AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-27, 05:23   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 672 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Break's over! Also, the full chap is already out now so I'll make this summary brief. However, I should still give credit where credit was due for the initial spoilers, so thanks T and Aohige!

-Chapter title is "My name is Kinemon". Splash page features Zoro and Sanji, who are fighting each other.

-The mystery man is revealed to be a new character named Vergo (or Wergo). It's implied that he and Law had a past together, and he also reveals that Monet was working as a spy, as his organization distrusts Caesar. He then knocks out Law with what appears to be a CoA-powered bamboo flute....

-Back in front of the lab, it's revealed that Caesar defeated not only Luffy, but every other strong fighter present as well without even touching them. Meanwhile, Nanji discovers Kinemon's torso (with CoO haki), which was being eaten by sharks. After beating them up, he uses a technique called Blue Walk to blast through a layer of CC's poison. Kinemon's body is finally restored, and the samurai is grateful to Nanji. As the slime draws near, Kinemon reveals his sword style: Kitsunebi-ryu (fox fire sword style), which not only cuts with fire, but cuts through it, as well. He then slashes a path through the slime. Kinemon's display of power ends up piquing Zoro's interest in the samurai.....

Wow, fun chapter! So the mystery guy was a totally new character, after all. AND we get to learn more about Kinemon's abilities (I'm still thinking that he's a fox spirit-type zoan). Can't wait to see what happens next!

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-06-27 at 05:33.
Old 2012-06-27, 05:27   Link #2
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Daaaaaaaym. New guy owned Law pretty hard...

HARPY FOR NAKAMA.

*ahem*

Freaking loved the hell out of that cover story, Luffy and the others are gonna be seastoned... it looks like it'll be up to Sanji, Zoro, Brook and Kinemon to save the day. Namji is getting more and more awesome by the second and laying down to rest theories in its wake (Like Haki ability or techniques being connected to a body rather than the mind)
Old 2012-06-27, 05:35   Link #3
marvelB

BTW, I slightly edited the summary since Vergo/Wergo implies that he's working under someone else with greater authority than him. Looks like even if he isn't Joker himself, he's most definitely connected to him in some way.....
Old 2012-06-27, 05:37   Link #4
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Freaking loved the hell out of that cover story... Namji is getting more and more awesome by the second and laying down to rest theories in its wake (Like Haki ability or techniques being connected to a body rather than the mind)
loved the cover art as well. the hare and tortoise rivalry fits zoro and sanji quite well. looks like sanji can use two types of haki. the observation haki has just been confirmed but i believe he also possesses the armaments haki.

aohige was right again, oda just introduced a whole new character! most of us thought it was joker but i guess oda has other plans. welgo or wergo has a pretty interesting ability. what is so special about that flute that could affect law like that? i'm very curious.

i am so loving kinemon! who would've thought that he has such a badass ability? i wonder if that ability has something to do with his DF or a particular sword technique? if it's the latter (which i hope so though i doubt it), wouldn't it be interesting if zoro learned it as well? just wishful thinking, don't mind me.
Old 2012-06-27, 05:59   Link #5
marvelB

^I had already pointed out in a previous thread that fox youkai (spirits/demons) are known to create a kind of fire called fox fire, so that's why I'm leaning towards Kinemon's sword style being related to his DF ability. In fact, his ability is probably capable of all sorts of magic (we DID see him transform stones into warm clothes, after all).....

And as for Wergo, I'm definitely interested in him. As I already said in my last post, I'm pretty sure he works for Joker. I also find it cool that he uses a bamboo flute as a weapon. Makes me wonder if he also uses a musical-themed fighting style, like Brooke and Scratchmen Apoo....?
Old 2012-06-27, 06:05   Link #6
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^I had already pointed out in a previous thread that fox youkai (spirits/demons) are known to create a kind of fire called fox fire, so that's why I'm leaning towards Kinemon's sword style being related to his DF ability. In fact, his ability is probably capable of all sorts of magic (we DID see him transform stones into warm clothes, after all).....

And as for Wergo, I'm definitely interested in him. As I already said in my last post, I'm pretty sure he works for Joker. I also find it cool that he uses a bamboo flute as a weapon. Makes me wonder if he also uses a musical-themed fighting style, like Brooke and Scratchmen Apoo....?
i know, i was just wishful thinking, like i said. i am so enamored by that fox fire ability right now, that's why.

alright, kinemon for new nakama then!

hmmm... wergo's flute is obviously a musical weapon. he probably enhances the effect by imbuing it with haki. as to what kind of haki, perhaps it's conqueror's haki. it could explain why law felt weakened by his presence.
Old 2012-06-27, 07:16   Link #7
t3ck
Anime Freak

Last panel, Zoro putting his hand on his katana, he wants to fight Fox Fire?

Can someone clarify?
Old 2012-06-27, 07:19   Link #8
james0246

So...is that a hamburger stuck to the side of Wergo's face?
Old 2012-06-27, 07:23   Link #9
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hamburger sideburns, Oda-style. So, Luffy&co got knocked out, Vergo mopped the floor with Law, Smoker and his group were defeated and there's a lot less active fighters around to face the threat that is CC!

Best part of the chapter for me was the cover story. Simply hilarious
Old 2012-06-27, 07:48   Link #10
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
One overpowered character after another. First Law, then CC defeats Luffy, then he defeats Robin, Franky and some other dudes off-panel, now another character defeats Law, so he probably is overpowered as well. Not to mention than the samurai can cut fire? So what other powers does he have? Even Zoro is impressed, so he is clearly overpowered as well. Wow, the new world is crazy. This arc should be called island of the overpowered or something.
well, it's the new world what do you expect? i would have actually been disappointed if they were as pathetic as hody and his gang. at least now we're seeing some pretty threatening characters that could, at the very least, match the powered-up straw hats. besides, it's not like oda created characters that could resurrect hundreds and not just turn them into zombies like moria, or place someone under an illusion of a time loop or open dimensions and summon monstrous powers or someone who could evolve into a "butterfly-like" all-powerful indestructible being.
Old 2012-06-27, 07:58   Link #11
marvelB

What the hell...? I just went back to reread the chapter and I find that the previous translation I read (which was actually decent) got replaced with a hilariously awful one (case in point: There's ZERO mentioning of Monet being a spy). What kind of backwards logic is this!? And..... I mean, Lo? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So...is that a hamburger stuck to the side of Wergo's face?
lol yeah, I noticed the steak-burn, too. Well, I guess that means Luffy will like Wergo since he has a piece of meat for facial hair!

Also, now that we've got some action from Kinemon, I wonder when Monet will finally do something aside from flapping around and being adorably creepy.....
Old 2012-06-27, 08:19   Link #12
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Was not expecting Kinemon to be so tall...and badass! Everyone was so worried about the slime but he just took care of it with so much ease.

Kinemon and Monet for Nakama!!!!
Old 2012-06-27, 08:38   Link #13
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Was not expecting Kinemon to be so tall...and badass! Everyone was so worried about the slime but he just took care of it with so much ease.

Kinemon and Monet for Nakama!!!!
lol i vote for that too!

but if kinemon is so powerful, then how strong are the other wano samurai? this is really peaking my interest. i sure hope the straw hats get to go to wano in the next arc. i want to see more of the samurai!
Old 2012-06-27, 09:04   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Zoro's not the only one whose interest was sparked. Kinemon's abilities are pretty impressive and should prove to be a invaluable asset against CC and his slimes.

Virgo is also pretty cool. He's treating Law, a shichibukai now, like a child. It sounds like he's an emissary of Joker, whoever the hell he is. And yeah, lol at that steak on his face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Freaking loved the hell out of that cover story, Luffy and the others are gonna be seastoned... it looks like it'll be up to Sanji, Zoro, Brook and Kinemon to save the day. Namji is getting more and more awesome by the second and laying down to rest theories in its wake (Like Haki ability or techniques being connected to a body rather than the mind)
Don't forget Ussop. I'm sure he's up to something.
Old 2012-06-27, 09:28   Link #15
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I was expecting Kinemon to dazzle us with awesome-ness when he regained his body but damn didn't expect that, that was real badass awesome-ness!
You know for sure it is if it gets Zoro's attention but then any good swordsman will probably get Zoro's attention

Virgo-san(gotta get it right or he'll have ya!) is pretty cool, overpwoers Law so easily, wonder if we'll see him fight a little more this arc or if he's here to pick up Law.

Lots of twists and turns going on atm, really wondering where things will go from here.
Old 2012-06-27, 09:29   Link #16
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
aohige was right again, oda just introduced a whole new character! most of us thought it was joker but i guess oda has other plans. welgo or wergo has a pretty interesting ability. what is so special about that flute that could affect law like that? i'm very curious.
Yes it was pretty obvious that it was likely to be a new character.

To me, he seems like Law's old teacher. Or someone who Law used to work for.. or works for someone Law used to work for. The honorific suggests a relationship of respect.

Edit: In before Kinemon for nakama posts.
Old 2012-06-27, 09:44   Link #17
ronin myael
lost ronin

let me clear something out. what is the new guy's name anyway? is it wergo, welgo or virgo? i'm confused. can you please set this straight aohige-san?

as for who the guy is, i'm guessing he's a joker lackey, as someone else pointed out earlier. he may not be joker but he's still connected to joker.
Old 2012-06-27, 09:45   Link #18
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Yes it was pretty obvious that it was likely to be a new character.

To me, he seems like Law's old teacher. Or someone who Law used to work for.. or works for someone Law used to work for. The honorific suggests a relationship of respect.
Oda has a habit of making characters with weird quirks. Having a character that has a thing for honorifics is too farfetched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Edit: In before Kinemon for nakama posts.
Sorry bro, too late.
Old 2012-06-27, 11:27   Link #19
janipani

Kinemon is a father.. he can't join. But I bet Strawhats are going to take him and his son home...

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2012-06-27, 11:32   Link #20
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Kinemon is a father.. he can't join.
I fail to see the logic behind this...
Closed Thread