 2006-10-07, 10:32   Link #244
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
And with 2 seeds only!! This is so exciting that I'm actually cursing at uTorrent.

I've never watched anything subbed by TW but used to read their scanlations so I hope the translation's quality is as good (I couldn't care less about Karaoke and effects).
Ummm...the early episodes of Naruto don't come to mind?
I don't know, but if their translation and subbing quality is anything as good as the one they did for Naruto (yes, even better than ANBU-AonE), then huzzah, I'm downloading it now!
Old 2006-10-07, 10:41   Link #245
PinkSpider
先輩

Send a message via ICQ to PinkSpider Send a message via MSN to PinkSpider
I read the manga halfway, stopped it... and now I am watching the anime series. hahaha. But anyway, it surprised me that the animation is so well done. Even the OP and ED themes are really nice. I am looking forward to the movie. (haven't watched it)
What's so cool about my revived interest in Deathnote is that the original setting of the university is the same university campus as mine. So there is a tint of indulging in self-appraisal. :P

As for translation, I think no translation is perfect but TW has pretty high quality translations. I don't really care, since nifty details don't bother me. hahaha
Old 2006-10-07, 10:52   Link #246
crealism

Okay, should I dl TW's release? There are over 3000 seeds right now. I dl-ed it up to 10% and read that they have typos..so I stopped the dl. Should I wait for L-E and the others?

and which group does the best subbing? i was pretty impressed with L-E's quick subbing of Tsubasa~
Old 2006-10-07, 11:15   Link #247
Squirrellord

Send a message via MSN to Squirrellord
Quote:
Originally Posted by crealism View Post
Okay, should I dl TW's release? There are over 3000 seeds right now. I dl-ed it up to 10% and read that they have typos..so I stopped the dl. Should I wait for L-E and the others?

and which group does the best subbing? i was pretty impressed with L-E's quick subbing of Tsubasa~
We don't have any Typo's. What we have is a three liner in one place and some people don't like the font. We're just using the same font color from the old TW's releases. So give us a try, we're working hard for your guys entertainment.
Old 2006-10-07, 11:26   Link #248
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
This is why posts should be deleted by arrogant people saying subs are bad. We are doing a 2nd version, so please chill.
________
Plymouth (automobile)

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:35.
Old 2006-10-07, 11:33   Link #249
Karnot
Banned

I dunno, the font is ok. Not too ugly, right size, and all that. Maybe the color is not a good choise, but i dont really care. Its not like its merging with the background, like i've seen in some releases of a certain very famous group ...
Old 2006-10-07, 11:35   Link #250
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrellord View Post
We don't have any Typo's. What we have is a three liner in one place and some people don't like the font. We're just using the same font color from the old TW's releases. So give us a try, we're working hard for your guys entertainment.
geez ppl are so ungreatful these days -.- ive just saw the subs an i dnt get whts wrong with it...sure the font is a bit ugly but that can be put right easily...

btw whts "three liner in one place" mean?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-07, 11:36   Link #251
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
3 liners is when you have a dialogue that goes up to three lines, most fansub groups leave it as a max of 2 only. 3 makes it look clustered and crap.

Anyway version 2 will be out in like 2-3 hours. So you chose what you want.
________
Nutrition Forums

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:35.
Old 2006-10-07, 11:49   Link #252
crealism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun View Post
3 liners is when you have a dialogue that goes up to three lines, most fansub groups leave it as a max of 2 only. 3 makes it look clustered and crap.

Anyway version 2 will be out in like 2-3 hours. So you chose what you want.
Cool. I'll be waiting for that and looking forward to more TW releases. Nice to see a fan-sub group take in comments in a positive way and bother to make changes in a short amount of time. Thanks for quick subbing job!
Old 2006-10-07, 11:57   Link #253
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Yep Yep TW <3 (and an extra <3 for Itachikun).

Meanwhile, a group called "Desuno" released Death Note Ep 01. I'm downloading it to check it (I'll probably download all versions of different groups... maybe for every episode crazy fangirl).
Old 2006-10-07, 12:41   Link #254
Laxe

I see nothing wrong with TW's version but if they re-do one the first ep I'll re-download it.

Overall I really loved the animation and atmosphere of the anime. I'm looking forward to more episodes.

EDIT: Oh, and btw, I only checked this out cos there was so many people downloading it lol! Glad I did! Can't believe it's only been released this morning and it has 4k+ seeders and 5k+ leechers!

Last edited by Laxe; 2006-10-07 at 12:45. Reason: Adding more text.
Old 2006-10-07, 12:52   Link #255
Darmani

Location: Michigan ... Rochester Hills by some gas station and my job
Send a message via Yahoo to Darmani
Hmpph not that good

Not TW's delivery the choices for DN. In the manga darkness is used sparingly and I think for a good reason. We aren't meant to be sure about the good and evil divide it ties even into Light's name, numerous times. Things need to be clear not just cliched dark and such for the mood. Light shouldn't have the light off in his room. It raining about the biker's death was messed up. This removes the things I found compelling about DN.
Old 2006-10-07, 20:08   Link #256
gianna
gigi

TW! Thank you I was really looking forward to see your group's sub version of this

Oh wow The scene where Light is furiously writing in the note was ORGASMIC
The whole episode was great They've really set a level for expectations of future episodes
Old 2006-10-07, 20:59   Link #257
Athuran
Sporty

Send a message via MSN to Athuran
Live-eviL just finished subbing the 1st ep
Old 2006-10-07, 23:52   Link #258
purplesky
Infinite dreams

Send a message via MSN to purplesky
Have anyone dl-ed both TW.ver2 and Live-evil epi 1? I'm just wondering which fansub to go for.. hehe I love death note a lot.. can't wait for more tv series !
Old 2006-10-08, 00:48   Link #259
Azn_GooWakJai
Glory Raiden

Send a message via AIM to Azn_GooWakJai
Quote:
Originally Posted by crealism View Post

You might as well download LE fansub, they are pretty reliable than TW honsestly, but one thing bout LE is sometimes their release might not be on time cuz they are really strict bout high quality. I saw the 1st ep sub by them and its just AMAZING.
Old 2006-10-08, 00:51   Link #260
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Tsubie
TW's V2

TW has more dls only cause their v1 was released before Live-eviL's only version. They did a v2 to fix those typesetting(font/styling?) errors and I've heard Desuno is doing a a v2 too. As for Live-eviL, it's the Live-eviL Girls subbing it. So TW puts it as a battle between girls and boys. Since the TW team is mostly new and for the L-E girls it's their first time subbing a new top drawer show, let's say fresh meat battle. BTW, people who don't know Japanese themselves have no right to comment on translation. Just because one groups' translator is more experienced, old whatever doesn't mean his t/ls have to rock the most.

Anyways, I got TW's v2. It appears, in the v.2 there is a typo, when Ryuuk ate the apple, it was subbed as "delecious" instead of "delicious". And a typesetter from some other group was saying the typesetting uhh....isn't still up to the mark. Gonna watch L-E's version soon.

-Tsubasa

Last edited by Tsubie; 2006-10-08 at 01:20.
Closed Thread