AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-09, 16:50   Link #5441
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolsot View Post
Oh my god I used to stalk this thread regularly and then forgot about it for a straight year and a half.

H-has Quatrine/whateverthefhernameis slapped Mille and Phobos in the face and run off into the sunset with her mistress Relena yet? At this point that's honestly all I care about, stupid shipping crap because why not, I'm completely over anything else.
No... chances are that Sumizawa is planing to make all the fangirls squeal with delight when Quatre Quatrine runs away with Trowa... right after he kills us with EVERY cliche in the book he can find.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 00:23   Link #5442
susyia

what? can you explain please? i think gundam wing doesen't have any romance
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 19:26   Link #5443
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
Care to elaborate?
Old 2013-07-10, 23:28   Link #5444
susyia

elaborate what? what I mean is that there is no explicit romance in GW that's all
Old 2013-07-11, 10:29   Link #5445
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The only explicit romance or pairing in Gundam Wing was ZechsxNoin.
Old 2013-07-12, 11:20   Link #5446
Eeni

Quote:
I was joking saying that Sumizawa was gonna make the fangirls/boys happy with the 3x4 pairing (even if it is their clones, that's pretty close enough).

And as far as cliches go... we've had just about everything
  • Long lost brothers suddenly showing up
  • Separated lovers who can't be together because of some stupid reason or an other
  • Sad origin stories where both parents die
  • Cross dressing to escape certain death
  • Handsome knight in shinning armor saving the damsel in distress
  • Twins separated at birth
  • Young ladies who can kick ass
  • Rebellious kids
  • The faith of the world rests on kid's shoulders
And the list goes on and on and on and on and on...

Also, while Zechs/Noin are the only "relationship", there was also the love that Une held for Traize (though it didn't seem like Traize cared to reciprocate said affections), and Heero and Relena's attraction towards one an other... maybe not in a "I love you" sort of way, but there was an attraction towards one an other there. I always thought it as a "s/he's an interesting person, I want to get to know him/her".

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2013-07-13 at 02:56.
Old 2013-07-13, 19:53   Link #5447
Elo the Blue

Quote:
elaborate what? what I mean is that there is no explicit romance in GW that's all
Well, there is "romance" in the series. Certainly not to the degree of other series but there are clear instances of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Also, while Zechs/Noin are the only "relationship", there was also the love that Une held for Traize (though it didn't seem like Traize cared to reciprocate said affections), and Heero and Relena's attraction towards one an other... maybe not in a "I love you" sort of way, but there was an attraction towards one an other there. I always thought it as a "s/he's an interesting person, I want to get to know him/her".
Duo and Hilde were clearly in a relationship and Treize more or less expressed his feelings for Une at least twice.
Old 2013-07-14, 13:38   Link #5448
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Duo and Hilde were clearly in a relationship and Treize more or less expressed his feelings for Une at least twice.
This is all personal interpretation, so here we go:

Again, Traize cared for Une, but it never seemed like anything more then simple caring for a friend's well being. He never went out of his way to to do things for her, if anything, he used her alot. He didn't seem to care much about putting Une in danger (though I'm sure he knew she was a big girl and could take care of herself). He didn't seem to be bothered by the fact that she got shot, but at least he cared enough to bring her back from Lunar Base. Either he was extremely level headed and just had faith that things will end better or a plain out ass.

Duo and Hilde's "relationship" seems to be the same thing. Ya he really upset when Hilde was hurt got her after retrieving Libra's blueprints. But who wouldn't be pissed that your friend (maybe even best friend seeing as how you don't really have any other friends) got hurt? I know I've been horrible concerned when friends get into car accident and have gone to their side as fast as I could. Duo doesn't want her to follow him into battle, again, friends not letting friends be hurt. There were no regrets of leaving her behind, no thought of her while he was away. Heero at least thought of Relena while away from her. Maybe not in a romantic way, but she was on his mind. Ya, Duo went back to her and we know that because of EW, but really, where else has he got to go back to?

Hilde, on the other hand, seems to have a crush on Duo. She left her cadet training and dropped what she was doing to follow him. Perhaps, initially it was because she was curious about how he viewed the world and found some truth in his words. She not only followed him to a junkyard where they lived together (where's the government asking why there are two 15 year olds living and running a business together?!?!?) but she went as far as to help out with the Libra situation. She clearly thought of him and how to help him out. She clearly put some effort into trying to hang out with the guy as well, dragging him along to park and then a circus.

And that was a much longer, rant-looking post then I really wanted it to be. Sorry ^^;

Old 2013-07-15, 18:13   Link #5449
susyia

maybe she likes him more than he likes her but there is a like too in his way.. anyway ... duo and hilde make a good couple of friends or something else ...
don't forget that hilde in episode.. i don't remember said she thinks trowa is cute and duo was.... oh really

heero relena perhaps even in the FT they won't be together but i hope they kiss in the end

i think Kathy is wufeis daughter

and omg why Quatre didin't marry? has a passage in the chapter that iria explain to quatrine why his brother never married but i did not understand the translation

anyway romance is complicated in GW
Old 2013-07-15, 18:29   Link #5450
sky black swordman

^ That was episode 36.
I still remember the expression on face Duo, when she said it.
Old 2013-07-23, 02:34   Link #5451
blacksun128

Proto - Zero
blacksun128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 07:11   Link #5452
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
This is all personal interpretation, so here we go:

Again, Traize cared for Une, but it never seemed like anything more then simple caring for a friend's well being. He never went out of his way to to do things for her, if anything, he used her alot. He didn't seem to care much about putting Une in danger (though I'm sure he knew she was a big girl and could take care of herself). He didn't seem to be bothered by the fact that she got shot, but at least he cared enough to bring her back from Lunar Base. Either he was extremely level headed and just had faith that things will end better or a plain out ass.

Duo and Hilde's "relationship" seems to be the same thing. Ya he really upset when Hilde was hurt got her after retrieving Libra's blueprints. But who wouldn't be pissed that your friend (maybe even best friend seeing as how you don't really have any other friends) got hurt? I know I've been horrible concerned when friends get into car accident and have gone to their side as fast as I could. Duo doesn't want her to follow him into battle, again, friends not letting friends be hurt. There were no regrets of leaving her behind, no thought of her while he was away. Heero at least thought of Relena while away from her. Maybe not in a romantic way, but she was on his mind. Ya, Duo went back to her and we know that because of EW, but really, where else has he got to go back to?

Hilde, on the other hand, seems to have a crush on Duo. She left her cadet training and dropped what she was doing to follow him. Perhaps, initially it was because she was curious about how he viewed the world and found some truth in his words. She not only followed him to a junkyard where they lived together (where's the government asking why there are two 15 year olds living and running a business together?!?!?) but she went as far as to help out with the Libra situation. She clearly thought of him and how to help him out. She clearly put some effort into trying to hang out with the guy as well, dragging him along to park and then a circus.

And that was a much longer, rant-looking post then I really wanted it to be. Sorry ^^;
Belated reply...

Regarding Treize and Une, being that she was his subordinate, it was only natural she would carry out his bidding. However, as Treize's self-sacrifice at the end of the Eve Wars alone proved, he was very much of aware of his role in the AC universe and how he could shape it with his actions. No matter how deep his feelings truly were for Une, he wasn't going to go of-course just to protect her and lose sight of the bigger picture. However, he did implore Zechs (who had severed ties from him) to save her. To say he didn't seem "bothered" after Une is shot is a bad assumption because there simply wasn't a scene involving him receiving the news. We only see him a few episodes later on his way to exile. However, he reminisces about her in the same episode, holds up two pictures of her and refers to her as his "beloved" and "love". Pretty explicit declarations in my opinion.

Moving on to Duo and Hilde, like your opinion on Treize's reaction to Une being shot, you're assuming that Duo never thought of Hilde when he was away. Based on what he know about them, I'd say it's a poor assumption. Heero and Relena are obviously the primary characters in the series. Just because we weren't treated to moments of Duo longingly uttering Hilde's name doesn't mean he never thought ofher. He went from being on opposite sides of the conflict with a girl to living with her within the span of a couple of months. Their relationship was deeper than Duo simply having no one else to settle down with.
Old 2013-07-23, 18:58   Link #5453
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksun128 View Post
Proto - Zero
Love it!
I especially love that Neo Brid Mode!!
Old 2013-07-24, 06:51   Link #5454
NTC

FT on hiatus AGAIN this month
and I post the latest chapter, in Chinese...
NTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 09:25   Link #5455
Halberd
ARX-6

man, FT's schedule is completely erratic, isn't it? kinda makes you think that Sumisawa has no idea where he's going with the story... I mean, more than the story itself.
Halberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 11:10   Link #5456
susyia

omg please!!! can someone translate this chapter ?? Dorothy is in there
Old 2013-07-24, 12:14   Link #5457
gordol
Banned

We'll only see lineart for the new Gundams in 2015, I've already accepted this little fact...
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 21:39   Link #5458
gordol
Banned

GOL moving fast!

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 06:05   Link #5459
sky black swordman

^ Fast indeed!

Man, the more I see this Proto -Zero and its Neo Bird Mode, the more I love!
Old 2013-07-25, 15:29   Link #5460
Javiersansano

Actually, I've beeen wondering... in practical terms, could someone argue how the custom version is better than the proto version of wing zero?

There is no shield, and even though one could argue the angel wings offer more maneuverability, they seem to fragile to replace the shield.

Aesthetically, the custom version is better though.
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing