Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-04, 14:17   Link #81
Gin
*Artist

@CuXe
Don't sass me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Ichigo couldn't cut him either, instead he was bleeding.

But yeh, I wish it was different zanpanktuo and definetly don't want Yachiro to win against Ashisogi. actually I don't get why he is running? 0_o

Can't he use his poison?
Its not even clear if Ashisogi Jizou is actually running away from Yachiru, or if they are even close to each other. Last time I checked, Ashisogi Jizou was beating 4 VC's at once. It will be a massive disappointment if Ashisogi gets beat by that annoying little girl, especially since I was hoping that Nemu might be the one to fight him. That would be an interesting fight imo, since Nemu would probably be immune to all of Ashisogi Jizou's poisons and Mayuri has probably given some cool combat gadgets.
Old 2009-11-04, 14:20   Link #82
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
the studio still has no idea how to draw Kenpachi properly and I have never seen Kenpachi putting his eyepatch back on in the middle of a fight
I so agree about the drawing of Kenpachi. They have been very inconsistent with this and done a mostly poor job of late. As for putting his eyepatch back on, he explained that the only reason he took it off was to use his giant reiatsu nuke to blow everyone else away so he could focus on fighting Byakuya. He put it back on after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I'm not surprised that Kenpachi made such sort work of him, but it would have been nice to see Wabisuke to actually scratch Kenpachi since he made direct contact
This was also explained. Ken-chan said that such a dull blade could not cut him. So Wabisuke is not really a cutting blade. Also, as someone else mentioned, really if we follow the principles of reiatsu shown during the first Ichigo - Kenny fight, we know that only someone who produces a similar or superior amount of reiatsu can cut him. Wabisuke is ultimately weak compared to Kenny - therefore he cannot cut him. I would have also preferred someone else was cut down though too.

As for Yachiru, looked like she was playing around with Ashisogi Jizou! I think they were chasing each other LOL.
Old 2009-11-04, 14:28   Link #83
Gin
*Artist

Ashisogi Jizou's design does seem tailor made for Yachiru, but I was hoping for more development for Nemu. I know that Nemu and Yachiru are friends (at least in omakes) so maybe Nemu will come to save Yachiru?
Old 2009-11-04, 14:43   Link #84
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
@CuXe
Don't sass me.
My opinionated posting software is Sass proof ... besides last time I checked am still entitled to my opinion ..... n so r u ...its a win-win right? lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNMaN
This was also explained. Ken-chan said that such a dull blade could not cut him. So Wabisuke is not really a cutting blade. Also, as someone else mentioned, really if we follow the principles of reiatsu shown during the first Ichigo - Kenny fight, we know that only someone who produces a similar or superior amount of reiatsu can cut him. Wabisuke is ultimately weak compared to Kenny - therefore he cannot cut him. I would have also preferred someone else was cut down though too.

As for Yachiru, looked like she was playing around with Ashisogi Jizou! I think they were chasing each other LOL.
Indeed, a dull blade can't cut Kenny......HOWEVER, I thought for a second there that Kenchan was going to get heavy but I guess that due to his reiatsu - Wabisuke's special ability couldn't kick in. It would have been interesting to see Kenny getting all heavy n stuff.

As far as the whole Ashisogi-Yachiru interaction, there is a high probability that it is going to go down as one of the funniest scenes in this arc.... I mean, Yachiru is pure win! She has her way with Byakuyabo, Yamamoto and pretty much everyone she comes in contact with....... I can't imagine what is it that she did to Ashisogi to have it run away with this expression in its face:

or maybe I am reading too much into it lol... after all...... Ashisogi is inherently weird
Old 2009-11-04, 14:47   Link #85
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Wabisuke's ability migth only work on metals.
Old 2009-11-04, 15:02   Link #86
mike9t9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Wabisuke's ability migth only work on metals.
Well yeah otherwise he could hit the ground a few times and Poof, bye bye world.
Old 2009-11-04, 15:09   Link #87
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike9t9 View Post
Well yeah otherwise he could hit the ground a few times and Poof, bye bye world.
thats how black holes are born
Old 2009-11-04, 15:12   Link #88
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike9t9 View Post
That is a pretty funny thought actually. Does SS actually weigh anything though? Aren't they all spirits of some sort.

I found something saying that Wabisuke's ability also affects living beings or anything else it cuts but who knows how accurate that is. He never cut Ken-chan though so therefore it did not affect him. He prob would have to cut him a thousand times to even affect Ken-chan anyway! lol

Yachiru vs Ashisogi Jizou could be epicly hilarious if done right! If she does spray bug spray on him or something I will rofl. It's even funnier cause Mayuri hates Kenny and the 11th squad anyway!
Old 2009-11-04, 15:44   Link #89
Kafriel
Senior Guest

AJ got sweat drops around his face (equals running)...about the episode itself, the highlight for me was Yumichika, he always gets awesome lines. If only he was more developed
Kenpachi's art is a bit off and his gaze looks increadibly stupid, at least his fight had some awesomeness in it. Gonryomaru is definitely the most worthless zanpakuto in SS, even Hanatarou's would be better...
A last note about Kenpachi: if his initial swing was two-handed, all of SS would have turned into HM instantly
Old 2009-11-04, 15:54   Link #90
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
I haven't seen the episode yet but it sounds sooo disappointing
I just remebered why Kenpachi is such a shitty character, he has no real motivation, no impressive moves,so his fights never even look that impressive, a stupid character design, and he gets power ups from stupider reasons than Ichigo. Hold on, I'm going to type this last part with two hands for added power, the only thing Kenpachi has ever been good for is making 300 videos. /rant
K, I'm going to watch the episode now.
EDIT:
OK, this episode was crap. All of the sudden Kenpachi has his very own Getsuba Tenshou? And Yumichika has kidou skills? Also, didn't his zanpakuto disarm him when he got caught in its tentacle rape? How come he was still holding his sword? I'm also disappointed at how the anime team just wrote Wabisuke out of the rest of this filler arc, I guess he was just too powerful. (Even though they just nerfed the shit out of him.)
They didn't nerf Wabisuke at all. Zanpakuto of less than Captain class have no business being effective against Kenpachi's reiatsu. His powerups are usually legitimate. I do agree that Kenpachi makes for awesome 300 vids. I don't know what your on when you watch Kenpachi but he is usally involved in only the best fight scenes.

Last edited by Mr.Amazing; 2009-11-04 at 15:55. Reason: unclear use of pronouns
Old 2009-11-04, 15:58   Link #91
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Ahhhh... such a good entrance wasted.
agreed...last ep we see Kenpachi's reiatsu punching through the roof of a building, but in the beginning of this episode we see it's the building that Kira and Wabisuke was on... seemed a bit odd because it didn't leave that impression in the previous episode as to me it seemed like Kenny just appeared in some random building. Oh if I could direct his entrance all over again...
Old 2009-11-04, 16:02   Link #92
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
agreed...last ep we see Kenpachi's reiatsu punching through the roof of a building, but in the beginning of this episode we see it's the building that Kira and Wabisuke was on...it seemed a bit more random because it didn't leave that impression in the previous episode as to me it seemed like he just appeared in some random building.
I also thought Ken was just in a random building, but I don't think it changed much. His entrance was still pretty spectacular, especially with the way he cut down Wabesuke in a single cut.
Old 2009-11-04, 16:06   Link #93
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
agreed...last ep we see Kenpachi's reiatsu punching through the roof of a building, but in the beginning of this episode we see it's the building that Kira and Wabisuke was on... seemed a bit odd because it didn't leave that impression in the previous episode as to me it seemed like Kenny just appeared in some random building. Oh if I could direct his entrance all over again...
You're watching too much Yachiru, if she had a zanpakuto power, it would be disorientation of her enemies for sure!
Old 2009-11-04, 18:14   Link #94
chaos_animagic

Me thinky they did a "glitch" in this episode... cause we see after Kenpachi finish releasing his reiatsu... he isn't wearing the patch (11:12)
But at (12:44) he's wearing his patch...

I mean... we didn't see Kenpachi putting on his patch at all, and he was still talking and didn't raise his arm or anything...

Did the patch automatically re-appear onto his head or something?

And isn't the reason he removed the patch was to fight at his fullest? If he's wearing the patch... he isn't fighting at his fullest...
Old 2009-11-04, 20:05   Link #95
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Kenpachi vs. Byakuya is epic. Looking forward to the next.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-11-04, 21:48   Link #96
uytre

so umm kenpachi just went super sayain this episdoe, goku would be proud
Old 2009-11-04, 22:41   Link #97
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by uytre View Post
so umm kenpachi just went super sayain this episdoe, goku would be proud
But Vegeta would be pissed.
Old 2009-11-05, 00:13   Link #98
SeanQ

Lol...just watched episode...Kenpachi's zanpakutou's manifestation would destroy the story...
Old 2009-11-05, 01:18   Link #99
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Lol...just watched episode...Kenpachi's zanpakutou's manifestation would destroy the story...
some would say that's not a bad thing with the current direction of the series
Old 2009-11-05, 01:44   Link #100
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Does anyone else hate the fact that after the "good guys" win a fight to the death, against impossible odds they have "always" given some stupid speech? And then the worse part for me deserving of a palm face, is that they collapse where they're just standing afterwards.

I stopped watching for a bit when pretty boy just dropped and laughed at it, in a bad way.

Also Kenpachi > everyone except Ichigo because he has main character armor.

Credit @ fallschirmjager

Last edited by Jin Kizuite; 2009-11-05 at 02:46.
Closed Thread