Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-15, 02:30   Link #2881
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*blown away*
Talk about stretching stuff out... (;;;;; O_ o)

Even assuming you have enough experience yourself to say that in real life, since they are anime characters and have done plenty enough to prove they aren't comparable to real life people, there is no way that is 100% true.
Considering how emotinally weak she was to get to together with Hisahi just because "he happened to be there for me" eventhough she clearly loved Takashi and does right now, I say that why not? She was emotionally depended on Hisahi wouldn't be surprise if she was physically close to him as well.

As for the whole talk about Rei thing. Kinda annoys me how she gets a free pass with the whole "you don't understand me thing" and gets together with Hisashi just because he happens to be there. She could have you know talk to Takashi about her problems rather than her just hoping that he would somehow completely understand her as if he could read her mind. But hey she must have love Hisashi eventhough... she was blushing with Takashi on the rooftop where Hashshi dead body was, oh and then a few days later showing jealousy when other girls was showing interest in Takashi and than she herself hitting on Takashi... yeah she sure loved Hisashi. If was I Hisashi I would be rolling over my grave right now.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 02:39   Link #2882
kujoe
from head to heel

One can criticize Rei for a lot of things, but I don't think she was being emotionally weak by choosing to be with Hisashi. At the time, Takashi wasn't just there for her, so she decided to move on with someone else.

Obviously, there were some complications that went along with such a decision, as it conflicted with her friendship with Takashi, and despite the could've-been-more-than-friends closeness they had, it was precisely just that: a close friendship. She wanted to be with Takashi, but he didn't respond to her feelings and her needs, so she found someone else. It's not like she was dating Takashi before she went to be with Hisashi.

While one can probably look at it another way and criticize her for just needing a man, I think it was still a choice that she gave some thought to, before making up her mind.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 02:42   Link #2883
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post

She could have you know talk to Takashi about her problems rather than her just hoping that he would somehow completely understand her as if he could read her mind.

^We don't know that for sure. Lots of things we don't know:

-How long did Takashi ignore her before she gave up on him?
-Did Takashi know he was pushing her away, and if so why did he do that?
-Did Hisashi ever try to get his 'best friend' to wise up, or did he just swoop in as soon as he saw an opportunity?
-Did Shizuka have sex with her sniper girl-friend?
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 02:47   Link #2884
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
One can criticize Rei for a lot of things, but I don't think she was being emotionally weak by choosing to be with Hisashi. At the time, Takashi wasn't just there for her, so she decided to move on with someone else.

Obviously, there were some complications that went along with such a decision, as it conflicted with her friendship with Takashi, and despite the could've-been-more-than-friends closeness they had, it was precisely just that: a close friendship. She wanted to be with Takashi, but he didn't respond to her feelings and her needs, so she found someone else. It's not like she was dating Takashi before she went to be with Hisashi.
Really my main problem is with people not talking about their problems or their needs. It only leads to misunderstandings, all she had to do is talk to him and Takashi would have understood her problems. Instead she choose the "you don't get me" line and went with the guy who just happens to be there for her. Maybe I'm just frustrated from watching to many k-dramas were love romances goes the "complicated" route just because there don't bother to actually talk to each other about there feelings/problems.

All it takes a few sentences to clear things up. sigh
Old 2010-08-15, 02:53   Link #2885
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
All it takes a few sentences to clear things up. sigh
Unfortunately, that's very true.

A lot of dramas could probably be solved with a heart-to-heart conversation, and usually this happens near the very end. It depends really. But then, we wouldn't have all that drama now, would we?

I think in Takashi and Rei's case, Takashi just didn't want to listen to her, especially during the time when she needed someone to confide in the most. I don't think it has been revealed as to why, but because of that, such a conversation couldn't be had between the two.

Things didn't improve either when Rei was steady with Hisashi, as it seems that she would bring him up whenever she would be spending time with Takashi. Naturally, Takashi resents that, as episode 6 shows.
Old 2010-08-15, 03:02   Link #2886
ZODDGUTS

True. But I find both at fault. Rei for not bothering to tell him what was going on with her life. It wasn't just Takashi's fault for what happened between the two.
Old 2010-08-15, 03:10   Link #2887
kujoe
from head to heel

I agree.

It's pretty complicated really.

If I were Takashi, I'd rather look towards a certain swordswoman in the group.
Old 2010-08-15, 03:16   Link #2888
ZODDGUTS

Heh agreed.
Old 2010-08-15, 03:26   Link #2889
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
If I were Takashi, I'd rather look towards a certain tsundere in the group.
Agreed.
Old 2010-08-15, 03:29   Link #2890
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I agree.

It's pretty complicated really.

If I were Takashi, I'd rather look towards a certain swordswoman in the group.
I agree with the last statement indeed

Maybe the directors just want to build up drama in the anime so they don't take the "complicated" route of the dramatic romance between Rei and Takashi, probably gonna reveal it sooner or later when Rei gets even more jealous of the other girls in the group trying to score Takashi for themselves.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 03:30   Link #2891
kujoe
from head to heel

Oh man, you guys crack me up sometimes.
Old 2010-08-15, 03:39   Link #2892
ZeKeR
Superbad

Tonight... We shall see!!!!
Old 2010-08-15, 03:48   Link #2893
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
Tonight... We shall see!!!!
Indeed, from an entirely "fan-service" episode to an entirely different "action-packed" episode in my assumption if they completely follow the manga which has been said many times that it does.

I will think that everyone will have a blast with tonight's episode.
Old 2010-08-15, 03:52   Link #2894
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I know that its less then a day from the next episode.. but I really feel that peoples respect some other anime only viewers by trying not to spoil anything other then what shown in the preview.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 03:54   Link #2895
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I know that its less then a day from the next episode.. but I really feel that peoples respect some other anime only viewers by trying not to spoil anything other then what shown in the preview.
Hmm did I reveal to much from just my comment of it switching from "fan-service" to "action-packed"?
Old 2010-08-15, 04:03   Link #2896
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Hmm did I reveal to much from just my comment of it switching from "fan-service" to "action-packed"?
like i said... we'll see
Old 2010-08-15, 09:48   Link #2897
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ep.6 was a fun break from reality...and then the dog had to bark!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 10:50   Link #2898
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
But what if you're Takashi and Iam Hirano? Sensei wants us? Are you game for a 3some?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Since this anime is somewhat basically following the manga, then you will defiantly love the next episode
Where are those moderators who were really strict when this series started??

Quote:

While one can probably look at it another way and criticize her for just needing a man, I think it was still a choice that she gave some thought to, before making up her mind.
Exactly. I bet Rei gave Takashi plenty of chances but he failed every time. There may have been a good reason or no reason why, but we may never find out.
Old 2010-08-15, 11:08   Link #2899
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

This thread's getting out of hand again...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 11:30   Link #2900
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
No
Ok then.

Back to the relationship of Takashi and Rei. I agree, both parties probably lacked something on each other side one reason why the promise of their childhood days where not kepy. If Rei really wanted that pinky promise, she should have done something that can make Takashi change, she wasn't good enough too on her side to be with Takashi since she gave up too early, not knowing Takashi is a shy guy with his feelings and being indecisive, she should have just talked to Hayashi to make Takashi jealous not become literally his boyfriend. On a side note on Takashi, he doesn't do anything when that happened he just let the relationship of the 2 go, he didn't even had the guts to say to his friend, "that's my girl we got a promise when we're young." You gotta wonder the WHAT IF'S here will Rei go back to Takashi or stay with Hayashi? Or This will become best friends at each other for a girl again? But gotta wonder though, if What if, just What if Takashi was the one bitten, will it be different story if Hayashi is the main character? Really intrigues me there are alot of "WHAT IF'S" on Takashi and Rei. That's probably one of their interesting points.

<bias>Other news is that Takashi only had 2 good moments the Gun and the Stairs. Hirano had most of the awesome moments and development screen time. and Iam damn so GLAD he gets ALOT of development it every episode.</bias>

Like I said Iam bias when it comes to Kouta Hirano.

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse