AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-03-05, 23:20   Link #1201
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Looking back at some of the more recent chapters does leave me most interested in seeing how Suwa's team can do. Not that the other teams don't have interesting elements. Hyuse by himself creates all kinds of intrigue in terms of how things will play out there. So the next few chapters will be interesting overall just in terms of how all these various new teams work out.

After all, Katori is in the midst of her own character arc here. This situation could really be a huge benefit for her taking some steps forward. And honestly that combined with her natural gifts could make for a crazy amount of growth. I'd completely forgotten how she did take down both Suwa and Nasu in that final match. With some growth on her part and the same for her teammates there is a lot further she can go. Being in the same team as Osamu may be a really valuable development in that sense.

I suppose it could also be good for Osamu to deal with someone that he doesn't really like dealing with. Anyone that could end up on his "I'd rather not work with this person" list after so few interactions has at least left an impression on him . It is true that if they can manage to get along to some degree that they should be able to be fairly effective out there together. Just...have to clear that hurdle. Good luck to Suwa. If he can get the other captains on his team working together and make the most of his lineup then he should do fine.
Old 2021-03-06, 01:55   Link #1202
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
After all, Katori is in the midst of her own character arc here. This situation could really be a huge benefit for her taking some steps forward. And honestly that combined with her natural gifts could make for a crazy amount of growth. I'd completely forgotten how she did take down both Suwa and Nasu in that final match. With some growth on her part and the same for her teammates there is a lot further she can go. Being in the same team as Osamu may be a really valuable development in that sense.
Still hoping it'll result in disgustingly sloppy public make-outs. But now I'm wondering how that'll affect their grade.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 16:39   Link #1203
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Still hoping it'll result in disgustingly sloppy public make-outs. But now I'm wondering how that'll affect their grade.
That's what I also wonder as well. How will they actually "grade" them?
Kido said that this two test phases are used besides deciding who makes the away team to replace the rank wars and advancement tests for the coming time since they won't be able to hold those for a while with so many people gone from Border for an unknown amount of time. To determine the "strongest Members of Border".

Like this doesn't feel like a team evaluation and more like a solo one inside a team which makes sense since they forced all the old teams to not be in the same one due the rule of excluding all team members once one has joined the impro team. And that no matter if you join or not that those results will be the basis for future evaluations, which probably also means some shuffling at HQ once all those people leave Border for their away mission.
So I do wonder how what measures they gonna use for 55 different agents to determine who did best in the isolation phase or the 2 day battle phase and why. Because that is a pretty damn big thing, isn't it? Besides A agents they would need tons of people to work on the videos, the tests and the results the teams produced upon them.

Like think how much time, manpower and money it must have cost to make 11 fake away ship interiors for the first test! That alone seems a huge deal to me and shows how much Kido is willing to spend on those two tests for those 5 agents in particular.

Of course there is a chance they already got those made before due the A ranks needing ship training as well as it saves space if the Agents themselves can pilot and repair a ship and an extra crew isn't needed, but we got 8 A teams at most, so I dunno if they just got a dozen of those fake ship interior rooms around for the lolz or not.

Ah man, still having to wait 3 and a half week is so hard~~~

Btw, seems the anime is doing real good for the manga:

Spoiler for WT newest volume sales compared to the old ones:
Old 2021-03-06, 17:12   Link #1204
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah, I also wonder what tasks they'll be given for the ship training.

I also wonder if, after all that investment, if things work out with the rescue mission, they'll do more expeditions. For more rescues, or even just to show the flag and tell potential problem Neighbors "Don't get any ideas. We know where you live."
Old 2021-03-07, 13:25   Link #1205
James Rye

Most likely similar stuff like in Space bros. You know, equipment breaking or void storms (as in a neighborhood only thing to spice things up for a travel between the neighbor planets) or piloting your ship to land without crashing, that kinda stuff, most likely.
Old 2021-03-07, 13:38   Link #1206
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Most likely similar stuff like in Space bros. You know, equipment breaking or void storms (as in a neighborhood only thing to spice things up for a travel between the neighbor planets) or piloting your ship to land without crashing, that kinda stuff, most likely.
But do they have any training for things like that? Or will they get a crash course during the test? Or be expected to just figure things out and improvise?
Old 2021-03-07, 18:34   Link #1207
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But do they have any training for things like that? Or will they get a crash course during the test? Or be expected to just figure things out and improvise?
My best guess? Trion Autopilot. With having to deal with training during those 7 days. Because there is no way humans would be fine leaving everything to a machine without "back-up" so to say. Ofc it is also possible Border sees those 55 Agents as extra fighting power and already got their pilot/s and engineer/s ready for the mission which either are veteran A agents themselves or actually trained adults for those roles.
Still I could see this still getting used in this arc, flying training I mean, in the off-chance of terrible catastrophic outcome like deaths during the mission for example. Like on a real ship there is always one captain, obviously, but also a first mate and others who also know how to deal with a ship 'cause having only a single person know how to fly would be way too risky.

Maybe I am wrong though and they will rather focus on stuff to see teamwork or to create situations to force tension into the made-up team and flying lessons really wouldn't put much on the table for that.^^
Old 2021-03-08, 04:29   Link #1208
dragon1412

It was mentioned in the chapter with CHika offer to join the expeditions that there are need to be rooms for the engineers and the captive trainees, and it's also mentioned that if Tamakoma 2 failed to make the cut, then CHika still be able to join but she'd be treated as an engineer and not allowed to leave the ship. So it is reasonable to expect that there are a reasonable numbers of engineers and support members accompanied, this also expect that they might need to emergency fix the ship mid way if any battle in the countries they temporarily stopped occured, which is the reason why Hyuse was allowed in in the 1st place. I'd say the numbers agents getting on is counted after the numbers of engineers already set, and Chika herself expand the space of the ships by quite a bit.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-29, 04:31   Link #1209
James Rye

https://twitter.com/JUMP_SQ/status/1...5Es1_&ref_url=

Ashihara is sick. No Wt chapters next week. We get them in the June issue.

Dang and we were on such a roll due the anime, I was really looking forward to the first two chapters of the new test arc. orz
Old 2021-03-29, 08:06   Link #1210
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That sucks. Not much we can do about it, other than hope his health improves.
Old 2021-03-29, 14:16   Link #1211
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That sucks. Not much we can do about it, other than hope his health improves.
At least we got the anime for the next couple weeks. Let's pray for Ashihara's health.

Old 2021-03-29, 18:38   Link #1212
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
At least we got the anime for the next couple weeks. Let's pray for Ashihara's health.

But the anime ends this week. Earthquake screwed things up.
Old 2021-03-29, 21:02   Link #1213
Wandering Soul

Aw man. Well, nothing to do but wish him the best.
Old 2021-04-30, 11:00   Link #1214
Blaat

Technically we still got a chapter in April and it's a big one.

Spoiler for 207:

Last edited by Blaat; 2021-04-30 at 14:23.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-30, 12:48   Link #1215
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for 207:
Old 2021-04-30, 14:56   Link #1216
Wandering Soul

Spoiler for 207:
Old 2021-04-30, 16:08   Link #1217
dragon1412

chapter's out on English so no need for spoiler tag now I think, But yeah, I remember a lot of people suspect the lottery was rigged to begin with. Especially with the poll. I quite like that a lot of the captains picked their team with various reasons different from each others, Osamu and Katori reactions to each others is really as expected, but it still fun, I like the nice tidbit about Osamu using the rules loopholes to help Hyuse out. I'm quite interested in Mizukami team now though, especially how he choose to alter the rule books for his teammates.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-30, 16:24   Link #1218
James Rye

Things I liked about ch.207:

- Slav Katori (lol)
- First thing she does is bitch about Osamu being the latest (I was here for salt and I found a goddamn mine!!! XD)
- Those freaking shirts, man!
- How Osamu fills the gauge like 1/3 or 1/4 up but then you see Kuruma squad's gauge nearly all filled out just to get an idea how much of a trionlet Osamu is, kek
- Whole box is powered by the team's Trion, oh boy, this will be really important for the next 7 days for sure
- Poor Shiki, my heart goes out for the poor girl with boyphobia stuck in a box with 4 guys. You can do it, girl!
- Chat whisper exists, as shown by Utagawa talking to Yuuma and Kotaro to be good little brothers for Shiki
- Oji outchunni Ninomiya, lol
- Also Oji throwing Tsuji to the wolves, I mean, girls
- Fucking Ikoma outright ignored going "and me?" XD
- Nono's nonos
- Kitazoe's concept and Kikuchihara's reaction to it, top kek
- Yuba going full Demon Vice captain, I love it
- Kodera raising all the lose flags with his captain speech
- Ninomiya almost spilling the beans
- Ema stopping Ninomiya from almost spilling the beans
- Ninomiya turning spilling the beans around making himself look good by acting as if he had thought of Kagami's usual operator style choosing his teammates while we know he couldn't have cared less who he picked as third after his first two choices, lol
- Smartypants squad also raising loser flags because there is no way you can put so many smart people in a room without them starting to argue which plan is the best plan
- Ko and the most solid team ever
- Wakamura doing his best Osamu sweat expressions
- Fucking Hyuse not replying after Wakamura saying he hopes for everybody to help him, this guy XD
- Katori still salty with Suwa's choice of her over Kitora
- The rigged Lottery explanation
- Osamu acting sus
- Katori picking up on that sus
- Madoka and Oki already doing the fence talk about Osamu and Katori, great, just fantastic
- Interesting that the captain gets to decide what to share with his teammates. Have a feeling this will be bound to be important in some manners. Like perhaps a captain choosing to withhold information like Mizukami did or switching members for tasks because they feel they handle this better than the ones suggested by HQ
- Hyuse being a riot as ever, going "I can't read this" and not asking for help like a spoiled baby boy just as foretold by Konami XDDD
- Is that Hyuse giving Osamu a compliment?!?
- Mario-chan judging her Captain in her mind^^
- SBEs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! It makes so much sense for the teams to train before Phase 2 in simulation battle exercises but I bet this whole simulation will not run like in the Rank Wars, meaning the trion you waste fighting you won't have for your ship phase. Especially in Osamu's case with his trion being even worse than Madoka's.
- When it ends with Jin predicting that the real game starts once the first "ranks" are out which means teams will know which team will lead and which team is last but not knowing the reason why, mostly because this is done by their observers judging their behaviors and teamplay.
Also this totally tells us that this first phase will already go over several dozen chapters, with all 13 teams getting some ship scene time as well as ofc the battle simulations being done of which we get 6 PLUS the whole ship tasks the crew has to complete as well. Like both phases might go over two years or more with Ashihara's monthly updates. That's big.

Things I didn't liked:

This chapter was great! It was another "nothing actiony happened" chapter, but it was still soooo good I read it three times already with a grin on my face. <3
I guess we will focus on Suwa squad and the rules next chapter as well as problems which might arise as Osamu's poor trion making him not up to task for plenty of orders from above. Like I could imagine that 5 people using equipment of the ship or lights running for 12 hours would need more trion than osamu can provide to the gauge.
Then obviously the whole people not liking each other part which will play a big role for some teams and their composition.
And now the battles who also might get into the point making as well as in how teams take constant defeats or how they learn to grow with advise from others, etc. If battle simulations also have a punishment for losers or rewards for winners then there's that too. And if those battles also cost real trion of the combatants then this would also play a factor in how to manage the ship trion's consumption while doing daily battles for 5 days (day 2 to day 6). I guess day 7 is there for making plans for the 36 hour battle phase.
There is no way Osamu can hold out for so long. So either he gonna massively change his trigger set or he gonna have to leave and return a couple times when his trion body breaks or another theory of mine, he gonna have to hold hands with Katori for her to supply him with trion to keep on going. And the fans would go mad with that sight, lol. XD

Good shit this chapter. Can't wait for June 3rd. <3 <3 <3
Let's pray for Ashihara's health~
Old 2021-04-30, 18:41   Link #1219
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't think Suwa of all people would be the only one to figure out the lottery was rigged and that the higher-ups intended to pair people who hate each other together.

Osamu really seems in trouble. He has to keep being in a trion body for 12 hours straight every day, fight, and help supply the ship with trion.
Old 2021-04-30, 19:26   Link #1220
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
- SBEs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! It makes so much sense for the teams to train before Phase 2 in simulation battle exercises but I bet this whole simulation will not run like in the Rank Wars, meaning the trion you waste fighting you won't have for your ship phase. Especially in Osamu's case with his trion being even worse than Madoka's.
I believe they get unlimited trion when fighting inside the simulator.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen stargate